US/Ghana - Natal - 6/16/14

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Natal was my first ever US WC game. Will never forget it. I arrived back in SP at 5AM on Tuesday AM and it felt too surreal to be true. The only proof was that I could no longer speak having screamed myself hoarse.

That did happen. And we were there!

Next stop - Rumble in the Jungle.

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit got real

3. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    After the game, a lady in section 121 got hit in the face by a hard plastic bottle thrown from the upper deck. I can't imagine a Yank threw it, but only saw USA gear on the people in that area. please look out for your fellow Yanks & all fans, and do not allow tossers!

4. laejandro

laejandro New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Going to Rua De salsa tonight in Ponta Negra if anyone's interested.

Also have two cat 2 Germany/Ghana tickets if anyone's interested. Face value of course.

I leave to pdg tomorrow.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can easily imagine a yank throwing it.

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Quick review for those not there:

- it was fantastic, plain and simple. 6th world cup and exponentially better fan support than all previous combined.

Gameday preparty: Perfect location, weather, layout, everything. Beer lines were easy, food accessible, top notch crowd and the costumes are officially at the next level. Rambo was so freakin funny. Non stop singling for 5 hours, jimmy conrad joined the show.

March: Lord have mercy, we dominated that street. Everyone was on their balcony taking pictures and waving. Huge long march line. The best was the ghana march went right through us, and it was so much fun. Great spirits, lots of hugging and dancing with the ghananians..

Game: So happy FIFA put us all together for the most part. We easily had half the stadium. Cat 1,2,3 were all adjacent to each other. Hopefully it played well on TV...can anyone confirm? We were loud, organized, and super passionate. The michael jackson song postgame was hilarious, everyone dancing in the aisles.

The game was so nervewracking, we didnt play great but what a bookend, 1st minute and almost 90' minute. Was super stressful in between.

bkn0528, mbar, William Reynolds and 3 others repped this.
  7. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there and I concur with everything @wixson7 said...a day I will never forget!

azevedof repped this.