Umbro Boots Thread.... Was the New Umbro Xboots thread

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Golazco, Oct 9, 2006.

1. adwoss12

adwoss12 New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    Re: New Umbro Xboots

hey jc, any chance of u getting a pic of those umbro blackouts??

2. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ

Got my Umbro Vengeance boots from Eurosport today. First impression is they look good! :D

Does anyone know what the exact differences are between the Vengeance & the Destroyer models? :confused: I haven't had a chance to speak with my Umbro rep & am still waiting for a catalog.

3. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

The Vengence/Destroyer are the same boot I think in the UK they are the Destroyer and in the US called Vengence. Maybe it has something to do with all the touchy PC Americans and feeling hurt that something is called a Destroyer.

The only other colors in the Destroyer in the catalog I saw were the Navy ones that are out and there is a silver and black model.

4. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

I was wondering the same thing about venegeance/destroyer... I'm sure the term destroyer would piss off the PC, post 911 sensitive population. We can only use that term when speaking in terms of a navy ship!!

On another note, i read that the venegeance is a wide fit boot. Maybe replace the XAI? What a shame I like the look of the venegeance, but I don't have a wide foot. I still haven't warmed up the x-boot III yet.....

5. Hoodo

Hoodo New Member

Jul 24, 2006

Just Socca is an awesome site!

I'm guessing as its in GBP, that its a british site?

Blue/White Pred's for 50 Quid! :p:p

6. KenNY-

KenNY- New Member

Mar 10, 2007

yeh but in limited sizes though...

anyway i ordered a pair of white/red x-boot III from kitbag, will probably get them by end of next week since they havent even dispatched them yet.
    i'll post some pics when i get them, if i remember, but i have a dodgy camera anyway so the pics wouldnt be too good :(

7. Golazco

Golazco New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    chicago

I think the destroyers are the black white with the blue tounge and the vengance were the blue ones terry is wearing.

8. KenNY-

KenNY- New Member

Mar 10, 2007

Here are my X-Boot III's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Carmines757

Carmines757 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Newport News, VA

I bought the silver/black/red Xboot III's about a month ago. They feel amazing and the leather is easy to clean (though the suede Michelin part gets dirty very easily). I wear an 11 in normal shoes, and ordered a 12 in these since they are said to run a size small. This was a smart move, as they fit like gloves. The Michelin material feels less grippy after a few games, but rest assured, the effects are still there. Just compare it to another boot and you'll see there's still a noticeable difference. Their traction is excellent, and I'd assume the aluminum tipped FG version grips even better (I had to go for non-metal studs. HS soccer frowns on SG or metal studs).The X100s are tempting as well. I might go for the black/white version of those just to have another pair of the best boot I've purchased.

10. adwoss12

adwoss12 New Member

Mar 4, 2006

Can you compare the fit of these to any other cleats? Such as the Predator absolutes/pulses or the nike legends?

11. Carmines757

Carmines757 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Newport News, VA

They have the cushiony yet snug fit of properly-sized Air Legends. I have never worn Adidas so I cannot compare them.

12. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

HOLY CRIZZZAP:

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...d=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=277321

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...d=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=277737

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductP...d=1&Section_Id=1016&pcount=&Product_Id=277479

I must say, those are some flashy boots. I'm diggin the ultra SX and the gold revoltuon X II. I can't wait for my x100's to come next week. The worst part, I'm going to be at disneyland and not even gonna be here to get them....

13. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln

wow
    those are sickkkk

14. campton

campton New Member

May 1, 2007
    Chi-city

I love knowing the owner of our local soccer shop. I've known abo ut these bad boys for over a year:)

15. naruto16

naruto16 Member

Aug 13, 2005

I have the SX boots, left shoe is black and the right shoe is red. :D
    I don't see any difference between the SX and the X, other than the SX doesn't have a tongue (which I want so bad...).
    I palyed my first game with the SX boots today, they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Very comfortable and light! and the touch thingy really put more spin on my ball(seriously...), it messed up one of my long passes... I crossed the ball to my teammate and the ball just kept curving... Need to get used to it~ :cool:

16. cobi13

cobi13 Member

Aug 16, 2004
    NY

The people at Umbro have lost their minds. I have the X Boot III, and it fits like a glove but randomly gives me blisters, even if I wear two socks.

