PBP: United States @ Ireland; 06/02; 3pm ET

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Jlpurelove

Jlpurelove Member

Jun 3, 2016
    charlotte nc
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    The point is that the Mexico is a top of the chain in the Concacaf that even if they lose to the US, they would still qualify to the world cup. They have qualified to every worldcup since 1930 except for 3 times and 2 times that they did not participate. They have won the confederation cup, runner up on copa america twice, goldcup champs multiple times, etc.. Is there anything else in the concacaf that mexico can accomplish? So I think they worry more about making to the fifth game in the world cup than beating the US.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  2. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adjusted for Truthiness.

3. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    no the point is that mexico doesn't go into qualifying thinking about argentina...which is what you said.

I am happy you finally read about it because the whole 'they qualify so easy everytime', and on top of that the 'us has never won in mexico' shows you didn't do ur homework on this entire thought.

but you summed it up best with 'I think they worry'....you've come along way from they don't worry about the us to get to 'I think'. the other nice touch is they 've won the gold cup multiple times...why would that matter thats a tournament the us plays in lol. You misjudge wc goals with being the only goals or the only think a countries players/fans think about.

4. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And they would've sat out Brazil had the US not saved their collective asses, having finished on 11 points in a WCQ campaign that was even worse than the utter catastrophe of the US's 12-point 2018 Hex finish.

You should go over to BSMX, where you'll be preaching to the choir.

5. Jlpurelove

Jlpurelove Member

Jun 3, 2016
    charlotte nc
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Mexico goes into the Concacaf qualifying games thinking about making it to the fifth game in the worldcup. Do you think they worry about not qualifying? The concacaf's level is so poor that even panama can make it to the worldcup. For Mexico, going to the worldcup is pretty much a given. USA is probably one of the strongest teams but concacaf has 3 spots for the wordcup, so Mexico will make it to the world cup every 4 years until the concacaf raise their level.

6. Jlpurelove

Jlpurelove Member

Jun 3, 2016
    charlotte nc
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    That was only one time. So just becasue in the 2014 they barely made it to the world cup now Mexico has to worry about qualifying to the world cup? Are you serious?

7. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the US doesn't score in the 89th minute in Panama, does Mexico qualify for the 2014 World Cup? No?

Hmm, odd, since Mexico is the King of CONCACAF. How can that be?

8. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USSF, repeating its mistakes over and over and over and over and over....

No wonder the MNT is so bad.

TOAzer repped this.
  9. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    I bet lol, heard mexico is looking at an easy 9 pts in the group stage I mean thats easy stuff for them right and the first knockout round. you re too funny though I do enjoy this.

you start the post with mexico only worries about the fifth match..now they are thinking about making it. we already made fun of ur 'they make it easy everytime' so thats turned into 'pretty much a given'...the issue is it may be pretty much a given...but its not thats what is important.

they again...you don't know the facts

'concacaf has three spots'

no...they have three spots...and a playoff spot...thats how mex made it four years ago in the playoff.

and just fyi because I don't you know this...they are expanding the world cup...more teams are going to make it

what you've tried to do is blur the original point.

mexico cares about the us and the matches with the us. you can argue they don't matter but we all know they do and so does mexico.

10. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 Late scratch, Parks, Saeif, Green. I guess they picked up a knock during practice.

11. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    articles all say

'Midfielders Julian Green (right foot injury) and Kenny Saief (right knee injury) were held out of tonight’s squad due to injury. Midfielder Keaton Parks, defender Erik Palmer-Brown and goalkeeper William Yarbrough also will not dress for the match'

no injury for parks just a did not dress

I feel for you I know how invested you are with him, I thought he was going to start but with DS lineup decision to go similar to the paraguay match it makes sense to not dress him if they felt like they had to play de la torre and corona.

12. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It happens

13. Jlpurelove

Jlpurelove Member

Jun 3, 2016
    charlotte nc
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    No, I started my post saying that Mexico does not worry about the US. That is my point. I already showed you that Mexico has qualified to almost every single world cup since 1930 and the they don't need to worry about ANY TEAM in the concacaf, let alone the US. Somebody here said that the US worries about Mexico, I don't know if that is true or not but Mexico does not need to worry about the US because the US is not going to stop Mexico from qualifying to the world cup. Plain and simple.

14. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    lol no this is my point, you said they dont worry about the us.

now yu are saying they don't need to worry about any team in conc let alone the us lol.

just think about mex not winning a hex match...how would they go to the world cup?

the us is not going to stop mex from qualifying? they could've four years ago if they wanted so you just aren't dealing in the real world

now you are throwing in the idea that you don't know if the us worries about mexico. I don't think it its too much fifa 18 or pes that is confusing you about the real world lol.

I am done.

15. DCYC

DCYC Member

Chivas, DC United, Reno 1868
    Mar 24, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    stop flirting with almeyda bro :mad:

flirt with Osorio instead !

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Be careful what you ask for.
    A manager that knows the ins and outs of Mexico going to the USA the very next cycle may be just what we need to going back to the dos a cero expectations. Or maybe even tres a cero.

17. DCYC

DCYC Member

Chivas, DC United, Reno 1868
    Mar 24, 2010
    Reno, NV
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Man, just take Osorio already lol I hope nothing from them at the WC

18. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You guys aren't going anywhere this year. Your time was 2014. Didn't you guys get cheated out of advancement - something is in the back of my mind about you and Brazil game.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Do you mean the game where Brazil outshot them 8 to 3 and they only tied thanks to Memo Ochoa?

20. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I didnt get a chance to see the game but something in the back of my mind told me there was some controversy and Mexico should have gone further. From a quick wiki review it looks like Mexico was leading Netherlands 1-0 in the 87' when they gave up a goal and Huntelaar converted a pen after regulation expired to win 2-1 in the round of 16.

Netherlands went on to win on shootout vs. CR in quarters. Mexico could have done that, right? In the semi's Nehterlands lost to Argentina on pens.

Also I see Brazil won the group on GD while Mexico appears to have been victimized by wrong offside call on a goal in group. Maybe that is what I was thinking about.

My point was that I thought the present group's time was 2014 but they were "snakebit".

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They lost the Netherlands game on the now infamous "no era penal" --Robben exaggerated when Rafa Marquez stepped on his foot. It was a PK, but the way Robben dove no one would have minded if the ref looked the other way.

Excellency repped this.