US Official Roster

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by DCFAN96, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Raider Red

Raider Red Member

Jul 30, 2002
    Dallas
    Then Brazil isn't taking this tournament seriously either, since Kaka and Ronaldinho aren't playing. Maybe Costa Rica can take their place.

Seriously, the US hasn't played in the Copa since '95, yet we have a standing invitation. Doesn't matter who plays for us, the fans and organizers want to see the Hated Yanquis. And if we lose with a weakened squad, it won't matter to them. They would rather beat a US B team, than any other non-South American team. Period.

2. Jay510

Jay510 Member+

Apr 21, 2002
    Gadsden Purchase, AZ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree with this point. Im sure the fans dont like the idea of the USA demeaning the COPA with a B/C squad, but if the federation has a plan to build some of our players with this , then so be it. the organizers dont care what team the USA brings....the USA puts butts in the seats cause everyone wants to beat on them. Thats why, the USA will always be invited and why the USA always should go, no matter who they send.

3. Kawal_Huja98

Kawal_Huja98 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Chicago

A voice of reason. Thank you.

4. Kawal_Huja98

Kawal_Huja98 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Chicago

Like who? And who would they send? Please answer.......

5. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As is the copa is doing any better. At least at the confed your seeing full potential world cup squads. Until Copa america can somehow get all their teams to bring their best teams possible. It wont be the copa America of old.

6. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Get your facts straight.

Brazil (and the US) is the only one with an under strenght squad. Everyone else is pretty much full-force.

Confeds Cup is a joke mickey mouse tournament to make fat Blatter some $$$$ :rolleyes:

7. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Any particular reason?

and just to throw in my two cents, wouldn't it have made sence to do it 2 years after WC, instead of the year right after it?

8. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I'm thinking the big reason is to make it a lot more exciting and make the anticipation itself a lot more exciting. Also the football schedule is already cramped up, so every 4 years would be less stressful than 2 years.

9. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland

the top teams in the world can do this because there so called B or C team is still better than just about everyones A team, the only reason the usa is bringing the players there bringing is because none of the stars are available or their fatigued from the gold cup.

if the benefits of playing there are enormous than are best players should be going there so they can get the experience and be even better as players.

You can be as deep as you want to be but its really about the 11 starters that matter.

10. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    Kaka and ronaldino may not of been avaliable too. just how most of the usa stars werent

11. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our 11 best now won't be our 11 best in 3, 4, 5 years no matter how much experience they get now. What, we should only play our reserves/non-starters in friendlies? By your logic no team would ever be able to develop the starters of the future. Anyone who has played in a league or competition knows that it's about FAR more than just the 11 starters. Especially, when the team is going to be in existed for an extended period of time.

12. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    no, the youngsters play when they deserve it(when they prove it with their clubs.

ok but atleast donovan,dempsey,feilhaber,clark,bradley,gooch,spector,conrad,howard,beasley, will be on the roster in 3,4,5 years. with your logic we wont ever win any tournament if we only use young players(who dont deserve it yet), when they could be getting better for the future with their clubs intill they deserve a call up.

13. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to read your post. I really did. But the lack of punctuation, capitalization, hell, even spacing made my brain turn to mush.

I'm not a grammar Nazi. I really don't care if people do run-on sentences, misspell a word here or there, make small mistakes. I do the same thing sometimes. But seriously, you make my brain hurt.

Ok, I think I've got it now. It seems like it's just a difference of opinion. I didn't say that we should bring young, inexperienced players to EVERY tournament. That's not my "logic." However, you seem to feel that we should bring our best 11 to every tournament. I disagree. The future would suffer. You seem to feel that players should get the majority of their experience with their club sides and by doing so they "earn" their call-up. That's fine, I think that every player that has been called up has earned it in some way. To me, and obviously, BB and the powers that be, CA is not the most important tournament we compete in. So, it is fertile ground to train our future players. Plus, as has been mentioned over and over again, by myself and others, there are many factors that went into the selection of players, including club commitments.

14. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Repped.

15. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    that's why there are youth tournaments all over the place, all the time. :confused:

16. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    thank you!!! you get it!!

17. HINCHADERIVER91

HINCHADERIVER91 New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    the americans are gonna get owned no matter what players they use.

18. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland

well there is youth tournaments, the younger players davies could be getting experince there. i just dont see how the future would suffer when they have club ball and youth tournaments for them. i also feel that we should be trying to win every tournament were in, important or not. why throw a trophy away?? sorry about the grammer etc, ive never really been good at english, math is more my subject.

19. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how Ray Hudson referred to them as "underpuppies" because they were too young to be underdogs.
    :D

20. Burn Fan

Burn Fan New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DFW
    So very, very well put....

21. Burn Fan

Burn Fan New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DFW
    Ahhhh. The Peruano who knows all.Last time PERU did anything??????nineteen seventy what????

22. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Wow, that was random, eh?

I see you can't back it up. I'll wait for a decent response, or maybe not.

23. Burn Fan

Burn Fan New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    DFW
    Back up what?? That you dont really know what your talking about??

24. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    *still waiting for an actual counter argument to my post. Guess not*

. . .

25. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    he knows exactly what he's talking about, one of few who actually do.