These new ones:

Well, the white and black look really nice, but $250 = not a chance.

The other two, I can't really speak on how ugly they are. The gold is average at best, and that two colored red and blue crap is just not for me. I would prefer my two boots to at least be somewhat of the same color.

Really, Umbro is one of my favorite brands, so I am not just coming on here to blast them. The white ones are really nice, but I think they are off on the price and the entirety of the other two. For some reason I see those cleats being worn more in places like Italy or Spain where they seen to be a little more adventurous with the cleats.

17. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite

I know what you mean about the SX boots. That price seems rediculous even if they're chockfull of technology. It's rediculous IMO. Umbro is my favorite boot maker for consistency. Since the x-boot I, they've impressed me, but I'm having a hard time seeing the direction they're going. These boots will obviously be sold to a specialized market. I can't really say anything about buying gold boots (hey kettle this is the pot calling) but people looking to stand out will mos def be looking at them though.

18. markdd2404

markdd2404 Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Darlaston
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Probably going to get in trouble here for dragging up a really old thread but it was the closest thing i could find to being relevant.

Just casually looking for some cheap SG boots to replace some Morelia's i'm thinking of selling and i came across some Umbro Ultra SX. I'd never heard of them but they look pretty unique covered in all that rubber stuff completely almost completely black. So i was thinking of giving them a try.

Anyone on here ever get round to buying a pair? If so could you compare the sizing to anything recent?

19. greenlake select

Mar 28, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quick speciali question.
    previous models of speciali were all leather or kangaroo leather.
    it seems the speciali R is kanga touch (nike kanga lite) synthetic. it states it on the umbro site and multiple other sites including soccerreviews.com and soccerbible.com. but eurosport (soccer.com) has them listed as all leather and they replied to an email i sent asking the question, saying that the speciali R is all leather, and the speciali R SG that is on the umbro site is synthetic. yeah right.
    anyone have first hand knowledge of this?
    seems the speciali 3 coming out is back to kangaroo leather but the R is synthetic, but i just want to make sure.
    also, if you own a pair of speciali Rs, how did you size them say compared to a predator or laser?
    thanks for the help.

20. NoobC

NoobC Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Speciali R is all synthetic, all Kanga-Touch.

The Speciali R actually fit a bit snug compared to a predator, it has a pointy toe area which suits a narrower feet, As it is synthetic as well, it won't stretch at all...

I wear 10.5 in predator, and got some 10.5 in the speciali R and they were extremely snug.

21. greenlake select

Mar 28, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you for the reply. the answers i needed.

22. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    im thinking of buying some Umbro Geometra Pro black and blue but have never had umbro boots could anyone give me a review and sizing? i love ctrs butthey always tear apart so fast on me and these umbro kind of reminded me of a more durable looking ctr thanks for any replies..

23. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Any1 know if umbro have changed their sizings??
    Ive had a pair of these since the start of the season (Aug)
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/umbro-speciali-pro-hg-mens-football-boots-204043
    in a size 7.5UK & fit perfectly
    Just got a new pair of these Speciali delivered tho
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/Prod...t-Ground-Soccer-Cleats-Black-White-11948.aspx
    in a 7.5UK & they feel smaller & tighter.
    My FG have clearly stretched & moulded to my feet with use...just wondering if the sizing has maybe changed over the years...the speciali italia are circa 2001.
    Dont want to wear the SG 1's to try & stretch them when i can sell them on BNIB & try get another pair.
    Also, RE the 1st link i posted....sizing of FG & SG versions of these should fit the same??
    Cheers

24. ThisIs

ThisIs Member

Feb 10, 2010
  25. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    New Releases hitting the pitch this weekend - I think the GT's go on sale today, and the Speciali's and Geo's land on the 18th

Speciali III - Pearlised White / Black / Nectarine

[​IMG]

Speciali III - Black / White / Vivid Blue

[​IMG]