US Friendly .::Nashville, TN::. 5-23-06

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by csctn, Feb 23, 2006.

1. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Truthfully, these aren't bad numbers for a Tuesday night match featuring non-marquee competition. I know people think the stadium should be packed because it's on the doorstep of the World Cup, but these type of matches simply don't draw well. Similar games in much more "established soccer cities" have drawn less on weekends, so I wouldn't worry about it. Hopefully the experience will be a good one for the team though and they'll come back to Nashville.

3. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd call and ask at Dan McGuinness Irish Pub 615-252-1991. Not sure if they have Direct Kick, but its your best bet. If they don't ask if they know anywhere that might.

I'd be shocked if Sam's had it.

4. nashvillemb

nashvillemb New Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Nashville, Tn
    I know this is on the wrong thread, but it does relate to this...if this game has a decent turn out, are there any chances of Nashville being considered for an MLS expansion team?

5. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, no F-in way. No stadium. In process of building AAA baseball stadium over the next year. Can't support the Predators.

Would be nice if Nashville became a regular stop for the USMNT for qualifying matches. The 60-40 attendence split for the Guatamala qualifier in Birmingham probably hurt their chances for future games.

Not sure why St. Louis can't get a team?

6. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it was the installation of artificial turf at Legion Field that killed Birmingham's chances for more games.

They were originally slated to get one of these send off matches but Birmingham City Council wouldn't approved delaying the artificial surface installation by six weeks to accomodate one of these games. My guess is Nashville probably wouldn't have this game if B'ham still had grass. That's not a swipe at Nashville by any means, but I doubt they would've put two games in cities only 200 miles apart in such a short timespan.

What happened at the Guatemala game would've happened anywhere probably. A lot of US fans can't be bothered to drive 30 minutes to a game, but the Guatemalans came from all over. That's been the story of US Soccer, especially with Latin American teams.

7. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt. I was at the game and the was very impressed with the Guatemala fans. However, I'd like to think Nashville would have put a few more USA fans in the stadium.

FYI, they only had 2 stands selling beer from what I remember which was ridiculous. Then again, I don't know if the Coliseum will sell any beer??

8. negativetouch

negativetouch Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    :eek:

9. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Is there a good location in Cleveland to watch the Nashville game on 5-23?

10. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but http://www.acmcountry.com/content/index.php US Soccer has done it again.

The nats are competing against the ACM awards in a city where thousands of people work in the country music industry and everyone else seems to wish they did.

11. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Now if you were to drive to Cleveland from Texas, Nashville would have been on the way.

12. salange

salange Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Atlanta
    I'm looking for two tickets in the supporters section if anyone has extras they want to sell. If I don't hear from anyone, I'll ask around the tailgate or buy regular tickets and try to work my way over, but if you've got extras perhaps we can help each other out. PM me. Thanks!

13. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think working your way over will be a problem

14. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those coming to the tailgate in Lot A. Look for USA flag 12 feet above my Honda Pilot. I got a verbal commitment on at least one grill from Ben in Nashville (Thanks man).

I'll be set up no later than 3:00 central. Come on by. Tell me your Big Soccer username and I'll give you a Yazoo (local brew) while they last.

BTW, its raining today, but should clear out tonight with gameday looking partly cloudy with a high of 80 degrees.

33 hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And they ran out of beer quick!
    I am assuming we can get some beer in there.

And what about tickets? My group and I are going to walk up game day. I think we'll be fine don't you?

16. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    we are leaving late afternoon/early evening today depending on when Nico can get to my house. not sure what time we will get to the lot tomorrow.

17. mmedina

mmedina Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Nashville
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Does anyone know if the US will have any public practices in Nashville? I would really like to go take paictures and get some autographs. Does anyone know where they are staying? See everyon at the game tomorrow

18. TigersFIMA

TigersFIMA Member

Aug 27, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just went over to the Coliseum. Met a suit leaving the stadium and he told me Morocco had just finished training. He said he thought the US would be by later and told me to check with the receptionist inside. She wasn't very forthcoming (not surprising as she seemed pretty busy) and only said that there were no open sessions/events today.

19. mkissel3

mkissel3 New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    I am heading to the game. What is the offical pub for the USA supporters?

20. Iplayedforchelsea

Iplayedforchelsea New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Athens, GA USA
    @#%&!!!!! I wish I did'nt have to go to Knoxville tomorrow before the game.

However, tomorrow is my 10th cap! Woo Hoo! And, my friend I am picking up in K-town is getting his first cap. So I think everything'll be ohh k...........

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

21. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

I'd highly recommend the Gerst Haus. You can walk to/from the stadium.

22. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Gerst (I swear the aftertaste is butterscoth) and that's a pretty good call, but I tried to get them to line up some specials and got no where. Pissed me off. It's one block from the stadium, but its all by itself. Nothing else.

Across the bridge is 2nd Avenue which has tons of places. I'd say Beer Seller.

Dan McGuiness pub is another decent option and there is always Sam's in Hillsboro Village.

Hoping some sort of consensus can be reached at the tailgate.

16 hours til my flag flies high :)

23. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My flight leaves at noon, so I'm packing (lightly) this morning. I probably won't arrive (on foot from the Holiday Inn Express on Broadway) at the stadium until 4:30 or 5:00. The tailgating beer will probably be gone by then, but I'll still try to drop by and say hello. :)

24. mickmills

mickmills New Member

May 15, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Accroding to the Nashville Metro's site, after the game Two Doors Down has 2for 1 pints if you show your ticket stub.

http://www.nashvillemetrossoccer.com/

25. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that's at 1524A Demonbreun Street, right? Probably could walk to there from Broadway.