US/Argentina tickets?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Apr 3, 2008.

1. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    i was able to order my tickets from the USSF for the england match. any word on when tickets will go on sale for the US/Argentina match?

2. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

it is a couple of posts down..here is the info:

Well USSF is finally working with us again (at least for now) ... and the tickets for US/Argentina match are available in Section 101 at http://sams-army.com/. We also have tickets available for US/England at Wembley in the endzone.

Please note, if you want tickets for sure in the SA section, you'll have to buy them immediately. USSF is only giving us a few days before they open up the ticketing, and so if we can sell out the section to our supporter's, we'll have the section filled with only US fans.

Don't blame us for the prices ... that's not set by us. We are charging $7 per order (NOT per ticket), but that's so we can mail you out your tickets priority mail (2/3 day) and make sure we get a signature for safety purposes.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask me (by PM or email).

3. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    but what about through the USSF? I am going to have a large multi-national group

4. DevP

DevP New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    North Cambridge, MA
    And the rest of the tickets (non-SA) will be going up, some time soon then? I'm keeping an eye out for any mention of them.

5. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard sometime in mid April..

6. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    there is a presale for red bull members coming early next week so id imagine, the regular sale should be sometime within the next week or two

7. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_5963784.html

Ticket info just came out. Tix go onsale to the general public on April 14th at noon.

Visa cardholders have a presale starting on April 11th at noon that runs until April 14th at 10 am.

Ticket prices are:

Front Row: $295
    Mezzanine Midfield: $195
    Mezzanine Sideline/Lower Midfield: $110
    Mezzanine Primary Corner/Lower Sideline: $80
    Mezzanine Corner/Lower Corner/Upper Primary Sideline: $65
    Lower Endline/Mezzanine Endline/Upper Sideline: $50
    Upper Corner: $40
    Upper Endline: $30

[​IMG]

8. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    What the hell does Mezzanine stand for?

9. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    mezzanine are the 200's. giants stadium has 3 levels; 100 is lower, 200 mezzanine, 300 upper

10. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Are the mezzanine (200s) good seats? Are they close to the field or what?

11. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Theyre not close to the field but they're good seats. They're like where the boxes are.

12. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Not cool. I like to be able to see the player's faces and stuff. I don't have to be super close but not that far where they look like insects.

13. MD_littlekeep

MD_littlekeep Member

Mar 27, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it too late to get SA tickets???

14. Digs

Digs Member

Sep 9, 2007
    WTF? Have you ever been to a football stadium?

15. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where will most USA fans be located?

I don't want to yell horrible chants at Argentina and find out that were in one of their sections.

16. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to info I've seen, USA and Argentina will have their own groups in every section.

17. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    section 101.

18. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just bought my tickets as soon as they became available. Row 8, Sec 133, US section!

19. Digs

Digs Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Is it just the Red Bull season ticket pre-sale or is there a Us Soccer pre-sale as well? Does any one have a password they'd give out? I appreciate you like a m'f'er!

20. joehill

joehill Member

Sep 28, 2005
    brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    i posted this in the other thread:

dudes - use the presale code "U2ENTERTAIN" for the US sections, the presale is on at ticketmaster here.

i just got 2 tickets in row 2 of section 139, two sections to the side of the SA section.

21. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    If you registered with US Soccer, you would have received this email:

From the U.S. Soccer Events Department

SPECIAL PRIVATE SALE—
    U.S. MEN TO FACE NO. 1 RANKED ARGENTINA AT GIANTS STADIUM JUNE 8

SALE BEGINS TODAY (TUESDAY, APRIL 8) AT 12 P.M. ET

As a special benefit to our fans, U.S. Soccer has arranged for you to order tickets ahead of the general public for the game of the year—the U.S. Men's National Team vs. No. 1 ranked Argentina at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The match on Sunday, June 8, kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET.

Your private sale starts today (Tuesday, April 8) at 12 noon ET and ends Friday, April 11, at 10 a.m. (tickets then become available to Visa® cardholders only on April 11 at 12 noon, followed by the general public sale on April 14).

Prices are $35 Upper Endline; $45 Upper Corner; $50 Lower Endline, Mezzanine Endline, and Upper Sideline; $65 Lower Corner, Mezzanine Corner, and Upper Primary Sideline; $80 Mezzanine Primary Corner and Lower Sideline; $110 Mezzanine Sideline and Lower Midfield; $195 Mezzanine Midfield; and $295 Seating in Lower Front Two Rows (limit four per customer). This private sale is available to you only through the internet by clicking the following link (Note: Link will be activated by start of the presale):

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004082C659540F

To submit your order, include one of the following passwords (depending on which group of fans you wish to sit with) in the space designated on the Ticketmaster.com order page:

Password* Designated Seating Area**
    U2FANS U.S. Fan Sections
    D6FANS Argentina Fan Sections
    N7FANS Mixed/Neutral Fan Sections

* Password must be entered in UPPER CASE.
    ** U.S. Soccer makes no guarantees regarding the composition of fans in any seating area. U.S., Argentina and Mixed/Neutral Fan Sections have been designated at each price level. Purchasers using the passwords designated for these sections will be able to request tickets for any price level. Tickets available while supplies last.

22. MD_littlekeep

MD_littlekeep Member

Mar 27, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bought my tickets just now...
    sec 140
    row 4
    seats 7-9

23. MarkoC

MarkoC Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Jun 19, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I scored two tickets in Sec. 131, row 5. :)

24. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm assuming I can buy tickets in any section. My brother prefers the Mezzanine Sideline (compromise between price and "quality" of seat). We won't be able to make out faces but we will get a decent view of overall play. Since there usually isn't a whole lot of scoring, you have to "make do" with enjoying the "beauty" of the (attempted) buildups and player positioning. Looks like I'd get a better view of this aspect of the game in the mezzanine. A better view than I get even with HD broadcasts since they typically don't show the whole field during the run of play.

OTOH, gee, maybe I'd want to get a good closeup of the players with a lower level seat; especially since I won't get very many opportunities to watch USMNT in person.

I think I won't fight too hard to sit with Sam's Army given the folks I'd go with are not futbol fanatics. If it's anything like the Inferno (what passes for an FC Dallas fan club), they are constantly standing and shouting and chanting and singing and throwing streamers on the field behind goal). Not exactly my cup of tea though a few beers might get me in the mood.

At least with FC Dallas home games, I can pretty much sit wherever I want for virtually every game (though I suspect the LA Beckham er Galaxy game will sell well), changing seats whenever, wherever.

25. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga

If people constantly standing and shouting and chanting and singing and throwing streamers on the field behind goal bothers you, you would be wise to avoid the sections behind goal. I seriously hope you do NOT fight to sit with Sam's Army, because we don't sit.