Pre-match: United States v Jamaica Gold Cup Final 7/26

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Rahbiefowlah, Jul 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #251 gringolimon, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    I'll be the 1st to say it... I underestimated them. But everything else I said stands true. The same defense against Costa Rica woukd suffice with Jamaica (a little more would be nice) but ONLY if they come at the Reggae Boyz with at least twice as much offense because their Goal Keeper is On Point right now (Goalie of tourney) and if they don't come at him 2X or more than before (vs CR), this match right go into extra time, if not PK. Once again, I think the U.S. will come through (probably in extra time) and bring home the trophy a 6th time.

UPDATE: With Blake's unfortunate leave, this is the United States' game to lose and Jamaica's to pull off the upset... with the players' emotions surrounding how Blake left the field, I wouldn't be surprised if they do or at least force it to E.T. or even PK.

2. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow that little two-touch thing Bradley just did to escape 2 players was amazing.

deuteronomy repped this.
  3. I Touchdown There

Med
    United States
    Jun 15, 2017
    In CONCACAF the US isn't the team that should be adjusting to their opponents. Outside of Mexico, we have superior players at every position. They should be adjusting to us. And if they, don't we should be imposing our will on them.

tudobem62014 repped this.