Unbelievable story in women's soccer

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by hotjam2, Oct 26, 2017.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is disgusting. I wish that mafia-boss of a coach would be arrested and detained but I am afraid this will never happen in today's Russia. This kind of people tarnishes and contaminates women's soccer, and the whole world to boot. They make this world a worse place. No young woman should ever endure what those athletes had to suffer. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am not as optimistic as you are, @hotjam2, so I am not persuaded that in 5 years something has changed. But what I think is: if in Russia there is no hope to nail this scoundrel, couldn't there be at least an investigation from UEFA? What's been written in the book isn't enough to at least open an antidoping investigation for what concerns international matches?

Lechus7 repped this.
  3. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    These kind of things, instead, make world a better place. And heaven knows we need that.

Thanks for a very appropriate reply to this thread, @Lechus7! :thumbsup:

5. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The title of this thread is a bit odd to me, because sadly, I don't find the story unbelievable. It rings all too true.

On another note, I do own the book that this excerpt comes from, and its worth some hype. Well-written and some excellent stories, many positive ones in addition to the one highlighted. For example, the book also has a chapter on Allie Long playing in a men's indoor league to reach the level she's at, Nadia Nadim's story of being a refugee, a story about the France WNT, the story of Josephine (Alinco) Chukwononye's rise from a slum in Nigeria to playing for the WNT, plus others.

Really the stories are international, and worth a read. Honestly, I didn't want the book to end; I would have loved to read more stories about players that I know little, if anything, about.

6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  7. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I can easily believe Foxhoven's ordeal in Russian soccer occcurred as told. As mentioned in the excerpt, it's an ideal set-up for money laundering. As such, no need for a real coach who understands how to prepare a football team. All that is needed is someone who can play the part and be trusted to keep his mouth shut. FIFA should definitely investigate (especially since it knows the ins and outs of money laundering :) ), but the chances of that happening are one in a quadrillion.

blissett repped this.
  8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #8 hotjam2, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    blissett repped this.