PBP: United States vs Mexico; 9/11; 9pm ET

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Sep 11, 2018.

1. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly Brazil could probably put 11 CBs on the field all at once and still beat us.

2. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    and he'd be another in that same mold. he isn't some brilliant player going forward if he was...he'd play at his club.

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Did you really expect a team to improve leaps and bounds since the Portugal match?
    I did not. But I do see some things that are encouraging and the style of game is slowly emerging. Bring in Pulisic and we may be cooking with gas come next year.
    But yes, it all depends on what kind of manager we have.

4. It would be better to loose the epl fixation. In the Dutch forum when a talent at 16 leaves the proven academies of Feyenoord/PSV/AZ/Ajax for an epl one we all start moaning "oh no, oh no ".
    In the YA thread it is "yes, yes, yes..".
    The results are the same in both cases, not one has been a success.
    So bless the UK paper work for your kids as it prevents talents getting stifled.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea with the EPLs buying power youngster should really stay away. I get that the country speaks English which makes an easier transition and the big boys do invest in top class facilities but there isn't really a pathway from academy to first team. I'd tell all to go to a club that emphasizes developing, playing and selling their youth. You'll get the attention needed there. And learn the language. A lot of the countries don't like outsiders and prefer their homegrown, make an effort to embrace their culture and it will not go unnoticed.

6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said leaps and bounds. I expect a steady minimal improvement. The telltale sign for me is how McKennie is been played. He is a quality player but with us, he is all over the place trying to help and not doing anything particularly well. The midfield is just a mess and because of it, we are not going to have a fluid transition with the forwards.