Universitatea Craiova thread [R]

Discussion in 'Romania' started by dragos03, Mar 8, 2008.

1. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Re: Universitatea Craiova thread

Thanks :) I expected us to win, but not to score 5 away goals vs a team that has not lost at home so far.

A really spectacular game, in which both teams kept attacking for 90 minutes, and many more scoring opportunities were missed. Respect to Gaz Metan as well, it's imo better to lose 2-5 while playing offensively, than losing 0-1 by trying to kill the game.

I don't have any pics of the new stadium. The old "Oblemenco" was renovated by changing the grass and installing modern drenage and heating systems for the pitch. It also got a minor facelift, missing seats were replaced, etc. The training fields near the stadium were also modernised.

As for the new stadium proposal, that is quite controversial. The project calls for the demolition of the old "Tineretului" stadium, building a new arena from scratch instead. However, the space available there is limited, allowing for a stadium with 20000-25000 seats at best. Since even the 35000 seats Ion Oblemenco is filled completely when Craiova plays big teams, many fans think the new stadium would be way too small and call for a gradual modernisation of Oblemenco instead, to bring it in time to CL standards.

It must be said that the actual owner of the club has invested quite a lot in infrastructure, and the stadium is getting closer to modern standards. It is only its obsolete structure that is still a problem.

Otherwise, Stiinta faces two games that should be easy, vs CS Otopeni and Gloria Buzau.

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Universitatea Craiova thread

Thanx for the infos.

3. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SPW0k3Bqyk

Another beautiful song dedicated to Stiinta, that can compete with the old "Cantec pentru Oltenia" and "O iubire alb-albastra" as the club's anthem.

Cristi Miculescu, an old supporter of the club, said recently that "The current team of Craiova plays the most beautiful football seen in Romania after 1989."

4. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Latest results:

Craiova - CS Otopeni 2-2
    Gloria Buzau - Craiova 0-2

After a dissapointing draw at home with Otopeni (caused by a bad referee, but also by the supperficial approach), the win at Buzau places Craiova on 3rd spot (even if temporarly) for the 1st time after 1996.

Next, the Romanian Cup match vs Pandurii and the big exam against Rapid.

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    The recent results made Victor Piturca call up no less than 6 players for Stiinta to the national team for the tournament in Oman.

Besides Dorel Stoica, Florin Costea, Valerica Gaman and Mircea Bornescu (they have been called to the NT before), Andrei Prepelita and Ovidiu Dananae have also been selected.

Finally Andrei Prepelita gets called, imo our national team badly needs creative midfielders like him, it's a shame that Piturca has waited so long before giving credit to players like him.

Anyway, this basically means that the whole team of Craiova got selected, since the other 5 players in the starting 11 are foreigners :)

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow, that's really impressive!

8. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    After a shameful defeat in the Romanian Cup (1-4 vs Pandurii) and a good game against Rapid (0-0), Stiinta will play Steaua tonight. I expect a full stadium and a tough game :) I hope that Gigi Becali is too busy with the electoral campaign to influence the referees again, like he did in the last encounter between the two teams. :mad:

Otherwise, Florin Costea played 90 minutes for the Romanian NT in the game against Georgia (2-1).

Four players of Craiova were started by Emil Sandoi for the U21 team in the match vs Bulgaria (1-1): Silviu Lung Jr, Radu Barbu, Barboianu and Gangioveanu. They all played well, but Cosmin Gangioveanu scored the only goal of Romania and was considered one of the best players in this game.

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You were just a few seconds away from spot 3 (before the winter break), so it's surely a little bit disappointing to finish "only" 6th. Nevertheless, I think you played a fantastic first season-half! Congrats.

10. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    The Costea brothers seem to be unstoppable :)

After beating Farul Constanta 3-0 away (2 goals F. Costea, one goal M. Costea), the brothers scored 3 goals again in one of the best games played by Craiova in years.

Stiinta demolished the champions CFR Cluj 4-1, in a match in which we wasted many other scoring chances (goals by F. Costea x2, M. Costea and Dorel Stoica).

I can only hope that our young team can stay focused until the end of the season.

Craiova's goals vs CFR:
    http://www.gsptv.ro/viewVideo1.php?video_id=15291
    http://www.gsptv.ro/viewVideo1.php?video_id=15293
    http://www.gsptv.ro/viewVideo1.php?video_id=15304
    http://www.gsptv.ro/viewVideo1.php?video_id=15305

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Really impressive win against the champs from Cluj! Congrats!

