US MNT Vs. El Salvador, video request thread {R potential}

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by geoCAD, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USA @ El Salvador torrent is up for those who want it. I had problems getting my PC to seed, so I think everything is fine now. Just had to reinstall my client.

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Get yer USA @ El Sal ....

http://torrents.huntparkinsider.com/

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    19 peers now. Getting some amazing speeds. Get it while it's fast!

4. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    Thanks to all...very much...:)

I'll be looking forward to the Panama game as well... I (apparently) set the wrong time on the DVR, and it started recording at about the 30th minute...:rolleyes:

5. eneste

eneste Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
  6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
  7. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VCD (or SVCD) of a sporting event compressed enough to fit on one CD would suck donkey ass. DiVX is much better at compressing and retaining quality than MPEG1.

That said, there are some nifty tricks with KVCD and KSVCD (and even KDVD, I've heard) that get you very good compression. Could definitely get a complete game in a KVCD format, and it should play fine on DVD players capable of playing VCDs. It takes some processing juice, tho. If any of our regular suppliers are interested in giving KVCD a test, I can provide some info.

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Or maybe if it is easier, considering breaking up the games into 2 files. 1st half and 2nd half. And then maybe increase the quality of each file?

Just a thought.

9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

I'm getting 0kb dl on the Panama @ USA match after getting 70 kb for 20 minutes...

10. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You just caught up to everyone else. Right now, all those leeches are grabbing data from one source (the seed). It's going to be slow.

In more detail, the seed is sending out different chunks to different clients as fast as it can. Those clients are, in turn, sending those chunks on to other clients. Since there is only one seed, and you have virtually all the chunks already out there, your speed will throttle back on the virtue that there is nothing out there for you to download right now.

If you were to join the US @ El Salvador torrent right now, you'd get *blazing* speed. If you hypothetically had 0% of the Panama @ US game, if you joined the torrent you'd get very good speed until you caught up with the other leeches. (This is why it's important for seeds to stay connected as long as possible. I suggest continuing to seed the file until you upload AT LEAST as much as you've downloaded.)

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Thanx for the explanation. I always leave the seeding on at http://torrents.huntparkinsider.com/

In fact I am trying to seed the USA WC 2002 hilight video but it is not appearing on the tracker. I made the torrent (I think) and gave it the proper announce URL.

any ideas?

12. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Small request guys. I'm getting terrible download speed (2.1kb) for the 2nd Grenada match...much appreciated to the seed who's on right now, but perhaps somebody else who has the completed file can seed also? Once I get this file, I could start working on other past US matches to encode. Thanks guys.

13. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to give me a copy of the torrent file to put on the server. The web interface only shows "approved" torrents which already exist as files on the server. I can upload them myself, and a few other regular contributers have web access to upload.

Once the file is on the server, if at least one seed or leach is connected, that file will show up in the list of available files on the web interface. If there are ZERO seeds and ZERO leeches, then the file won't appear (assumed "dead").

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Should be 2 seeds up now......... do you notice a difference?

USA vs Mexico 2001 WCQ in Colombus?? :)

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Could I AIM you the file? It's only 25 mb.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    So did you get the game you wanted?

17. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, just send me the torrent (should only be a few K). I can put it on the server, and then you can seed it and everyone can get the file. You can email me at [ brian at guilfoos dot com ]

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

sent...

19. Kronos

Kronos Member

Sep 11, 2002
    California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NYR Metros,

Please seed the USA-Grenada second leg again. Two of us are stuck at 99%!!

THanks in advance...(if anyone else has the complete file and could seed...)

20. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I have it... and done...:)

21. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, it's up. Just fire up your client, and it'll show up in the download list on the website. I'm connected right now to that torrent, but my wife is going to log me out so she can do homework, and my client will be shut down. Anybody else who wants to get on the gravy train while we wait for the seed better hustle, or you may have to wait until whenever the seed reappears to join the torrent.

22. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    ok I fired it up, but it's not showin up on the tracker...... maybe I did somethign wrong in setting up the torent?