News: US vs Italy November 27th Toyota Park Bridgeview, Il, IL

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by BHBH1, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now the forecast is (high usually about 2pm)

Fri 39
    Sat 43
    Sun 47

So I am hoping for mid 40s at least.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USIL0134

2. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Beer warms you to the soul.

3. sfixx

sfixx Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Lorain County, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are driving up from my inlaws in South Bend for the game. Can I save the $15 Ticketmaster fees buy purchasing tickets at the stadium?

Thanks!

4. rokagrl13

rokagrl13 Member

Aug 14, 2007
    STL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm almost 100% sure that if you get tix in the supporters section you only pay the $10 flat.

5. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylD0q3Zb-8E&feature=sub"]YouTube - Nov. 20, 2010: WNT 1, ITA 0 Highlights[/ame]

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Does anyone who's in Chicago or are going to the match Saturday have, or can make, some PVC flag polls for use that day? I have the eight 3x5 historical flags w/grommets, that I've been taking to men's games, that I'd like on flagpoles as smuggled into Columbus for US/Mex last year. :) PVC will be allowed on Sat.

If you can help me out, please send me a PM.

7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes. I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets. I got my ticket last week by stopping at Toyota Park. Yes, you do save by not having to pay Ticketmaster fees.

Also, from what I heard is that USSF for now is only planning on opening the East side of the stadium (Harlem Ave. side) and the North side. In other words, the side you folks see that the CRS fans sit in during games. The west side is not in the plans for now.
    I'm sure that may change of more tickets are sold then can hold on the East and North.

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is not a very good sign, I was hoping for over 10K people to show up. :(

9. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Goff tweeted yesterday that there is over 6K.

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    as you know, TP holds over 22,000 people. When the Red Stars drew over 8,000 against LA Sol last year, the east side had people and the north side had people and there was still room for more.

Like I said that's what I heard but I don't know if its true or the actual plans.
    However, when I've gone to Ticketmaster's site evey ticket availability that has popped is on the east or north side no matter what price.

11. BHBH1

BHBH1 New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Tailgate of 3 supporters groups organized by Fire,Red Stars and American Outlaws all US fans are welcome begins 11 AM East Gate....If you are bringing banners must enter stadium at 11:30. If not we will be marching in around 12:15 to 12:30. Don't forget to pick up your actual tickets if they are at will call before trying to enter.
    Should be very windy and cold 20 to 25 MPH winds and about 10 degrees colder than the usual high of 43...please dress warmly...layers people...
    The tailgate should be a buffet with hot chocolate and alcohol over 21...donations encouraged...15 bucks to park...hope this helps answer the people who had some questions...

12. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    I vote for the later march time. More beer time please ;)

13. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Outlaws on FB just said 10am for the lots to open.

14. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we bought our tickets through the Section8Chicago website, do we pick up our tickets at will call or at the tailgate?

15. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    correct, according to Toyota Park website the parking lot opens 3 hours before game start (10a.m for 1:00pm start) and doors open 90mins. before game start (11:30 for 1:00 start time)

Parking is $15

16. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going with my 4 year old niece along with a couple buddies of mine and their kids. Anyone know whether there's any place within the grounds to take refuge from the elements? I've been to Toyota Park a few times, but have never had any need to look for shelter from the wind and cold.

Thanks.

17. AlwaysAthletica

May 28, 2010
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I can't sleep, laying here in my bedford park hotel room...don't know if I'm too excited or if the room is too warm! Lazy to get up & adjust heat while others sleep. Wanted to read this page before game anyway. Pardon my lack of punctuatuin & spelling...hard to type on my little keyboard.

Just want to say we drove up from st. Louis & wild horses would not have kept me from this game: this is NOT a friendly like others I have seen...it really means something & since the game is so close, I have to support my team!!!

We got tickets after on sale to gen public, had contemplated purchase during ussoccer presale. Waited because pals weren,t sure if they could go or not, but now we are all here. I think our section 127 seats will be great! My 3rd time to toyota pk.

Got to plan out the face paint & hope it will help keep us warmer! Don't forget the little heat paks for your gloves (& possibly shoes!).

Wish Lori C was in uniform!nn ReALLY miss her!

GO USA!!!

18. AlwaysAthletica

May 28, 2010
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They must have opened both sides...we are sec 127 & know people in 107.

BTW.. after olympics, friendly in st louis v mexico had 7500 tickets, yes probably 1500 were mexico supporters, but not too bad when u think of wPS attendance. And riding high of gold medal...

19. BHBH1

BHBH1 New Member

Dec 5, 2009
  20. lisab

lisab Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Orlando
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sending warm wishes to you folks heading out to the game, thanks for braving the elements to cheer on the girls. Go USA!

21. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The sun is very bright outside. Not a cloud in the sky.
    However... It is cold.

And here's the kicker. Tomorrow's temperature is supposed to get up to 50 degrees.

Anyway, off to Toyota Park.

22. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there going to be a stream somewhere?

23. owain

owain Member

Jul 29, 2007
    supposed to be on ESPN3, but it isn't listed.

24. owain

owain Member

Jul 29, 2007
    oh there it goes. It just popped up for me.

25. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had the same problem too. I just closed my internet explorer and reopened it.