PBP: United States vs Honduras; 3/24; 10:30pm ET

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Panama were able to hold Mexico to a scoreless draw, so I don't think a rout is in the cards unless we stay red hot.

deuteronomy repped this.
  2. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I actually thought Gonzalez had a very good first half right up until his blown mark right before halftime, the second half was a bit shakier.

He and Brooks never, ever play well together though. This was probably the best game those two have had together and it was still fairly shaky, especially the last 5-10 minutes of both halves. On the other hand Gonzo has almost always played well with Besler and with Brooks out my bet is that's the partnership on Tuesday night. CB pairings are not merely the sum of their parts, certain guys (Brooks and Cameron, OG and Besler) play well together, others (Brooks and OG) do not. Honestly I think a big part of Omar's issues with the US over the last 2-3 years or so--even as he's been dominant at the club level--is that he's rarely in that time gotten to play alongside a CB partner whose game complements his own.

3. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you're right, we sure can use those 3 points.

4. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    If we remain just as aggressive we should win comfortably again.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you talking about Besler partners him perfectly. The issues with Omar is he's an old school CB in the modern area. He's gonna be better at club level where you hide him. But at the international level it's much harder to hide him if you're trying to play a possession based game.

6. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    All they needed was a real coach and a reminder that they are Americans not Germans

7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow this is all types of foolish. First of all neither JK or Bruce are coaches... their managers. Yes there is a difference. All players that play for us are American.

8. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Thanks for putting your oar, however short, in the water. Just in case you may be hung up on terminology I suggest you peruse this link and note that "manager" isn't used IN THIS NATION Coach is. Then try to imagine that a cultural difference exists between Germany and the US. My comment has nothing to do with the color of one's passport just the way they are wired culturally. .Oh and it's "they're" (they are) not "their" Managers even if you are wrong you can at least get it partially right
    https://www.ussoccer.com/coaching-education/licenses
    National Coaching Schools. ... U.S. Soccer Federation is committed to providing soccer coaches, from beginner to most advanced, with up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge, so coaches across the United States can ensure that players develop to their full potential.
    National B · ‎National F · ‎National E · ‎National D
    National C - U.S. Soccer