US Friendly .::Nashville, TN::. 5-23-06

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by csctn, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Awesom-O

Awesom-O New Member

May 16, 2006
    Columbia, SC
    Ive never been to a US soccer game ever. Our country is just too damn big! The closest match to me would be the ones in Cary NC. I cant wait for the WC though! Ready to shut all the haters up.

2. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    They missed making the WC by like 14mins and one goal Tunisia was playing at home and they had the crowd on they're side. So in the end Tunisia ended going to Germany. But Morocco was close. Theyre one of the top african squads always not just sometimes.

3. Justin Cedar

Justin Cedar New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Edwardsville,IL/STL
    F'n SWEET! :D
    Good man Hirtme!

Everyone with drums try to migrate to the middle so we can be on the same page.

4. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Which is still more useful than the Commercial Appeal. ;)

5. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    I'm really happy it's so close. The closest before was in Birmingham. This'll be my 10th cap, 3rd this year. (LA, SF)

6. Fulham South

Fulham South New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    GEORGIA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2nd cap for my and one of my buddies. US-Guatamala in Birmingham was our first. After that, we decided to go to AT LEAST one game a year and after hearing the Nashville rumors a while back, decided to take this game over the Jamaica one in Cary with a depleted lineup. We're brining a third friend for his first USMNT game. I've been a US Soccer fan since watching the 1994 US-Brazil 2nd round game. After that, I was hooked. We'll be driving up the day before to Union Station and will hopefully be able to have a blast. I'll be in a longbed pickup - might have to bring the cooler and some lawn chairs to sit in the back for a few hours before the game with a cold adult beverage or two. Dont think we'll be in the SA section but will be loud and proud wherever we are. Hope to see yall there!!!

7. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sounds like a good idea. We were plannnig on leaving B'ham around noon. Any thoughts on where to meet for the caravan?

8. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're actually going up Monday night. But I'm sure we can come up with something for meeting on gameday.

9. stevedug

stevedug New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    anybody have any insight on when the MNT will arrive in nashville, where they'll be staying, and if there will be an open practice session? some of the boys on our team (and their dads, of course!) would get a real kick out of watching them train and/or meeting them informally.

10. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    About a dozen of us are going up about noon on Tuesday. Post or PM where the B'ham tailgate will be. We will bring some supplies.

11. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far?

12. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    finally ordered my tix today. section 115.

13. zanderbz

zanderbz Member

May 12, 2005
    United States
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will actually be my first senior team cap. I've made it to the U20's once. I probably could have gone to some of the qualifiers but having 2 kids in 3 years doesn't make it easy. Anyway, this is a world cup warm up for me. I some how was able to pull off flying up to nashville for this match and then scored a trip to the cup.

I'm pumped for Tuesday. Thank god for willing grandparents!

Go yanks!

14. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the only reason I'm able to make this game! :)

15. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and wives that don't like soccer :)

16. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine's coming with me. She loves going to games actually (though she doesn't care for them on TV.)

She's seen US games in the following cities:

Birmingham
    Chicago
    Houston
    Miami
    Washington DC

17. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I married a soccer chick. Heck, I met her at an obscure DII women's game. Not only has she played her entire life, but she now loves attending matches of any kind. We've even been known to go to High School and Club matches... when we didn't know anything about either team! When I'm coaching, she's right there with me helping track down tactical issues and such. She knows everything about the game and even has a team that's doing well in the MLS Fantasy League. Some of our wedding photos show the two of us playing soccer on the beach in our wedding attire. And just if you weren't completely jealous by now - she's also really beautiful! :)

Sorry... back to topic...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR NASHVILLE!! :D

18. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    That is awesome but do you ever get alone time? Surely every man needs alone time.

19. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She hates golf and football... I don't! :D

20. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure, but this article was in the City Paper today

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=7&screen=news&news_id=49902

The article admits the lack of marketing which isn't good, but I'm thinking the under/over is 21,500. Hope its much higher, but very hard to say. Good weather could add a few thousand as I've personally talked to a dozen people that are gonna make a decision last minute.

21. mickmills

mickmills New Member

May 15, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    One of my work mates got his tickets yesterday, & they told him they have sold around 20,000 tickets so far

22. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news if true. I'd have to move the over/under line to 26,000 based on that.

23. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    My wife's gotten caps in:

Columbus (2x)
    Birmingham
    Chicago
    Los Angeles

She loves being in the Sam's Army section too!

24. TigersFIMA

TigersFIMA Member

Aug 27, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if I missed the answer somewhere in the thread, but I'm curious too if anyone knows any of this information. I'm coming in over the weekend from SF and don't have too much to do except catch up with a couple of old friends and would love to watch any training sessions they might have (though I guess they could be coming in the day of the game considering how short of a flight it would be and just head straight over to the Coliseum to get acquainted with the field).

25. negativetouch

negativetouch Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not to get off topic but the Scene this week had a piece on World Cup viewing in Nashville. What are the chances that any of the bars named also have Direct Kick and would devote at least a 13'' black and white to the Crew-DC game Saturday night?