Unofficial Cardiff City Thread

Discussion in 'Championship Clubs' started by cowtown, Jun 11, 2007.

1. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. 16 dollars pay per view. It'll be just the third game I will have seen this season, and one of those was in person at Ninian Park ($#@%$^$# Watford).

It does seem like Boro will be beatable. I'm really looking forward to the match.

2. AllWhitebeliever

AllWhitebeliever Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2006
    On the injury table
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Go Cardiff City go.

English FA Cup for the Welsh.

Well done on the Rugby triple crown.

Go Wales go. :)

You guys are the Bomb (I like the Torchwood and new Doctor Who shows too)

*Come and support the Wellington Phoenix from NZ against the Australian's A-league sides anytime guys* ;)

3. Football Not Soccer

Jun 13, 2004
    South Wales, UK
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be, we're going to Wem-ber-ley, que sera sera!

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all for now!:D

4. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D SUHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :D

5. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Greatest trip ever.

6. soulcrew70

soulcrew70 New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    thanks for all the worldwide support, well whata weekend, the egg chasers done us proud, shame enzo lost, and the bluebirds won in style.....two top draw goals, totally outplayed em, and to top it off a dream draw today, nothing against barnsley, theyve done well, really well, its gonna be tuff, but we wont have another chance like this maybe in a long time.

anyway..................WEMBLEY,WEMBLEY.......maybe twice?

cowtown, ya gonna have to come over again for this one mate!!

7. Football Not Soccer

Jun 13, 2004
    South Wales, UK
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    FA Cup Final anyone?:p

Hasn't been that bad a season after all has it:cool:

GET THE F*CK IN THERE! BLUEBIRDS! BLUEBIRDS! BLUEBIRDS!

Still speechless and shellshocked, after years of mistreatment by my baby Bluebirds, it's worth the pain for moments like this. You may take the p!ss and dissappoint me 9 weekends out of 10, you may make me feel like I've wasted £000's following you round the country only to be abused, you may consume hours of my time with little in return but with sudden swoop you pay it all back! C'MON CITY!

8. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HA! Great win for the Bluebirds. Starting a new job in late April, but that hasn't stopped the guys at Bluebird to the Bone from giving me sh!t for even thinking about pissing off my new boss or spending thousands of dollars or spending 24 out of 60 hours travelling... and you know what? I can't fault 'em. This is amazing!

CAAAAAARDIFFFF!!!!!! Pompey can suck it!

9. STRINGER_BELL

STRINGER_BELL New Member

May 24, 2008
    england
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
  10. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great pics. Shame about the final. DIdn't feel like we were outclassed; just out-lucked.

11. BristoLee27

BristoLee27 New Member

May 24, 2008
    Bristol, UK
    Now we know what it's like to lose 1-0 at Wembley...although we had a lot more to lose!! Looking forward to Swansea next season?!

12. Football Not Soccer

Jun 13, 2004
    South Wales, UK
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Has been a while...

FA Cup Final. Will refrain from talking much about this, not because we lost but because I had an exam that morning which counted towards my degree therefore I couldn't go:mad: Most heartbreaking thing I have ever done was part with the 2 tickets I queued up for. They say that whatever don't kill you only makes you stronger. It's a lie. That f*cking killed me inside:(

We were unlucky against Pompey. Jones should of put Fowler on the bench and Ramsey on sooner. Easy saying that now in hindsight but I feel we may of got something more out of the game if that were the case. Ah well, a slightly sad end to an unbelievable season but c'est la vie. We more than exceeded expectations, if only we were more clinical at home then we may of reached the playoffs, but who am I to argue. We made the f*cking Cup Final in this day and age. I guess seeing the wurzels f*ck up there as well helped the healing process (Sorry BristoLee27).

So where from here, well seeing Ramsey is Manchester/London bound it is vital we add to our attacking options. Whether this is done by bringing in Chops or Ched Evans, who knows but we need a spark up front which Thommo, Jimmy and Parry seem to lack alone. We should be aiming for the Playoffs minimum next season, leave Ninian Park with a bang. Would be nice to hammer the Jacks and Wurzels in our last season at the old lady as well.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS!!!

13. Slater582

Slater582 Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Shrewsbury, England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Cardiff lose 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday in the last game of the season.

Same points & Goal difference as Preston, Cardiff lose out as they scored one goal less :eek:

14. jiggerjake

jiggerjake New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    going into the 2010 season, what youngsters are going to be gone, who will make a difference next year? any players that we should pursue?

15. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    weirdly quiet being so close to making it to the final in Wembley.

16. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BigSoccer just never became much of a home for Cardiff fans. Try the messageboard at http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/

17. ONE

ONE Member

Aug 11, 2000
    NOLA
    I've had it with Wembley.

18. ONE

ONE Member

Aug 11, 2000
    NOLA
    Bellamy! Cardiff! YEAH!

19. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be nice. :D

20. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Surprised you're still with us!

21. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support my local club first, as I think anyone should try to do, but I've invested far too much time and emotional energy into following Cardiff to let multiple failed promotion campaigns and one lost FA Cup final (F. you, Portsmouth... you brittle-shelled monster) dissuade me. Besides, when you follow a team that isn't your local, the only way for it to be real is to stick with them long enough that the original reasons don't matter anymore.

Unless Dallas and Cardiff start playing regular competitive matches, you lot are stuck with me. :D

22. R&DFC

R&DFC Member

Mar 26, 2004
    England
    Well the rumours have been flying in since Craig Bellamy signed, it seems that Cardiff is now the place to be. I'll start with the two most ridiculous.

Paul Scholes - Apparently spotted at Cardiff City Stadium to discuss a possible move. Spotted or not, this seem's beyond ridiculous since Scholes almost certainly will play a role in United's campaign this season as well as it being common knowledge that he will only ever play for Oldham Athletic should he choose to leave Old Trafford.

Ryan Giggs - Not quite as laughable as Scholes, but not far off it. The tenuous link here seem's to be that it is certain fan's belief that he wishes to end his career at 'home'. Honestly, I can't see this happening, Giggs is United, he still has a massive role to play at the club, not only as a player, but as an ambassador and no doubt as one of the coaching staff in the not so distant future. If he does ever pull on the Blue shirt of Cardiff, it will not be this season.

Joleon Lescott - Like Scholes, he has apparently been spotted in and around Cardiff. There is a link here as Cardiff manager Dave Jones is the man who brought him through the ranks at Wolves. Apparently not promised a place at City this season I still can't see him dropping down a league to get a first team place. Still seen as a quality defender and unlike Bellamy isn't a journeyman with a lot of baggage a move may materialise but I'm not sure it would be Lescott's best option to be honest.

Shay Given - Another City player not guaranteed a starting place this season. With the emergence of Joe Hart it looks as though it's going to be a long season warming the bench for the Irishman. A move seems more likely than the others since Given is regarded by many as one of the better Keepers in the country and unlikely to accept a place as an understudy. Like Lescott, a move down a league seems unlikely, but perhaps if he feels he can help Cardiff get to the Premiership it may be a sacrifice he would be willing to make. Probably the most likely of the lot.

23. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aren't we out of long-term loan slots? Think I read that in the Echo, but my lord that is an awful news source.

24. R&DFC

R&DFC Member

Mar 26, 2004
    England
    I think the rules may be slightly different if the player(s) in question are over 24, don't quote me on that though. There seems to be some confusion regarding this, with some saying that they've used all their allocated spots, while others say they have space for one or two senior players.

25. Bluebirds Boyo

Nov 26, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    More to the point, how has a Rushden fan become so intimate with our rumours?!