Let's hope that your guys are back on track now.

12. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    We got a young and talented team, if only the owner can keep them together.

This winter, there was an insane offer of EUR 7 million for Florin Costea from Zenit St. Petersburg. The offer was refused, but it will be hard to keep the talented players when they are offered huge wages by foreign clubs. Costea himself commented that he doesn't want to leave the club until 2010, regardless of offers.

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know that problem, mate. My club BMG will lose 2 huge talents as well after this season (21-year-old playmaker Baumjohann goes to Bayern ... and the 20-year-old national player & left winger Marko Marin - one of the biggest talents in Germany - will probably be sold next summer, as his contract expires a year later).

You see, our clubs have a lot in common...;)

14. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    After winning 2-0 away at Otelul Galati (goals by F. Costea and Wobay), Stiinta hit the jackpot tonight, by beating the current leaders and arch-rivals Dinamo 2-0 at Craiova.

1st goal (F. Costea):
    http://www.gsptv.ro/viewVideo1.php?...tatea_Craiova_1___0_Dinamo__gol_Florin_Costea

2nd goal (M. Costea):
    http://craiovamaxima.mysport.ro/stiri/5544/video-craiova--dinamo--gooool-mihai-costea-2-0.htm

The Costea brothers strike yet again, bringing Stiinta only 4 points away from the top spot. The stadium was like a volcano, with approx. 30000 people driving the team to victory.

Thank you Adrian Mititelu. You might be an illiterate madman at times, but even in the darkest hours you believed 100% in a dream that nobody else did.

Thank you Nicolo Napoli. You had the balls to return to a team that humiliated you before, and took on the challenge to assemble a team without big names or enough funds, just with the enthusiasm of a bunch of talented kids.

Thank you Craiova players. Regardless if you are Romanians, Australians or Leonese, you believed in this team and refused major offers from other clubs in order to take Stiinta back to its former glory.

Next game puts Stiinta against Poli Timisoara, the other much loved team that is on fire at the moment after beating Rapid. I think the team that will win has a major chance to play in the CL next season.

Anyway, regardless of the final ranking of Craiova this year, the new NT coach should rebuild it on the frame of this young team.

In the end, after many years, I feel like linking this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrKga-boZvE"]YouTube - Imn Universitatea Craiova - Cantec pt Oltenia - IMN ORIGINAL[/ame]

In any case, this is just a game. The real events take place in Moldova. may you win as well, brothers, don't give up hope and throw away the communist yoke.

15. LaurNG

LaurNG New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I am looking for jerseys that are like the U. Craiova ones where can i get a pair? anyone know, id like to support the team from the U.S. but searching online has led me here. and the match today was great

16. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Another impressive win for your guys against the table leaders from Dinamo! Kudos! Somehow you like to beat the top teams. :))

The Costea brothers rock. ;)

17. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Try the official online store:
    http://www.fcuniversitatea-craiova.ro/emag/

Don't know if they also serve overseas customers, but you could try to send them an e-mail for details.

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Defeat for your guys in Timisoara yesterday.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    We would have been there already if the owner of the club wouldn't have been blackmailed to let Steaua win the last game... That might cost us a deserved spot in Europa League.

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Hagibest

Hagibest New Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Club:
    FC Universitatea Craiova
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I'm a big fan of the Stiinta, my #1 team!
    Unfortunately we're doing crappy this season. I know we can get back up though! We have a bad manager too.

Our best players:
    1. Florin Costea
    2. Ovidiu Dananae
    3. Julius Wobay
    4. Mihai Costea
    5. Baird
    6. Rose
    7. Prepelita
    8. Merlier (GK)
    9. Dilevski
    10.Gaman
    11. Stoica (Captain)
    12. Badea
    13. Mitchell
    14. Trica
    15. Lung Jr.
    16. Barboianu
    17. Dina
    18. Misic
    19. Badoi
    etc.

24. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey Dragos, are you still alive? :confused:

@ Hagibest

Welcome. What's up with Craiova lately? Your guys are on a relegation spot after the home defeat against Medias. :eek:

Btw: Is there any chance to sign the older Costea guy (for my first club BMG)? :)

25. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Craiova is very close to relegating in 2nd league. They lost to Steaua, 2-0. It seems like there is basic training issues going on here. In both games, with CFR and Steaua, they disappeared in the 2nd half, after a decent 1st half.