US teams in the CCL 2009

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by DANNO49, Nov 26, 2008.

1. DANNO49

DANNO49 Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Hawthorne CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just went to the CONCACAF website. They list the teams as the Crew,DC United,Dynomo and the Red Bulls. Crew and Houston get automatic berths in the round of 16. United and the Red Bulls have to qulify.
    We will know two of the Mexican sides by the end of the year, The to apetura finalists.:)

2. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    DC United will get trashed again by Mexican teams like its been for the last decade.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  3. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably, doesn't look like they're getting their act together. Who knows though, maybe year two of this team can bring some chemistry to the club. A lot less injuries would help as well..

4. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They'll probably need to get by a Central American or Caribbean team in the Preliminary Round first! :rolleyes:

5. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    that 2

6. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    NYRB, love 'em as I do, don't have the depth to compete in two tournaments, let alone three.

DCU are lacking that cohesive element that made them a decent side a few years ago.

Dynamo has proven to be competitive internationally so I expect that trend to continue.

The Crew has a pretty good team and are balanced on all lines. Not convinced about their depth TBH. NYRB put three past them not too long ago when the Crew sent out a team that consisted of some starters and some reserves.

I think, like this year, only the Dynamo will give the Mexican teams a real challenge for the title.

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^Didnt DC Beat Toluca to win the Concacaf CCC in 1998 to Toluca? :p

8. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    They did.

But that was before the current home-away format. ;)