US vs. JPN :: San Francisco CA :: 2.10.06

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by mpetrik, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most of them are from their domestic league from what I heard...

2. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Oh noooooo!! ARGH. God damn baseball off-season making everything south of Market close up...

I'll call today and see...will post later.

3. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Well, son of a bitch...the number on citysearch is now not in service. Well...I'm not doing 21st Amendment. I'll probably hit Zekes or the Eagle Drift Inn beforehand and then stroll over to SBC. Sheesh.

Sorry for the hassle, guys.

4. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info.

Guess I'll head to the 21st Amendment!!

5. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After seeing their roster, it's not their "A" team but damn close!!

It's a VERY solid group & will present a formidable challenge for the USMNT, which is probably why I'm SOOOO looking forward to this game!!

6. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area
    Just got my tix today! Section 317. It'll be my first cap and I'm hell of excited.

One quick question though, which is the Bart station exit I need to get off at to catch the Muni train?

7. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I don't ride MUNI much, but I'm pretty sure you can catch the N Judah from the Civic Center, Powell St, Montgomery St. or Embarcadero stops.

8. willykirk

willykirk Member

Jan 6, 2004
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    embarcardero. catch the muni about 8 blocks back to the stadium for a buck i think.

9. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area
    Thanks fellas.:)

10. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's now $1.50 to ride Muni (except the Cable Cars).

11. Q Exp

Q Exp Member

Jul 29, 2004
    I wish I could be there but I'm stuck on the East Coast. This is going to be a good game, because from what I hear, Japan is coming with a lot of their good domestic players and we're bringing many of our good domestic players. It'll be around 1:00 PM in Japan when the game starts so people there are going to be following the game. Their players, just like our players, are going to try to impress both coaches and fans. I'm definitely watching this on TV...

Sam's Army is also gonna have to bring their "A" game. Japan's fans are some of the loudest, most organized fans I've seen out there and for a country of their size they usually travel well. I hope the SBC Park isn't turned into Yokohama Stadium.

12. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
    I am bringing my A-game! But we first we meet the Japanese at the Unofficial USA-Japan welcome party TOMORROW, brag-off, sing-off, and drinking contest 5-9pm Thursday Feb 9 Mad Dog in the Fog pub, 530 Haight St. http://**************.com/8xnbt
    Post party Sunday for those still standing in SF!
    Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

13. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
  14. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco
    Anyone know when the team flies into SF and where they will be training?

15. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good question there--if they are closer to San Francisco I would like to sneak in a chance to see them. Tough sell to see the Japanese team practice in Santa Clara and then head over to SF for some revelry.

We need some sake! ;) :D

16. West Coast

West Coast Member

Feb 4, 2006
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess Alcatraz but I'd recommend buying your ticket in advance at www.blueandgoldfleet.com. Going there will also take you to Fisherman's Wharf and you'll get a good look at the Golden Gate Bridge.

If you can't get a ticket to Alcatraz you can stroll around Union Square and Chinatown. (Take BART, get off Powell)

As for museums you might like the Asian Art Museum. (Take BART, get off Civic Center)

17. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Walk around North Beach for the old Italian restaurants and bars.

18. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I don't think they have too many guys playing in Europe, though (Nakata, a couple others), so it should be pretty close to a full team.

19. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Re: Japan Match -- where in "San Francisco"

I'm having a laugh at this one. :)

20. dfreshsf

dfreshsf New Member

Dec 6, 2003
    San Francisco
    Go to Ocean Beach if you're looking for something to do. This could easily be one of our best weeks of the year for sunshine. See you all in 137!

d fresh

21. dfreshsf

dfreshsf New Member

Dec 6, 2003
    San Francisco
    Nice call on the Asian Art Museum. I worked on the project for 4 1/2 years so am slightly biased but it's well worth the admission price. Saturday should be a great day to hang out in Golden Gate Park and take in some sun. There will surely be a few pick-up games going on as well.

22. mpetrik

mpetrik Member

May 17, 2004
    East Bay
    Gung Hay Fat Choy -- the Parade starts around 5 or 6pm on Saturday...while not as colorful for our visitors as Halloween in the Castro, it is still worth your time.

23. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anybody have extras in sec 137 (Sam's Army)? I need two of them.

24. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Yeah Pvan, with this weather, don't miss GG Park: Hippie Hill, maybe Conservatory of Flowers or DeYoung musuem, Arboretum, grab a beer at the Little Shamrock, 9th and Lincoln.

Have breakfast on the sidewalk around Union St or Chestnut Street if you want to check out the honeys. Conversation not recommended.

Great views: Buena Visit Park, right off Haight Street. Legion of Honor in the Richmond. Sutro Heights Park.

An awesome day: Catch a bus to gorgeous Baker Beach, maybe see some nudies. Walk up through SeaCliff to Land's End, walk the seaside trail to Cliff House. Have a beer or lunch at their new cafe or down the hill at Park Chalet.

25. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOTE: The Park (listed below) is closed. It's gotten new ownership and is currently closed for renovation.