USA- Costa Rica @ Soldier Field, June 7

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I'll be there. :thumbsup:

3. Moejangles

Moejangles Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am looking for two AO tickets, anyone care to help?

4. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are some people selling on the AO Member Ticket exchange board.

5. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    I'm going, first time watching an event in Chicago, so any pointers are welcome. Our hotel is fairly close to the stadium so we plan on walking, but anything to watch out for?

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do you mean watch out for ?

My only suggestion is get there early to avoid security lines

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Beware of the the gang violence, don't leave your hotel for any reason, it is very very scary. (Major sarcasm)

Chicago downtown in June is world class, walk around as much as possible, before the game meet up at the AO pregame location and March to stadium with them/us. Tons of things to see/do before and after the game, zero concern for safety, imo. This coming from a 15 year downtown Chicago resident.

RoleModel83, doogiemo and HomietheClown repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Take plenty of pictures. The view on the lake is very nice. Lot's of museums and other buildings.

There may be some panhandlers and poor people asking for money here and there but you find that in any major city.

9. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    FYP! ;)

10. IU Gooner

IU Gooner Member+

Feb 8, 2009
    Chicago
    How long you here for? If you're staying through Thursday go to the White Sox game Wednesday. It's a 5-10 minute cab/uber from around Soldier Field.

Playing the Nationals that week, should be a battle of 2 top 5 teams in baseball!

11. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Checking here first, anyone have 2 supporter section tix available. Much appreciated.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    My Mets should be ahead of the Nationals by June.
    That is when Dusty Baker teams usually fall back down to earth. :p

13. Illini Joe

Illini Joe Member

May 26, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Any idea how much AO tickets would be for a potential semi-final? I'm trying to decide if I should go to the Costa Rica match or save up and wait.

14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    going with a co-worker, and had intended to just take the South Shore Line in and out on the day. then the other day he comes up to me:

him: "my brother is in town, and his job (which has him flying every week) lets him keep his miles, so he gets free flights and hotels all the time. you want me to see if he can get us a room in town for free?"

me: "er ... ok."

the upshot is that i'm now staying at the Hilton on Michigan Ave in a $500 room for a grand total of nowt. get the f*ck in!

IU Gooner and wixson7 repped this.
  15. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    It's amazing how disillusioned I've been with USSoccer lately that I've only bought my tickets for this tonight... and I live about half a mile's walk to the stadium.

Still, the prices on Stubhub seem to be dropping. Got row one of section 352 for 60 each. I'd spend more on better seats, but I still may decide to go the semi.

For anyone interested, JAM/VEN tix are of course dirt cheap on the resale markets. I picked up a couple 2nd row tickets for that one for $10 each before forgetting that I'm out of town. Sad, because I was hoping to see Andre Blake play for his country.

16. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    anything specific, just ask. What hotel? I live steps from the stadium so can help out with any questions.

(I know you posted this a month ago)

17. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I'd wait for us to get out of the group first before making that assumption.

18. Mike Recinto

Mike Recinto New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #18 Mike Recinto, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    I have a question on Parking close to Soldier Field on the June 7th game. This will be my first non-friendly match so I don't know what to expect. There is a website at SoldierField Parking where you can purchase a spot for $50-$60. Are there any lots that will have more USA fans? Or do I park farther away and walk there?
    Thanks,

19. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Find out where the AO tailgate will be and park close to them. Only time I've been to Soldier field I parked on the top level of the Waldron parking deck and had a good time.

20. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Where are you coming from? Honestly unless you're bringing your own tailgate equipment, I'd advise parking somewhere else and saving a lot of money and headache. SpotHero App usually has some nearby spaces that are dirt cheap. If you're coming from Michigan, Indiana, or the South Suburbs, take the South Shore or Metra Electric lines in and get off at 18th. Plus, you'll potentially be coming in during rush hour and Lakeshore drive is already a mess because of the Stephenson Expressway reconstruction.

Just make sure not to street park in the South Loop neighborhood during the game. You're at risk of being towed if you park without a local permit even if you feed the meters.

21. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Buddy of mine is trying to offload 2 tix, face value. If anyone knows of anyone.

Section 341
    2 tix
    Face value - $95 each

22. Mike Recinto

Mike Recinto New Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Thanks! Yeah, I took the South Shore in last year for some weekend concerts. I didn't know if they had a train running after the game. I'll probably do that and bring some beers and meet friends in the lot! Heading back east right after the US victory....

23. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Just check the schedules I guess to make sure you can get home, but assuming it runs this late, it's a nice easy ride and drops you off right at the south entrance.

24. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  25. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Several typical stadium parking lots, a few just south of the stadium and east of Lake Shore Drive. Typical stuff (pricey but close and good tailgating). The other option is to park somewhere near the AO preparty (map above). Don't street park, but there are parking lots around. Preparty and march to the stadium with all the other people. It is a pretty long march, but stops at the USSoccer HQ for your peek at Sunil's palace. All good times.