USA-Colombia @Santa Clara June 3

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Anyone know how to get seating chart and figure out which section do the US supporters sit?
    Thanks,

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in 146 but I think it'll be pretty dispersed evenly in terms of fans.

yasik19 repped this.
  4. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The AO sections are 146, 101-103 and 201-203

Real Corona and yasik19 repped this.
  5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Working under the assumption that Ticketmaster is showing availability for all remaining tickets, this one is almost sold out as of 5/13/16.

This tournament may be a money-grab for CONCACAF and CONMEBOL, but at the end of the day, so is the World Cup and every other major tournament.

I can't wait for this one. Hoping the US fans turn out in big numbers for it. Also hoping that our team can feed off the energy and get a win!

El Chuma and tab5g repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am expecting a 70/30 split in US Support favor. There really aren't too many Colombians in the San Francisco area.
    I don't know if the crowd will be enough to win though. I expect (And hope) for a draw since I like both teams.:p

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they will travel well. Excitement in Colombia seemed quite high for this. So I'd imagine the chance to see Colombia play a meaningful game here would be tempting for many stateside based Colombianos.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, Colombians might travel well but tickets were on sale since December with only the USA as the known team to be playing for a couple months . And with it being the opener people in the area are stoked.
    It should be a Pro-USA crowd.

9. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    things to do the night before? the day of?

any tips for getting to the stadium and parking for those of us unfamiliar with the area?

10. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Parking tip: Don't.

Levi's Stadium does not have its own parking lots and thus it leases surrounding lots, mostly of nearby office buildings. Since this game is on a weekday, it probably won't have all of the lots that are normally available for NFL games, but it will have something. The drive-up parking cost is $50. You can purchase parking in advance on Ticketmaster for a "discounted" price, which I have heard comes out to $48.50 once you add in the Ticketmaster fees. Also, unless you arrive very early, you will be trying to get there during Friday rush hour. Not good.

Take public transportation. The VTA light rail has a station right in front of the stadium. The best way to get there depends on where you are coming from.

http://www.vta.org/getting-around/event-service/levis-stadium

doogiemo and Real Corona repped this.
  11. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I second ThreeApples recommendation for taking the light rail if you staying in any place within a mile or 2 of a light rail station. $4 round trip and avoiding Bay Area traffic is a no brainer.

I'm not going to lie--there ain't nothing to do in San Jose except eat and go to Sharks, Quakes or 49er games.

12. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Anyone know where the US team is team staying? Please send me a private message if you have any info.

13. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi all, I'm looking to trade 4 tickets in section 102 and acquire 4 tickets in section 146. Willing to pay a little premium for the exchange. The reason is my friends and I have 12 tickets total, with 8 tickets in section 146, and 4 tickets in section 102. In a perfect world we would all be in 146 together. Let me know if anyone has these available.

14. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are in SF, come to McTeagues for the Warriors game on Thursday. That is the AO bar in SF, and there should be some people partying there. If in SJ, there is an AO event at Avaya stadium Thursday.

15. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    excellent info!

16. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, McTeague's is a good spot. Most sports bars should be busy tonight with the Dubs game on at 6.

17. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    getting into SFO tomorrow morning....aside from avoiding the parking lots, anything to know for pregame? anyone hanging out before nearby?

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was ill so unable to do much other than minimum attendance to the game and back.

But my verdict is that Levi's stadium is one to avoid. $50-80 parking. Heavy traffic, 30-40 minute concession lines, long security lines....

Can see why 49ers fans aren't happy with it.

wixson7 and HomietheClown repped this.
  19. Big Football

Big Football Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Some beach in Florida,
    Club:
    Deportes Tolima
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So much for that 70-30 "Pro US crowd" you predicted, to go along with your final score prediction ("2-1 either way"):rolleyes:.
    That goes to show that despite the supposedly popularity soccer has gained in the past decade, and all those World Cup viewing parties, this country is still far from being a "Soccer country" as many posters hopelessly believe. Our beautiful game is still the passion of very few diehards in the US, not counting expats like me. The USSF must have felt very disenchanted at the US fans turnout. and at the same time jealous of the passionate support the "visiting" team received.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hey man, it could have gone 2-1 either way...
    ... a few bounces here and there could have determined that. (Especially a bounce off the arm.) :p
    But as I said in many threads before the game I never thought the US would win. I thought it would be a close Colombia win more than likely.

As for my crowd prediction the Colombians came in full force. Great. But it is one of the only crowd support predictions I have been wrong about when pertaining to US games in years.
    Big deal.

21. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think you are looking too much into a one game scenario.
    I think it proved that Colombian fans were more willing to spend the money for overpriced tickets and parking for an opening match. The next couple of matches will have more of a Pro-US feel.
    And the next match for Colombia will be played in a mostly empty stadium.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAH, there was about four or five sections full of supporters. Six years ago we probably would have had half a section at most.

23. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    agree with RealCorona on Levi's Stadium. i took the VTA to avoid the parking but Levi's Stadium is so very blech. it was hot which may have added to the feeling but it is far from anything of interest, the concessions were very expensive and the lines were insane. just felt disorganized and overly corporate.

as far as the crowd, i wasnt surprised by all the Pro-Colombian supporters but i was surprised by all the neutral supporters. there were a lot of casual US fans but overall far outnumbered by people that were supporters of neither team. i felt like the crowd was about 30% US, 50% Colombian and a solid 20% other

HomietheClown repped this.
  24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This stadium experience was the epitome of why I am not an NFL fan.

25. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Yeah that's about right. It was actually looking more like 75% Colombia fans as I walked through the parking lot and through the stadium to my seat about an hour and a half before kick-off. Once the Outlaws and rest of the crowd showed up though it didn't look so bad.

The Colombia fans sure know how to get loud though. Any USA chant that got started was sure to be countered and drowned out by a Colombia chant. Outside of the supporters section we US fans are a pretty tame bunch.