ULTRAS MÖNCHENGLADBACH disband Group after Banners are stolen

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Offebacher, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All, check this out. While I do not entirely agree with their decision, this is the extent that some of our counterparts across the world go to, to honor their colors.

http://forum.borussia.de/viewtopic.php?t=32639&start=0

It reads like this:

Dissolution of the Group ULTRAS MÖNCHENGLADBACH!

Yesterday, 20.March 2008 the Group ULTRAS MÖNCHENGLADBACH has officially disbanded.

It is a sad reality and we would like to eplain in this way (this forum) the facts behind our decision.

In the evening hours after the Home Game against FC St. Pauli, three unidentified youths gained access to our Flagroom in the stadium. They took among other things our Home Game Fence Banner (Trapo). With that the heart of our Group UMG has been handed over to our rivals without a fight.

For us the Fence Flag is the center of our Group: We met at the Flag, we defended the Flag, it was the Focalpoint that represents our Group to outsiders and our dedicated group represented Black-White-Green colors with honor. For us it is inconceivable, to once again stand behind this name as the colors are in the hands of the Enemy.

This step was naturally extremely difficult for us, but in our judgement the only way to go!

We now give ourselves until the end of the season, to find a new way for the Ultra movement in Mönchengladbach. From a loose group of people we became Friends over the last 5 years and that our Archenemy will never destroy.

We will see how the next few weeks in the stadium continue – but to Support in the old form is not doable in our eyes.
    We do not want to abandon the (Fan) Scene or the Team, but it is impossible for us to continue as if nothing happened. We hope the entire Curve can understand our decision in the bitterest hours of the UMG!

We would like to thank all the “Puzzlepieces” that were a part of the whole thing that made up the ULTRAS MÖCHENGLADBACH!

A battle has been lost, but the War is far from over!

On to the Derby Weeks!

Ultras Mönchengladbach im März 2008

So what do you think?

2. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a telling story. I'm curious as to what they plan to do now. Surely they have to do something as the only thing worse than having your banner stolen is letting your rival have the satisfaction of knowing that your group disbanded because your banner was stolen.

3. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yea, but they feel the soul of the group has been taken away with the banner. I understand how they must feel and it tells me we need to protect our gear at all times.
    What I read is that they will continue to go to the games but not as the UMG.

4. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    Here's your famous, here's your famous, here's your famous T-A-E-B!

5. that's why legion 1908 didn't show up on 2007 at both games against chivas usa. but they must show up on superliga cuz that's chivas from mexico... plenty of time to prepare a big surprise :D

6. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the difference between German fans and English fans.

In Germany, they get owned by their rival fans and just give up.

In England, they unite and take care of the problem.

[​IMG]

7. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    whatever!!
    The post from the Ultras does not mean, that they gave up for sure. Maybe they were very disappointed, when their banner was stolen from the rivals. It is probably not the end of the story, just my 02 Cents.
    Ps: pls do not compare us to these english dirtbags ( like in the picture) .Thank you !

8. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, they told us not to trust them thar Commies! Surely, the three unidentified youths were waving a Che flag when they stole that banner...
    ;)

9. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    I wouldn't whine a long time, incase the Inferno steals the YOSHI flag ...:D;)

10. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ULTRAS?!?!

I thought all ULTRAS carried Texican .45's
    [​IMG]

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HELLZ YA!

12. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The funniest reply on a German Fans Board was: "If I would have known this was all it was going to take to get rid of the Ultras, I would have stolen their banner six years ago."

All jokes aside, the accusations over who was responsible have run the gamut between rival groups and the Fan Coordinators are seriously worried that there may be some "discussions" both inside and outside the Arenas. This will be seen next week in primetime as 3rd Place 1. FC Köln takes on 1st Place Borussia Mönchengladbach in the 2BL game of the week. I am sure security will be out in force.