US women soccer players want equal pay to US men's team.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by SUDano, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    The Men are getting half of that?

2. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and say “no.”

SUDano repped this.
  3. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
  4. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    so you are not white and fear non-whites having the majority? so proud to have the great candace owens post here lol.

5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m pretty sure the only person in this thread who is talking about race is you.

Chastaen, Burr and Timon19 repped this.
  6. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would it be crazy to have her play on the North Carolina Courage? Cuz there doesn’t seem to have been any problems the last 4+ years, and she no-doubt has been playing with gay teammates.

Timon19 repped this.
  7. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    That link, article and video says nothing about 'her religious beliefs do not allow her to wear a shirt that is promoting the rights of gays having equal rights.' All it says in her reasoning was 'It wasn't my job to wear this jersey'.
    Are there any links indicating she said what you said. It seems like projection on many people's parts. It may be much more nuanced or complicated than god good, gay bad.

8. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you on the police thing as that is ridiculous, but the concept of a Straight Pride Parade is stupid and and even if not meant to be homophobic just comes across as spiteful at worst or childish and simplistic at best. Nobody has ever seriously said being straight is a sin or shameful, so what do you need Straight Pride for besides as a response to Gay Pride? Pointless hill to die on here. But nobody should outright ban the thing from happening if some fools want it I suppose.

majspike, celito and Timon19 repped this.
  9. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I reject that comparison. What does a rainbow number mean to you? It does not mean you are gay, it doesn't mean you want to be gay. It means that you support the rights of gay people to be treated as fully human.

10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I support the rights of gay people to be treated as fully human. I don't need a rainbow to believe that.

JJV1994 and Chastaen repped this.
  11. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    that is great. I feel the same.

12. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    huh

did you read it

"
    Then, days before the event, it was announced that the team jersey was designed to honor the LGBT community. Jaelene again turned to God.

She described, “I just felt so convicted in my spirit that it wasn’t my job to wear this jersey."

A direct quote

what do you think the article was about.

if thats not what it about...what was the issue? Why didn't she wear the jersey and why was there backlash and did she withdraw from the team?

13. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree 100% the idea is stupid but...how do you tell someone they cant have one if they want one?? It is too easy to fall into the trap of assuming sinister motives for some people, which I think has been demonstrated well on the thread. I see Pride as a celebration of their sexuality, which anybody should be free to do. At this point a Parade isnt going to change anyone's mind, it really is positive reinforcement and mutual respect from those that are willing to attend and give it. It's like the Browns 0-16 parade, it seems unnecessary but obviously some people wanted to do one.

Timon19 and Burr repped this.
  14. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess you missed the point over support over a belief. Anyway the original colors:

1. Pink — Sex
    2. Red — Life
    3. Orange — Healing
    4. Yellow — Sunlight
    5. Green — Nature
    6. Turquoise — Magic
    7. Blue — Peace
    8. Violet — Spirit
    Now reading those who could be against any of that...except maybe magic lol More recently it's just a symbol of supporting 'gay pride'. So what if you don't support it? It really is okay to not support it, Id guess. NAMBLA used to be a part of the IGLA, and that was seen as not acceptable at some point.

Should you show support for something you don't actually support to avoid being attacked by its supporters? And if you should, why do you draw the line at showing support for others because it is the right thing to do? Again, should the team wear jerseys with a cross on it to support a teammates belief even though they do not support, or even like, that belief?

15. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    the issue is that you've lied and misled so much in this thread we know this isn't the entire story.

16. Chastaen

Chastaen Member+

Alavés
    Jul 9, 2004
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the wager...post my racist quote from this thread.

You post that and your not a complete idiot and a total moron.

If your next post doesnt contain it then things go on as they have been and I dont change my mind. :)

17. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    #2368 SUDano, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    I watched the entire video which the article matches. She did not say that.
    We both agree what she said, but disagree on what that means.
    I take her at her word, not my projection of what that means.
    If someone asked me to wear a rainbow or fly the flag I would turn them down. I would reject it and say that's not my job. Does that mean to you that I don't believe that gays should have equal rights?
    We both never said that.

18. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I too support the rights of gay people to be treated as fully human, but reject someone trying to force me to wear the rainbow colors as it is an abomination to my fashion sense. I look terrible in those colors, it clashes with my pasty white skin.

Timon19, Bruce S and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  19. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    love a challenge

assume its for atleast million in cash

boom post 2306
    'I do not support the GSM lifestyle'

you are a bigot.

20. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    so what you dress in all black or only a swastika looks good on you?

21. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2DEDC034-DE88-4696-9669-81FC5E8C8DE7.jpeg

Burr, Chastaen and Timon19 repped this.
  22. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    oh ok

she said it wasn't her job...but she is all for it though really. thats why she had to ask someone who doesn't exist to see if its ok and said it clashed with her religious upbringing.

I mean I get playing dumb but at a certain point its just silly.

23. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    I hope that isn't a gsm bunny I don't want anyones feelings to get hurt.

24. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Your Militant view scares me and should scare all rational people.
    Because I don't want to wear silly clown colors I now am a nazi.