US-Panama Pre/During/Post [R]

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by thegoofy1, Nov 1, 2002.

1. judymd

judymd New Member

i think they are playing a little game this half where every player has to touch the ball before they can take a shot.

uh oh millie hurt. maybe only five goals for her tonight.

2. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milbrett appears to have hurt her left knee, she landed ackwardly after trying to head-pass a ball...

She has been taken off the field.

She hadn't been making any runs in the second half, maybe was embarrassed about having scored so many times so early. It was like she was trying to avoid having a chance to get any more goals.

3. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    I think he/she meant in the second half.

Note: Foudy now with the armband.

And this is why you don't become a coach. Milbrett down and holding her knee in the 56th minute...carted off the pitch. Time to start the "why was she still on the pitch" second guessing.

4. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    58th minute

Long high pass by Foudy into middle of box, but keeper gets to it on a bounce just before the US forwards get there...

I think that with Aly out of the game, and TR taking her place, that makes a great difference in the offensive flow of play.

5. mingyung

mingyung Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Well, the US might have to play a woman down now—only 3 subs allowed?

6. foudy724

foudy724 New Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Hartford, Connecticut
    Wow Millie was awesome tonight. She still has a lot of soccer in her, and I think this offensive explosion tonight shows that she has a real chance to surpass Mia on the all time goals list

7. mingyung

mingyung Member

Jun 7, 1999
    Wambach goal ruled offsides—doesn't count.

8. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Offsides call nullifies goal by Abby - Mac made a back heel pass after Julie passed to her...

Mac had made a week shot that dribbled to the right of the goal - Hucles kept it in play, curled a pass back to the top of the box to Foudy...

9. Mikeyratt

Mikeyratt Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Richmond, Va
    Will somebody please tell this idiot on FSW that we can't make a sub for Millie? I'm tired of hearing how we "haven't subbed for Millbritt yet" We haven't subbed for her BECAUSE WE CAN'T YOU DUNCE! We used our 3 subs by the start of the 2nd half.

10. JenM9

JenM9 Member

Oct 11, 2002
    MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Millie now has like 93 goals. That means she's ahead of Lil now right?

11. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Did the announecers mention Milbrett's injury? (I was listening with the sound off).

Btw, the Panamanian keeper is giving me Royal Tenenbaum flashbacks with her headband.

[​IMG]

12. PoetSong

PoetSong New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Yeah.. Lil has 89..or..err..88

13. soccersarah

soccersarah Member

Oct 23, 2002
    What is going on? Matchtracker won't work. have they scored a goal this half?

14. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    67th minute

Mac great through pass to Abby, who tries to nutmeg the keeper - who blocks it..

Formation right now appears to be:

Abby - Mac
    Hucles - TR
    Foudy
    Jenny - Lorrie - Sobs - Cat
    Beene

15. judymd

judymd New Member

no goals yet this half - and the way they are playing, its not likely they will.

16. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    Still 8-0, 70th minute.

US with a corner.

17. PoetSong

PoetSong New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Massachusetts
    88 goals for Lil- (I) confirmed this one.

18. soccersarah

soccersarah Member

Oct 23, 2002
    How do you play so well in the first and not in the second half? Is Panama bunkering on defense now?

19. mingyung

mingyung Member

Jun 7, 1999
    70'
    Mac corner, Hucles floats one wide.

20. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    71st minute

2 corners by Mac

1st is on ground to corner of box for Foudy, who hits it at the top right corner, where keeper deflects it

2nd is high to far corner of the box, where Hucles tees it up and hits it wide of the top right corner

21. PoetSong

PoetSong New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Random note of interest...roughly 11 matches for Millie to play in til she joins the 200 club (that is, after she plays in the semis and finals of the Gold Cup). This no may be off by a match or two, as the USSF site isn't up to date with its stats.

22. judymd

judymd New Member

i don't know that the us was really playing so well first half - more like panama was playing so bad. their goalkeeper made so many mistakes and she has done a little better this half. but the us also controlled the ball much more first half - i think they just aren't trying very hard anymore.

23. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really a bunker - just now I counted 3 up front on a ball that got to the offensive 3rd and others trailing behind by 10-15 yards... And I really do think that having Aly in that offensive mid made a great difference (and Abby is gassed out now.)

24. foudy724

foudy724 New Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Hartford, Connecticut
    Any updates on Millie's condition, is she expected to return?

25. judymd

judymd New Member

also, first half we played fast, a couple of quick passes up to millie. now, we keep knocking the ball around the midfield, and then a panama player steps in to our very slow predictable passes.