PBP: United States vs Panama; 6/26/19; 9pm ET

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Jun 26, 2019.

1. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    you said the team that played jamaica were the ones because you can't discount injuries and guys not being there. If guys played they were the ones.

Now its guys like roldan, trapp, dm, morris, miazga, lovitz omar have all now been made 2s after you argued so much about how we should all take that jamaica friendly as the actual team. Even guys like Lima clearly wouldn't start if adams was healthy. you could argue cannon is at best a third choice guy fighting to get in the 2s.

this is my point about this place people like you argue that you know everything and everyone else is dumb but when you have been proven clearly wrong its like everyone else is a jerk because you were so wrong.

2. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #452 manfromgallifrey91, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    As far as I know he is, but he is struggling for playing time/club situation so I left him out, but once he is playing he is definitely in the mix.
    Absolutely, it is a deep drop down in terms of proven production. But if your proven players arent producing at this level, and we are in the position we are in(missing the last few olympics, missing the WC, dropping off in form and struggling versus teams we shouldnt) it would be wise to search the positions in a time of turn over, which we should have had when Dave was in, and now continuing until the fall of this year under GB. Instead weve seen pretty much 3 strikers the entire time and I dont think thats enough, even if the production or drop is steep. But thats just me and if you wanted to argue that the drop off is too much to consider, then thats an understandable position.

Bajoro repped this.
  3. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I was wondering how long it would take before the US was so bad it would be ironically hispter cool to jump on the bandwagon. Looks like we've reached that point.

Some of us liked the US when they were upstart work horse underdogs because they were genuinely hard working and pushing the program forward through some innocent sense of American honor blah blah. Now what can I say? Profoundly sanitary and corrupt corporate forces have joined hands in a diabolical money grab that skirts the fantasmic. Poor dumb soccer kids never had a chance .

Bajoro repped this.
  4. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    I can't imagine what you're posts will look like when we actually lose a competitive match.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I'm old enough and jaded enough to accept that corruption happens everywhere. So, if there are results, I can look the other way, even if I know someone in the background is paying money to have puppies drowned.