US Soccer head coaching change

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by chazsoccer, Jul 28, 2011.

1. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just in case you have not heard yet: US Soccer announced today that they have released Bob Bradley as head coach for the US Mens National Team.
    http://www.concacaf.com/page/AssociationNewsDetail/0,,12813~2404484,00.html
    No replacement has been named yet. Another announcement expected tomorrow.

Mandatory FCD Related Content:

Will this impact who will get called into camp from FCD? I think the answer will be yes. But a lot will depend on who is named as the new coach.

2. vichuck

vichuck Member

Jul 25, 2008
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will for sure impact call ups. By definition a new coach is expected to make changes. If I were an over 30 regular on the USMNT, I'd savor any caps in the upcoming friendlies cause chances are they'll be their last. Shea will without a doubt be given a long look during the upcoming cycle and if I were a betting man, I'd put very good money on him making the trip to Brazil (assuming we qualify, of course). You'd have to think Lloyd might get a call into camp at least. John....maybe, but he'll probably end up playing for Greece.

3. chazsoccer

chazsoccer Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Republic of Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The two candidates rumored as replacements:

Klinsman - per Ives
    Article by Canales on why Klinsmann
    So, does that mean he would have the control he wanted over the youth nats as well?

Marcello Lippi - per Andres Cantor
    Article from early July, in Italian, where LIPPI says he is ready to go back into coaching, but not in Italy or to lead Italy's national team again - he wants an international job.

per the July 1, 2011 TV broadcast
    The sabbatical is over.

Marcello Lippi is tired of doing nothing, and has already planned his return. The former coach of the Azzurri, World Champion in 2006, announced that he would make his return on a bench. Everything is already planned. The question is where.

"I return to the bench. But it will fall, and abroad. I will not stay another winter without doing anything. But I do not want to lead in Italy, I want a foreign experience, be it a club or national team, " he said in the television Noi TV.

4. vichuck

vichuck Member

Jul 25, 2008
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Grant Wahl's furious tweeting, all indications point towards Klinsmann.

5. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I really just hope they bring in someone outside of the Arena food chain. It's time to have a new set of ideas, someone who doesn't have preconceived favorites or pet players from their club ties. I am not necessarily saying it needs to be foreign but someone who breaks the org out of the rut it has been in. I don't wanna hear Kreis or Schmid either, neither of those guys strike me as National team caliber coaches.

I think a new coach opens up a lot of new chances for players in and out of MLS. Someone may like a George John more than Ream. Or we could see Jose Torres brought back into the fold, and get rid of the ridiculous call up of Sascha Kljestian. ETC
    ETC. If nothing else, it should end the nepotism arguments that seem to infiltrate any national team conversation anymore.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    this

7. iceberg602

iceberg602 Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Backe excluded, I would expect EVERY coach to be capable of recognizing George John>Ream. Heres hoping the new coach has some foresight to start developing other tall/smart/quick/technical CM's to play CB.

Cameron seems like an excellent prospect in that regard..basically we need players who were TOO GOOD to play D back in their youth/college level playing in the central defense for us!

In the meantime I feel pairing John with either Goodson or Gonzalez will be an immediate upgrade from what he had last GC. Doing this would allow the coach some confidence as he figures out whom and how he plays up field.

8. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Good!

Now I will never again have to see Bornstein embarrass this country.

9. JPB4

JPB4 Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Klinsman would be great. He would be all over Brek Shea... I think the USMNT talent pool has the players to play a poor mans version of Germany under Jurgen, which was fantastic.

10. UncleHulka

UncleHulka Member

Jan 14, 2005
    I'm done with Ream and I hope the next manager is too. After closely watching him in the allstar debacle, I saw him get owned by Berbatov on every single corner. Ream is SOFT! While his awful positioning and awareness might improve with experience, it's doubtful that his balls will grow any larger. I found it fitting that Backe played Beckham out of position, too. He just wants passers everywhere on the pitch regardless of defensive skill, as if he is playing a video game.

11. gamekid2k

gamekid2k Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmm DF10 is out now another 2 or 3 might get called up for MNT in future. Should I apply for FCD? My resume is impressive. I have no bad stats or flaw in my career. Since I played 0 prof soccer, I could be the dark horse.

12. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    wtf?

13. iceberg602

iceberg602 Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I think he means we need more players

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When this guy says "WTF" to you, you know it's bad...

15. jwedding

jwedding Member

Jul 21, 2003
    McKinney
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ching's overrated, we get that, but to tweet, "Some days just put a smile on your face," mere hours after Bob is fired? I find that sense of vindictive worthwhile and a level of hate that I can admire.

Anyway, good luck, JK....oooh just noticed that...JK....they won't even have to remonogram the sweats when Kreis takes over in four years. :|

ConspiracyTheory.doc is being uploaded to my Google account now.

16. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Embroidery-based conspiracy theories...

I find your ideas interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.