Unabashed bandwagoner flying by seat of pants

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by UTColumbus, Nov 10, 2006.

1. UTColumbus

UTColumbus New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Okay, so I'll be up front about it.

I'm really not that big of a soccer fan, but I am a life-long Houstonian and fan of the Rockets, Texans, and Astros. I thought that this weekend would be a great chance to A) Support my home town team and B) Give the sport of soccer a chance.

Exluding a Hotshots game when I was in 4th Grade (am now 21), this will be my first soccer game ever. I bought a general admission ticket, so as not to take a seat away from a real fan.

I know this kind of blatant bandwagoning is pretty loathsome, but hey, it's Houston. I gotta cheer 'em on. That said, I'm really flying by the seat of my pants. I have no idea what to do for parking, getting a Dynamo T-shirt, securing admission, etc.

If anyone would be willing to offer advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Take $20 bucks for parking,a keg of beer for the Texian Army and El Batallon and wear the Orange proudly.

3. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    Welcome to soccer!

As you've probably seen, there are a few threads here on options to Dallas, mainly the bus or the car (both in same caravan). I believe the buses are full, so you can check out the Gallery Furniture caravan and sign up to get free food/shirt AND parking...but you have to sign up before 5 or 6 PM.

However, if you are not in Houston, then there are links to Pizza Hut Park that advise how to get there and were to park. I believe the main Dynamo tailgating will be in Red lot. If you go to www.mlsnet.com there will be links to the park.

Also, keep reviewing these threads for more updates.

And you can buy Dynamo gear at Soccer 4 All, which has several locations throughout Houston. Either way, wear orange and have a blast!

4. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I can say is welcome! The more you hangout with us the more you will enjoy yourself,let loose and cheer the Men in Orange to every Victory,Lose or Draw! Make sure you come and see us before the game and introduce yourself,have a beer or 3, eat some good eats and get ready to lose it!

5. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Come tailgate with us. Do not be afraid to come introduce yourself and hang out. The earlier you come, the more you can drink.

2. If you enjoy us and survive the Cement Mixer Initiation then go back in time and learn all the songs at, http://www.elbatallon.com/batallon_canciones.html

3. Sneak into the supporters section and party down. A Dynamo game is ten times the experience another Houston pro-sports game, i have never been to a Comets game though, so that could be better... im not sure on that one.

6. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beat me by one minute. You owe me a beer.... from the beer bong, which you had best not forget!!!!

Unless you are superstitious, i think we have lost every game we had the beer bong at. Perhaps we should buy/build a new one.

7. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get season tickets while the cost is low. Compare a Dynamo season ticket package to one for the Astros, Rockets, and Texans and you'll see that there is a real value there.

8. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i shall raise your one beer bong and add 1 more! If you could meet me some where and get it from that would be awsome cause they wont let me bring it on the bus! call me later so we can figure soemthing out.

9. UTColumbus

UTColumbus New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Thanks for the advice, y'all.

I'm currently in Austin for college, so I plan on leaving at 6 am. Hopefully will get to Frisco by 9.

Go Dynamo!

10. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I take it you go to UT correct? if so.....you are kewl in my book and I will give you one of my beers, now if you are Manchester United,UT,Dynamo Fan then we will be buddies to the end! hahaha see ya at the game!

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played more linebacker and center field than I ever did at striker. I also am one of the most die hard Rockets, 'Stros and Texans fans you will ever know. For my age group of Houston men (i'm 30) we had to endure the Spoilers pain and yet got Rudy T and the guys joy!

So to you I want to make clear that our Dynamo do not compete against our other franchises, but celebrate our Houston sporting culture via the beautiful game. Soccer bleeds culture! From the way the men on the field play with their style and tactics...to the way the Supporters and Fans throw down in song, beat and cheer for our Men in Orange. Culture and more specific our Texas sporting culture is very rich. It's like the question Why is Texas High School gridiron so good....well cuz the way our culture raises our players and the way the players are trained, coached and of course their own passion for the competition. Iron sharpeth iron UTColumbus.

Simply put, since soccer from various leagues is broadcast to a global TV audience, there are menfrom the other side of the globe that will take in some or all of ABC's broadcast on Sunday. It is our duty each and every home game or even road game to celebrate our unique Texas heritage and culture so that others, via the universal language of soccer, can just get a solid, colorful and passioante glimpse of just who we are in Houston Texas and just how we turn up to support our teams.
    It is quit difficult to tell a German what an RBI from Biggio is and likewise it is very challenging to tell a guy from Nigeria how important Texas high School football is, yet via our men's pro soccer team there is the ease of communication with anyone from anywhere. The Dynamo men and how they play and of course WIN...are clear and effective ways to celebrate all of our Houston sports teams.

12. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck yeah..
    From mainland China to the Jungles of Brazil....The Houston DYNAMO and the supporters will be well known world wide once they get a load of it on TV...make us proud !:D
    Bring it Hard! And Rep Houston to the Fullest!

Puro HouSton!

13. mabeuf

mabeuf Member

Jul 22, 2006
    West
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't stow it underneath? I am about to goto sleep, then i have to work an overnight shift, then sleep, pick up cuz from airport, call in sick to work, drive to dallas. So, i am kinda strapped.

14. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i will see what i can do! hopefully they will allow it to be stowed underneath!

15. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man, there is a joke hanging out here like a bad Brad Lidge slider, and it's taking all my willpower to keep from posting it...