Post-match: Uli Stielike on trial.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by killaorca, Jun 1, 2016.

?

Should we fire him? The prayer to KNT god.

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Wait

17 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i wasnt aware korea was coming off a previously successful world cup campaign. korea right now is a poorly composed team that has gone through 4 terrible managers in a row. you cant turn a ship like this overnight

maybe the soccer gods pity us and korea sneaks into the world cup somehow. but the qualification wouldnt be through the result of beating iran or uzbekistan

2. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    This team is still a lot more talented than Uzbekistan, and I would argue more than Iran too. It's not going to take some miracle to beat either team.

I understand your concern but I personally hate seeing that kind of weak pessimism, at least when it comes to sports. Man up batum, enough of that pussy shit

3. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    It is shame and scandalous. They make money from men's soccer and waste it on women's soccer to enhance the political positions of Hyundai family.

Women's soccer team members love foreign music band members like the infamous Thai boy who got caught drunk-driving. And Korean media try to set them up for date.

Korean women somehow saw those European and American TV shows where ,during WCs, female guests and hosts pick the best looking males among WC squads and often cheer for them over their own national team. And Koreans exactly reproduce those TV shows giggling among themselves to show off how much westernized and modernized they are. They hope for Korean men's jealousy, I mean ballistic jealousy that will enhance this fun festival, but sadly nobody cares because they are butt-ugly hags that most Korean men would gladly hand over to foreigners.

On those naughty European and American TV shows, Black players, White players, Latin players are picked as their potential romantic interests while rather obviously Asian players are excluded, reflecting the cultural norms of American and Western European societies. It is kind of funny that Korean TV shows follow that exactly.

Underneath the superficial surface of harmony Korean men and women are separate nations.
    Korean men's and women's soccer should be separate at least financially as well.

4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    don't jinx it.

5. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    theres no pussy in keeping it real. people who predicted a loss against qatar are not pussies and neither are people that know korea isnt going to the world cup

6. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Being worried is fine. Being "sure" that your team isn't going to make the WC is being a pussy.

7. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Lol wtf

8. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I think previously some posters mentioned about how a win against Qatar would be enough. Most here were confident about winning and rightfully so because Qatar was considered one of the bottom feeders.

Now that Korea lost to Qatar, a win against Iran would be enough? Being in a do or die situation, the Korean offense sometimes actually does create many chances when under high pressure but their defense ( already crappy even at its best ) breaks down at the same time. From the way we know it, Korea is the type of team that can get majority possession and maybe create 15 shots but zero goals while Iran just needs maybe three counterattacks to get a goal. We all know Iran. Yes, Iran isn't assured of a win but Korea-Iran style of play is very obvious.

And I don't agree about China. I know they have a new coach but I don't think he deserves credit for the win against Korea. Look at the other games China has played; they didn't improve much as of yet. Chinese nationalism is the strongest in the world and their players were bent with vituperative passion while playing against the Koreans recently. Or maybe the Koreans let them win to prevent the sentiment from getting worse. I suspect the Chinese to be strongest when playing against the Koreans but weak against all the others. I still tip the odds in the favor of Uzbeks.

9. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    all you guys are in for a big surprise.

That K-League match-fixing scandal was the beginning of a prolonged drought for Korean football.

I predict the national team will never qualify for knockout round of the World Cup until at least World Cup 2030. It is very possible they won't even qualify for a couple between now and 2030.

It seems very obvious that the weak links in today's squad are as weak as they have been since I've been watching. Any team with any quality will be exploiting these obvious weaknesses.

10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #1710 takeuchi, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    So.. in general, it is your pessimistic outlook/opinion.

Also, simple math. If S Korea win vs Iran & Uzbeks lose to China, S Korea qualify. If S Korea win & Uzbeks vs China end in a draw, it still favors S Korea based on GD. S Korea can lose vs Uzbeks & still qualify.

edit - btw, in DO or DIE situation.. it favors Korea. Uzbeks are known to be big chokers in AFC.

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Korea is going to be so shit that they won't even be the top 8 teams in Asia and not make it into the 2026 world cup which consist of 40 teams :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
    *cough* bullshit *cough*

LeeSeungWoo, aeh1991 and chook90 repped this.
  12. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    How many World Cups are there between now and 2030? It is very possible that they will miss out on at least one, especially 2022, because there is every sign that the national team has been trying in vain to rebuild since PJS has retired. I haven't seen a defense as brittle since Korea got thrashed by the Czech Republic. And we all know what happened after that.

13. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    chook90 and kllaorca can't seem to make up their minds.

The above post was repped by Hidori and killaorca.

14. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    :ROFLMAO:

A bit bipolar are we?

15. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    "Mourinho will be sacked before the end of the season"

- Rob Brighton

16. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Liverpool had a net transfer spend of £0.51m last summer, and they finished fourth.

Manchester United had a net spend of £151.77m last summer, and they finished sixth.

Chelsea had a net spend of roughly half of what Manchester United had and still won the title.

Everton had a negative net transfer spend and finished only one place lower than Manchester United.

This means Mourinho was an unmitigated failure.

17. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yes I said that it may not be an exaggeration to say that Korea is the worst team in Group A right now. At this point in World Cup Qualifiers.

I saw how KNT have been playing throughout round 3. It was uninspiring to say the least. But it doesn't mean I think Korea will slip below Asia's top 8 between now and 2030 or that I can foresee the future to be certain that current poor form will continue onto 2019-2022.

killaorca repped this.
  18. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    But was he sacked before the end of the season?

:thumbsup:

19. Yayasanogo

Yayasanogo Member

Mexico
    Aug 12, 2017
    #1719 Yayasanogo, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    I am not convinced by Shin so far, I too was impressed by Anthony Hudson at the confederations cup against Mexico. Korean press seemed impressed also?..
    http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/06/25/2017062500116.html

Translation:
    It was unusual. The person who applauded also hesitated. Then he said "Thank you" and left. The main character of the applause is Anthony Hudson, New Zealand head coach. The reason for the applause was 'pride'.

Hudson, who was at the press conference after the game, was dignified. "Our players usually do not have much opportunity to play against teams from Portugal, Mexico and Russia," he said. "I did not give up, but I do not care" he said, "but I think that our players have focused to score goals and made chances.

In fact, until they allowed a penalty kick in the 33rd minute, New Zealand played well against Portugal. After allowing the goal, he was offensive. Hudson was chasing the goal with an aggressive substitution. Nevertheless, Hudson was dignified. "If we locked after the first goal, we would have been able to avoid heavier deafeat, which is very easy, but we wanted to score, we played for a win, it is not a shame at all."

Hudson said, "All the players, including Marinovic, the goalkeeper, are doing well." "We will play again for the World Cup next year and we will make it to the World Cup and we will come to Russia next year."

It would be interesting to get young foreign managers for the KNT.

chook90 repped this.
  20. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    chook90 repped this.
  21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    4 wins in China and he seems to think that he was too underappreciated. :rolleyes:
    We wouldn't suck that much if the stupid KFA had appointed a better manager from the beginning, senile man! The weather was nice tho.

Seol Korea repped this.
  22. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Basically he is not wrong : The players have been awful and have seemed demotivated (since 2012), no wish to fight on the pitch. People should admit that, it is the first step to the recovery.
    The Stielike's bashing is both pointless and useless now, he is doing the job in China atm while we suck more and more.

23. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1723 ChaDuRi671, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Why are these journalists still giving Stielike a platform?

This is the same senile dude who was on his way of eliminating us from the World Cup. Loss to Qatar & gave China a historic win over us before he got sacked. Not to mention how he struggled against war-torn countries like Syria.

Also, those Naver comments. :ROFLMAO: I know the KFA/Hiddink debacle is serious, but please talk some fcukin sense. We don't need this man and his tactics were non-existant/his call-ups never made any sense. If you're one of those Korea FC fans that show up every 4 years for the WC or when there is a hot issue with the KFA/Korean football then please just go back to watching baseball and playing LoL/Overwatch.

chook90, LeeSeungWoo, Hodori and 3 others repped this.
  24. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do the Chinese have him on trial now?

25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1725 Seol Korea, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    You can argue about the players regression, but he has done absolutely nothing to pick the team back up on its feet let alone warrant from stating such garbage comment. After all, he was the man responsible for putting our team head on to a clear path in nearly crashing out of the WC, so it's even more ironic that he's still coming off this cocky, as if managing to 4 consecutive victories out of 5 games in grease land is something to feel relevance of/something to brag about. Also, if he clearly understood the Hiddink/KFA debacle or the public's sentiment in wanting Hiddink's return, then he wouldn't be saying such a thing, because the public isn't hoping for nor wanting Hiddink to pull off another miracle of a 2002 WC repeat in the first place.

It's absolutely beyond me as to why the moronic 기레기 even bothered to meet up with the senile fraud to discuss the issue in the first place since: 1. Our situation is non of his concern/he's irrelevant to us, 2. It's a complete waste of plane ticket, flight, and time, 3. Hardly even news worthy.

chook90, aeh1991, Hodori and 1 other person repped this.