Union 103

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by Zak, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Matt D

Matt D Member

Mar 17, 2006
    new orleans
    Any ticket packages available in the section besides the full season package?

2. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ask Brad Kessler: (614) 447-4152

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the past, there were a few people with credentials to get onto the field in order to hang banners. I've always found it easier, that when hanging banners, it's best to be facing the banner than to try and hang it from above.

Have discussions happened regarding this matter? Also, will we be keeping them at the stadium or bringing them in every game?

4. AkronSoccerFan

AkronSoccerFan New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be because I just got a nine-game package last Saturday.

5. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone gotten tickets in the mail yet? I mean, it's like 2 weeks from the opening game and nothing in my hands to get me in the door. Hopefully they'll come soon (getting tickets always adds some anticipation/excitement).

6. BenHouck

BenHouck Member

Aug 25, 2000
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't usually go out this early.

7. wemess0

wemess0 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a call from a ticket rep today. He said I should get mine either today or within the next one or two days.

8. krs-two

krs-two Member

Jan 22, 2001
    Columbus
    I ordered a nine game package in 103 and received my tickets this afternoon.

9. AkronSoccerFan

AkronSoccerFan New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talking with Brad Kessler and Chris Wilson in the Crew office last weekend, they said tickets were supposed to be mailed sometime this week.

10. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got mine today. Supersweet!

11. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got mine today too...although I am just a little disappointed, not sure if it's the same or not, but didn't the access pass come with the tickets last year? are we still getting them? Last year we got a nice little package, car flag and a few other items...oh well maybe it's just me being picky....exactly 2 weeks :)

12. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was wondering the same thing. I'll shoot Brad at the ticket office an email.

13. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn it! still empty handed out here in Indy. I had hoped that I would at least get them by Saturday... :(

14. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoever was getting banners made: Any way we can get a "Welcome To Hunt Park" banner made as well? Since the FO won't officially re-name the place, the least we can do is get the idea out there to others.

15. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I asked for season tickets in 103 a couple months back and I finally got my tax return so I called up and asked for 103, my ticket guy put me in 107? There good seats row 10 so I didn't say anything. Is 103 sold out or something?

it isnt really a big deal because you guys will probably be standing all game and no one is going to stop me from walking over four sections especially since my seats are actually better since they are midfield. so no big deal. see u guys in 103 on opening day.

16. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Give Brad Kessler a call.

17. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Hey, since you guys are the official fan base for the Crew now might I make a suggestion. There has been talk on and off about an official song for the Crew. I hereby nominate Ring Of Fire.

Kick it around, I know that it is used by some English fans as something to sing in the stands but I do not believe that anyone uses it as the unofficial/official fan song for the team.

It's your deal, I'm only one person if I sing it in the stands I just look like more of an idiot than I already look. But a group behind it, it could catch on.

18. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might do that. I dont know if they already sent out my tickets. Maybe this Rusty guy got confused and said 107 but meant 103 because I said once in an email and on the phone that I was looking for a seat in 103. I bought my tickets with this guy because he's the one that sent the emails to me. He sent me a voicemail saying that he had me set up in 107, row 10. It was too late to get back to him because he sent me a voicemail that I will be set up in 107(I was thinking wtf?) and my tickets will be in the mail in a cppl of days and I missed it, didn't receive the voicemail until 7 tonight, because it was a beautiful day out and I was playing soccer with some friends.

Does it matter what my ticket says, I mean we are talking about CCS here. 107 is closer to midfield and if I have my dad coming with me on opening day he probably won't sit in the supporters section unless I get him drunk and then he will be the best supporter out there. lol. If I'm by myself which is usual or with some college friends I can always walk over and stand in 103 right? If i didn't get them switched would it be a big deal if I came over and stood with u guys? It isnt like anyone is going to stop me since they got those ticket ppl up top. I just have to walk over four sections where u guys will be standing, so if I did come over it wouldn't be a big deal, right? Unless you guys get a cut of anyone who joins the section. Or Crew FO is looking at how many tickets you guys sale in that section. Then I will call back tomorrow and try to get the stituation fixed.

But, hey it might work better this way like when my whole family joins me for a game. If it's a problem then I will call back and get it switched though. Please get back to me sometime tonight. I don't know why the guy put me in 107 when I explictedly asked for 103. If it's a big deal I will get it switched though tomorrow if I can.

19. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. The F*re honor retired players in their "Ring of F*re"

2. I'm also thinking I've heard S8 folks sing this.

Nice try though... but I can't get past the Chicago connections

20. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A fitting sing given the last 4 years would be a little Garth "I got friends in low places"

21. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Ouch, kills that idea right now.

22. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Called up Brad he's a nice guy. Got me over in 103. Don't know if I can make it to Tommy Keegan's the night before, possibly, but I'll see you guys on opening day.

23. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    post of the week.

24. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    How the hell was supposed to know you guys have something called a Ring of Fire. I try to ignore the fact you guys even exist.

Besides if I were to think of you guys in any regard it wouldn't be Ring of Fire more like The Circle Jerks.

25. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to address some of your concerns in your longer post. Since the price of the ticket is what determines where you can swap it, you'll be fine sitting in 103 and then swapping tickets if your family comes along to one game this season.

Get season ticket holders in section 103 is going to be helpful in showing the FO that we're serious about making this work. Now, granted, once the season starts, I doubt we'll see many more season ticket packages sold. But the more we can do now, and hopefully retain people in 103 from year to year, we'll be able to leverage that buying power with the office in various ways.

I look at it this way. I could go to my boss and tell him I've got this great idea and it'll really do a lot of good for the company. Unfortunately, when he asks for data to back up my idea, all I can provide is a fat lot of nothing that directly applies to our company, but tell him that there is interest and we just have to have faith and build it. However, if I can provide some preliminary data, and show some trends, then he's going to actually listen to the proposal.

Let's just say we have 25 season tickets sold in 103 (purely hypothetical #s), that would be our baseline for each game. And then let's say 20-25 people call Brad for single game tickets as a group (organized by friends of people w/ 103 tickets). And then day-of sales is roughly another 10. Well, if those numbers increase over the course of the season, come next winter, Brad Kessler can talk with his boss and say, "Look at this growth! Look at how people are getting behind this!" Then the bosses take us more seriously as an entity and there are the chances for certain benefits (price breaks, travel options, player meetings, etc).

Now, all this is hypothetical... I just want to reiterate that, so that nobody comes back and says that certain things were promised. I'm simply pointing out that even 1 ticket sale more in 103 can make a difference over the course of the season.

I'm glad you got your tickets over in 103, and I'm sure it'll still be flexible enough to meet your game specific needs.