Uruguayan football

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Unthank Yella, May 31, 2008.

1. Unthank Yella

Unthank Yella New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Norwich
    I am going to Uruguay, and would like to watch some football. I have looked on the internet, and I can't find much (in English) about any teams other than Penarol and Nacional. I think that Defensor and Danubio are the next two biggest teams, but after that which are the well supported clubs, which are the main rivalries and which would be the best games to go to for atmosphere? Having read a bit, I think I might support Defensor or Progreso when I'm there, a can anyone tell me anything about either of those teams? Thanks

ps Why do Canada and Bolivia etc have their own sections on Big Soccer but Uruguay doesn't?

2. Unthank Yella

Unthank Yella New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Norwich
    Also, does anyone know of a link to average attendences in Uruguay and otherouth American countries? I have scoured the internet but can't find anything, probably because I can only search in English. Thanks

3. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Just go to Centenario Stadium, sit on the Amsterdam side, watch Penarol play against anybody, and enjoy the experience...

Never mind the minnows, you'll get bored to tears watching them...

The Clausura ends tomorrow.
    I guess you can catch the Liguilla(Playoffs to see who qualifies for the Libertadores Cup) after that. Not sure of the dates. Or when you are going.

And THIS IS the Uruguayan forum. We allow all the others to post overhere so they can feel important.

4. Unthank Yella

Unthank Yella New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Norwich
    Cheers Guri, I take your point, but a little bit of info about the minnows would be much appreciated! As a supporter of a smaller club side in England I can't really identify with the massive clubs in any country, although I will be supporting them in the Copa Lib and Sudamerica. I won't be there until the start of next season, just doing some early research.

5. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    there arent really two next biggest teams apart from Peñarol and C.chickens de F.
    but,between the minnows,the ones with most number of followers are rampla juniors and cerro,and it is the only real rivalry apart from Peñarol-chickens
    i can't figure out why you "might support defensor or progreso",in the case of progreso only if you are an extreme anarkist,and a catalonian separatist,which is the childish ideology they spare.defensor is a small-mentality club with a playing based on counterattack and bored long balls,coloured with 4 kids and 4 old men in the stands.i still cant find one single girl in their tribunes.
    the clubs related in their origin to britain are Peñarol,Liverpool,and Montevideo Wanderers.Peñarol because it had a majority of englishmen among the founders.Liverpool because they chose the port city of england to name the club,and wanderers because they took i think wycombe wanderers name when they toured southamerica (its not for bolton as many could think :D )
    just go to the classic of the liguilla playoffs or any of the other 4 games of us.or even you maybe catch the finals of the championship before the liguilla.
    :D :)

6. Unthank Yella

Unthank Yella New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    Norwich
    OK thanks very much. What about crowds, what sort of attendences to Uruguayan teams get? Also, which clubs have the nicest / worst fans (I'd prefer to avoid violence if possible, if there is any). I really have tried to find this out on-line but can't find anything about it, so apologies for asking so many questions, I'm keen to get a feel for it before I go.

7. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Re: Selecciones URUGUAY (r)

danubio salió antepenúltimo en el clausura a 25 puntos abajo del campeón Peñarol,y 16 abajo de las gallinas.informáte gil

8. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Y vos no te acuerdas cuando Juan Arango (un Colombiano) les rompio el orto en Colombia en la eliminatoria '06?? ehh... Raro que no son los Venezolanos que estan aca hinchando las bolas , son ustedes los Colombianos pvtos!! haci ke anda hacerte kuliar por los oidos .....Siguen hablando pavadas que nadie en les escuchen!! No son ni Nunca fueron la mitad de lo que era Uruguay...

los trolos se limpian el orto despues de ke quedan rekuliados de tu papa; Ecuador hora veran...

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

entonces por qUe desaparecieron del plano internacional?

solo se escucha y se lee en la prensa internacional el nombre de DANUBIO

10. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay

que pasa colombiano lameorto de los venezolanos (la misma porquería con gobiernos antagónicos) no viste ahora los goles? 2 para vos,2 para el amargo este colombiano hincha de danubio y dos para los truchos beisbolistas súbditos del energúmeno ese

11. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002

no, es colombiano...

12. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

[​IMG]

hey look at me im colombian.....:rolleyes:

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

te vendo libra de cafe $1.49 la libra! el mejor del mundo......

que tenes vos?:eek: mate? a como cotiza la libra en NY?

ahhh y gracias por visitar www.juanvaldez.com

stop by and have one: [​IMG]

14. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

hey devilman you are not colombian you are...

[​IMG]

pense que quizas con la foto y los colores te hacia entender mas claro en caso de que no entiendas me avisas y traigo dibujitos

15. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

a eso se dedican estos Urugachos. No mas a insultar. Nunca hablan de futbol o tienen algo constructivo que decir. Da pena... Es el unico equipo que quiero ver goleado en el Campin... y con ese paquete de Abreu...ufff

16. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay

no sé si de ese plato tomás café en el piso como un perro o cagás ************ como un infante

17. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Saben donde puedo conseguir esta jersey?
    [​IMG]

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

devilman es un Argentino que siempre quiso ser uruguayo:eek:
    dejmosle tranquilo

ademas la arananegra se defiende solo o con guri?

19. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Aquí no ha pasado nada

Abreu se despide del Millo y aprovechó para negar problemas personales dentro del plantel. "Se me hizo muy difícil tomar la decisión de irme. No intercedió ninguna situación grupal en mi salida".

More...

20. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

la union entre pendejos hace la fuerza.........

ahhh y devilman mandame a la p........ que me pario pero dilo por aqui no por privado y no menciono a tu mama porque la pobre no tiene la culpa de tener a un .......... como tu

21. rceveda

rceveda New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hey dudes anyone no anything about Kevin Hernandez?

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

el tigre castillo disfruto y grito: CAMPEON

AGUANTE DEFENSOR.

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  24. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    You must realize the deplorable state of the uruguayan football league....
    when Defensor, the champion, i think even has a colombian playing for them...
    so there you go
    that should tell you something...

25. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    fix > it was wolverhampton wanderers