Unforgettable greats of our game

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by el_cuscatleco, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Jay_1348

Jay_1348 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Van Nuys, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'd do anything to have ANY quality player better than the ones we have now! I am sick of how our players can only manage to qualify for 2nd divisions abroad

2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If our players didn't sell themselves, who knows who where our football would be right now. Fito was in Russia and was regarded as one of our best players, before it was discovered that he was involved. :thumbsdown:

Really wish he would get his act together, because I would love to see him play for Selecta again.

3. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    It's a mix of players attitude and their connection of their player agents. I mean some players have found opportunity in different parts of the world thanks their work from their agents (such as Roberto Ulloa to lativia, Derby Carillo to Israel, Nelson Bonilla to Romania, Victor turcios to Finlandt, and many others).
    Some lazy agents have just found them spots in NASL or USL and make it sound like its a success.
    While some players have been content to going places where its easier and closer to family and lifestyle, instead of bunkering down and working on bettering their football (example andres flores to New York Cosmo, Rafael Burgos to Minnesota United, and Arturo Alvarez to some extent though he can be excused as age is becoming a factor.

Jay_1348 repped this.
  4. Jay_1348

Jay_1348 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Van Nuys, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I have no problem with players in the MLS at all, it's a league I grew up with and it's improving drastically! I just hate seeing our players in the NASL when I know they have the potential to be in the MLS! A successful Gold Cup usually comes with the MLS rumors but unfortunately it wasn't the case this year! (Roca should have been offered another contract; it's the biggest mistake FESFUT made!)

5. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Totally agree I am alright with them joining MLS, as long it helps them grow their game...well despite Darwin Ceren being lackluster with the national team, his fitness and touches have been impeccable.
    Sadly most of the players that need to be abroad are already there, and no one else really put their hands up.

6. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    #181 BKR inC, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    Sad news today with legendary coach Juan Quarterone passing away aged 81, he coached numerous team in el salvador helped juventud olimpico in 1973, helped platense win 1974-75 primera division title and 1975 Uncaf title with Platense, and won the 1984 primera division title with FAS
    External Links: http://www.elgrafico.com/2015/11/23/fallecio-juan-quartarone
    External links: http://www.edhdeportes.com/articulo/futbol-nacional/consternacion-por-muerte-quartarone-94005

this news is quite sad for me since my family is from la paz and platense was our team, this guy is a legend for bringing so much great players to our club and achieving so much success

7. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    I hope they have a giant one minute silence since most of the teams of the first have been coached or had him played for them

8. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Sad news former national team player and doctor for the national team Jose Maria Mandago Rivas lost his fight against leukemia today.
    He played for the national team in the 1982 world cup, he also playedfor independiente and atletico marte. He also the third highest goalscorer in the national team history.
    External links: http://www.elgrafico.com/2016/01/09/fallecio-jose-maria-mandingo-rivas

Willsant87 repped this.
  9. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  10. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  11. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    amazing find! what year was that 72?

12. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    February 1970.

Mago Cuscatleco repped this.
  13. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I'm still surprise there's no footage of El Salvador in their first Olympic in 1968. I would have liked to see their tie against Ghana. You'd think someone out there has footage since the Olympics should be stored somewhere since it's a historical and on going sporting event. Just like how World Cup matches are stored too for later generations to see.

I'm surprised Mexico doesn't have have footage of the 1950 Central American and Caribbean Games either where El Salvador won 1st place and beat Mexico in the finals. One of the tournaments where Pipo Rodriguez and Cariota Barraza stood out.

Still no footage on Cariota Barraza?

At least we can see Mon Martinez in the game against Honduras. That guy was pretty tall compare to the other Salvadorans from what it seems, strong legs with those long shots, and pretty quick too. Pipo Rodriguez was really fast with and without the ball, quick with the passes, and technical in the game. The world cup matches you can see his injury did affect him. A lot of moments he's not running full speed but can see some of his technical glimpse of his passes. Arana Magana does live up to what people say the way he played. Very skillful, quick, and good reflexes.

14. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  15. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    La Trucha repped this.
  16. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I once sent to a tweet to his former Bundesliga club KFC Uerdingen 05 a while back if they had any footage of Chelona during his time there. They never got back to me.

I’ve been enjoying Pajaro Picon’s IG content of Magico footage I’ve never seen before :)

Futbol E.S. Por Vida repped this.
  17. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  18. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I like this one but I rather see Raul Diaz Arce instead of Zelaya. Replace Huezo with a CDM or CM but right now I can't think of who is historically El Salvador's best CDM/CM maybe Amaya Del Cid or Castro Borja? He hasn't gotten much playing time with the national team. Cheyo as left wing even though he's mainly a playmaker, make Cienfuegos the playmaker, Barraza right forward, and Pipo Rodriguez as right wing.

upload_2021-10-3_22-59-6.png

19. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Are there still players like Luis Anaya in El Salvador? :ROFLMAO:

20. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Pele and Salvador Mariona when Santos played against Alianza FC.

[​IMG]

QEPD Pele