Universitatea Craiova thread [R]

Discussion in 'Romania' started by dragos03, Mar 8, 2008.

1. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Re: Universitatea Craiova thread

No way, he has a long way to go. He does have the potential to be our star in the future though.

2. chicagosoccer38

chicagosoccer38 New Member

Dec 21, 2007

No way. People were saying the same sort of things about plesan a while back and look what happened to him. The same can be said about a lot of Romanian players. In my opinoin I think after a Romanian player gets a little fame they start putting soccer in the back of their mind. We've had a lot of talented players who didn't make it since they weren't serious.

3. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Exactly. It's up to Costea himself if he will be able to stay focused on the game and become a class player or not. He certainly has the skills needed but he's not a team player at the moment and already had a conflict with the coach (just before the game vs Urziceni), when he was left home in the end because he refused to play on the position where the coach wanted him. However, the team did well in that game without him, so I hope he realised that he is not indispensable and his attitude was wrong. It's great that the coach had the guts to not tolerate his behavoiur, even if it was before a crucial game and everyone would have blamed him if the team lost.

Craiova has a very interesting attack combo atm:
    - Costea, a selfish player that ruins many attacks but is in the right place to score when needed
    - Baird, a striker with bad technical skills and poor finishing, but who gives 110% on the field every game, pressing, creating chances for others and exhausting the opposing defenders because of his determination to fight for every ball
    So far, they complement each other and the combo works nice :).

4. Bulangiul

Bulangiul New Member

Jan 25, 2008

Still, He is probably our most gifted player since Hagi hanged his boots?

5. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Dacia Mioveni - U. Craiova 1-2 (Frasineanu 13, Lutu 76, Dina 81)

As usual, the opposition scored first, then Craiova fought back and won. This was especially hard since Mioveni's coach is the master of the "autobase" tactic (the Romanians here will know what I mean :D ).

Not only the team is safe from relegation now, but we are at 6 points of a UEFA Cup spot. I doubt we can make it, but hey, our young team is on fire atm :).

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Another impressive away win in Timisoara last night! Kudos!

And that Costea guy scored twice again...

7. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Dinamo - Craiova 4-4

Only a young team like Craiova can lead 3-0, then concede 4 goals, then come back and score again for 4-4.

A crazy game in which both teams could have won in the end. Also a terrible ref, that eliminated a Craiova player (Stoica) unjustly and failed to show 2 other well-diserved red cards, one for each team (Lobont and Dilevski).

In any case, the next match vs Steaua will be a tough fight as well, hope out youngsters will stay focused till the end and win.

8. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Florin Costea scored twice versus Dinamo, but he also gave the spectacular pass for the 1st goal, scored by Mihai Dina:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSkUIFr5OIE

According to Romanian media, Costea is wanted by both CFR Cluj and Steaua. While CFR Cluj already made an offer of EUR 3 million for the player, Gigi Becali claims that he would pay as much as needed to get him to Steaua.

However, Craiova's owner said that Costea is not for sale no matter the offer, while coach Nicolo Napoli added that no player will leave.

Costea was also included in the extended team for Euro. He has scored 15 goals so far this season and also had 5 assists.

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Good luck for the big game against Steaua!

10. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Craiova - Steaua 1-2

Steaua can now enjoy another stolen title. But I guess they are used to it.

This quote from Becali says it all really: "Numai din ofsaid vreau să câştig"

11. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Florin Costea: "I want to settle one issue, once and for all. I will not play for any Romanian team except Craiova, even if the owner would be willing to sell me."

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

That's a cool statement.

I'm be calling Christian Ziege (BMG club manager) to make him an offer soon...;)

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

What happened exactly? :confused:

I've just read this statement:

CLICK

What did you expect from this idiot?

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

OMG! :eek:

CLICK

Some Craiova fans seem to be as stupid as some from Rapid...

Why did they do that?

15. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Well, the 1:0 for Steaua was clear offside! The 2:1 was ok, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJRp7Af7j8A

PS: Those idiots throwing diverse stuff on the pitch, should be banned from stadiums!

16. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Well, not only the clear offside at the 1-0 goal was the problem. The referee judged every single contact in Steaua's favour.

As for the retards throwing various objects on the field, there are some people from Craiova that are easy to be bought by anyone that wants to harm the team or the owner (it's a long story). I guess it was easy for Becali to pay a few of them to do that, just in case they could not win the game on the pitch. In the end, paying off the ref was the easiest way to do it apparently.

17. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Oh, btw, the 2nd goal of Steaua came after a corner that wasn't.

Near the end of the game, Steaua's goalie Zapata punched Craiova defender Josh Mitchell, who then punched one Steaua player. The referee showed red cards to Mitchell and Steaua's Golanski (who did nothing wrong). If he would have sent off Zapata, as he should've done, Steaua would have played without a goalkeeper the final minutes (they used all changes), also losing a crucial player for the game vs Dinamo.

18. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Florin Costea and Josh Mitchell have extended their contracts with Craiova until 2011.

"As I've said before, I have no intention to leave Craiova, regardless of offers. If I'll ever leave, it will only be for a foreign club", said Costea.

"I like it here. Universitatea has been my contact with European football, and I want to stay and win a trophy with this club", commented Mitchell.

It's nice to see that our promising players, both Romanians and foreigners, are dedicated to the club. There were tempting offers for both of them, from Steaua and CFR Cluj for Costea and from a Swiss team for Mitchell.

19. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

That's great news for all Uni fans! :)

Let's see him (Costea) win a title with Craiova ... and then enjoy him in the Bundesliga! ;)

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Still 10th place with 15 points.

What can I say, the team plays well, was better than the opponents in most games so far. However, lack of maturity is still a problem, the team does not know how to capitalize on its chances, morale is frail, and many points were lost because of it.

Anyway, Craiova now has three players called to the national team. Let's see how many will play vs France, and how they will do it.

Despite the usual turbulent atmosphere surrounding the team, Stiinta can definetly hope for a UEFA Cup spot this year.

22. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Nice to see you back! :)

Costea got national player, I'm right?

23. dragos03

dragos03 New Member

Nov 29, 2006

Fl. Costea, Dorel Stoica and the young defender Valerica Gaman got called for the game versus France.

Otherwise, Craiova - Pandurii 2-0 (goals scored by Costea and Baird in the same minute 13):
    http://www.craiovamaxima.ro/stiri/4294/video--u-craiova--pandurii-1-0-gol-florin-costea.htm
    http://www.craiovamaxima.ro/stiri/4295/video--u-craiova--pandurii-2-0-gol-baird.htm

Craiova is now on 8th place, which is however only 3 points away from 2nd spot. The following 2 games are against weak teams, Gaz Metan Medias and CS Otopeni. However, Medias has not lost any game at home so far. If we get at least 4 points in these two games, we can hope for one of the top spots this season.

Also, the renovation of the Ion Oblemenco stadium is now complete and the team will return there vs Otopeni. The construction of a new stadium is supposed to start next year.

24. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Would you please post some pics of the new stadium? Thanx in advance.

25. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Wow, 5 away goals in Medias! :eek:

CLICK

Congrats on the away win and spot 5!