US vs Russia (April 6 & 9) Pre-Match-Post

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by kernel_thai, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Eben

Eben Member

Sep 16, 1999
    Fairfax, VA
    I can see them in your posts on my monitor. Didn't notice them specifically during the broadcast, but did notice that the picture seemed "softer" in the first half and improved in the second; based on your observations, it was on ESPN's end.

Dundalk24 repped this.
  2. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Okay, so I sampled the TIVO recording (Dish) I have of the game at 20 minutes and 58 minutes; the only difference I see is that the sun was much brighter at 20 minutes, which appears to have caused a substantial difference in the amount of digital filter used. But no lines that I can see.

If I really focus on the images you posted I can sort of see a very slight burlapy effect-- but 1. It is no greater than that on several other posted images of other things on other threads and 2.It looks like an artifact of whatever protocols used to post them?

My eyes aren't what they used to be, and I've been looking at the world through thick glasses since I was five, so I automatically screen out specks and smears and might not notice what is obvious to another person. But if I can just barely see something when I'm actively looking for it, it cannot be very serious?

3. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    1) I don't think u can make that conclusion with Heath unavailable.
    3) Hard to make a case for Lloyd to start in this formation over either Morgan or Press other than Lloyd having the support of a lot of 3rd world countries :)
    6) Ellis is classless and even if she could coach I wouldn't want her representing the US.

Airox repped this.