Uniform Numbers

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by Awe-Inspiring, Oct 11, 2002.

1. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Its natural for the "seniors" to boss or have more seniority over anything over the underclassman. It even happens in jobs and other stuff like that.

Cramer left the team because she wasnt to fully pursue her religion. There are people out there who think that means more than anything else in their lives. More power to her.

2. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Cramer quit because so many games are played on Sundays but she wants to keep the Sabbath day holy (literally) and not work on it.

3. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    isnt that what i just said??

4. UWHusky

UWHusky New Member

Aug 27, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Well, not exactly. Perhaps it's what you meant, but sorry, the term "pursue" does not imply that, and I did not infer it in that way.

5. Awe-Inspiring

Awe-Inspiring New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    There was extensive discussion on these boards when Cramer retired. Some people derided her decision, as if she were a serf of the national team obligated to play for it no matter what her own principles are. I thought that sentiment was out of line; I respect her commitment to principle.

Those who harped on her for "throwing away her talent" miss the point. It's her talent, not ours. I think many people who post on the women's soccer threads rejoice that our country has a successful women's soccer team for which female athletes who wish can aspire to play. We should not turn opportunity for women to play professional and international soccer into some sort of conscription akin to a military draft.

Cramer was free to, and had the opportunity to, pursue playing for the national team. Exercising the glorious freedom that we have as Americans, she instead chose other pursuits. It's her right.

6. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    yes, I saw that too, basicaly telling other player what to do is no problem at all and good for the team but, just how the way to say it thats what matter.