US Men in Cleveland

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Brook, Jan 27, 2006.

1. ru4mts

ru4mts New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Cleveland
    I'll call Justing at the PIG to ask about u21s... I'm sure they will be okay for the pre-game, but they will have a band after the game, and it gets packed Friday and Saturday night (they card when the bands play).

2. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After that dismal performance against Morocco last night, anyone else think that anything other than the utter destruction of Venezuela will appease the masses?

3. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX

I just want to see them play with a little more passion than last night. If they do that I think they will win. I don't need to see a blow-out, just a solid performance to prove they are mentally prepared. Keep in mind that BA will try to get everyone PT before the Cup so you may see some odd lineups that may hinder the blow-out attempt. I think he is more concerned with how they play than the result for these three games. And if last night is any judge, they need to look a lot better.

4. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't even think that will. I will just be happy with a solid preformance and a W

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill be happy if we have decent chances on goal and our forwards do something in the game . BMB had a terrible game yesterday .

6. Schwah

Schwah Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Amherst, MA
    I am unexpectedly going to be in the Cleveland area on Friday, and am thinking about taking my friend's young son to the game. I won't know whether it's a go until day of.

Will I be able to buy tickets that evening at the stadium? If so, how early would I need to get there to ensure finding the ticket office? Is there typically a long line to get tickets to U.S. Men's team matches? Is there any chance that it will sell out?

Thanks in advance.

7. Mimir19

Mimir19 Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Buffalo, NY
    I bought tix at the last minute through US Soccer for the Sam's Army section.. Haven't recieved the tix.. What should I do?

8. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't get them in time, just go to the Blind Pig before the game and maybe someone will have an extra set of tickets. If not, you can probably buy them at the stadium.

9. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, don't feel bad. I ordered mine back in March and never got them. I guess the pony express that rides up here went on strike when Barbaro broke his leg or something. But after talking to the folks at US Soccer, mine will supposedly (I say this very wearily) be at will call to be picked up and hour and a half before the game. Give Joanna a call at US Soccer @ 312-528-1262. Just be sure to have your confirmation number on hand and she should be able to help you out.

HHM

10. goaliemanpat

goaliemanpat Member

May 14, 2005
    Holly, MI
    Ive had two people drop out of the group Im comming down with so Ill have two extra Sams Army tickets. If one of oyu guys who are having trouble with your tickets want them send me a PM and we will work it out.

11. ChiCleveSoccer

ChiCleveSoccer New Member

Apr 25, 2006
    ChicagoviaCleveland
    I will also be in Cleveland for the weekend....and hope to make it to the match tomorrow. Interesting to see what Browns Stadium will look like for soccer.

Anyway, I have a feeling there are plenty of seats available....even with the upper decks closed the place should seat around 40K. I hope it is pretty full...no Indians game, Cavaliers game, Browns practice, Crew game etc. to compete. The weather will also play a big factor in walk-up attendance.

Enjoy your time in Cleveland.

Go USA!

12. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Up in Cleveland from Dallas...took the day off today.
    Do you think the team is training down at Brown's Stadium today?
    I would love to watch, even from a distance.

13. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don't you call the stadium and ask?

14. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Nothing is open to the public here in terms of training in Cleveland.

15. goaliemanpat

goaliemanpat Member

May 14, 2005
    Holly, MI
    Me and my friend were thinking about hitting the R&R HOF saturday morning. We would be limited to a couple hours time wise. Would it still be worth the admission if we could only be there for 4-5 hrs?

16. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There should be PLENTY of tickets available at the gate.

17. Schwah

Schwah Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Amherst, MA
    Many thanks Drew.

18. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean, I think, that the US has nothing "open" in Cleveland. Venezuela had a workout at Lost Nations Park (best venue name in America, IMO) on Tuesday. Supposedly drew a decent crowd.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Arena intended this mini "tour" at least in part as a dry run: travel, play, travel, play, like it will be in Germany, with only limited time in between at their home base.

And since every team gets a closed door runout at their respective venues the day before a WC match, I would guess that's exactly the format Bruce is shooting for here. My guess (I can't find a schedule) is that they had a light workout this morning at Browns Stadium that Arena kept closed to simulate the WC pre-match atmosphere as much as possible.

19. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the wait in line will be very much dependent on how many ticket windows they open. My guess will be "plenty" as the management badly wants this to go very smoothly.

20. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    Can anyone tell me if...

section 135, row 2

...is actually the second row up from the field?

Thanks!

21. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    The Blind Pig has nothing on their website about Sam's Army, or pre-game gathering or soccer at all.
    I don't doubt everyone will meet there (I will be there), but is it too hard to stick it on the website?
    "Charlie in the Box" is playing at 10pm...we get that info, nice.

http://www.theblindpig.com/

22. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

based on this image, I'd say yes

23. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    Thanks! Rep!

I looked at 3 or 4 maps of the stadium, but someone else said they paid more for tickets than ours and that their seats were on the next level up.

Oh well.

Hopefully the US bench will be right in front of us...one of the guys going with me has some kinds words to say to Bobby...

24. Locust

Locust New Member

Apr 20, 2006
    VA
    any indications on attendance level? what's the latest best guess? Above 30k would be good, and anything below 25k is unacceptable.

25. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    you guys know which section sams army will be in tomorrow? I'm debating making the drive tomorrow, and I want to see if I can get close to where the action will be?