Post-match: Uli Stielike on trial.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by killaorca, Jun 1, 2016.

?

Should we fire him? The prayer to KNT god.

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Wait

17 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Good to see my thread is going strong.

Marco91 repped this.
  4. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    You are very naive if you think Jung Monggyu will fire him. You need to know Korean culture to understand why some old men act the way they do.

They are very subservient to Japanese even if on exterior they act the opposite. They love Japan so much they want to overcome it and at times they look anti-Japan because of it. Whenever there is a difference between Korea and Japan they feel ashamed and want to emulate Japan as much as possible.

They think Japan is honorable in trusting their NT coaches and want to prove Korea can act the same way. Jung Mongyu is a little twat nothing else. In his mind the following "beautiful" scenario is the only future.

Jung Mongyu's dream
    <
    Stielike is criticized by everyone and it looks as if he will be the first NT manager failing to qualify for the WC in 32 yearss. Yet Jung, the gr~~~~eat man, sees another gr~~~eat man(Shitlike) for what he is and lends him support in the most difficult time. Shitlike miraculously manages to qualify for the WC and brings KNT to the final 8 or even the semi. Everyone now is ashamed that he crapped on Jung and Shitlike, and praises Jung as a great man. Japanese, in particular, say to him "You are a Josenjin and Chong but you are almost a Japanese". Jung feels greatly honored.

The scale of his personality and integrity is now shown to the Korean public and Hyundai family recognizes it and gives him higher responsibility in the Hyundai conglomerate. After his successful career in FIFA he runs for Mayor of Seoul and later becomes President of Korea.>

It is corny but you would not believe how these Harvard and Oxford graduates can be corny. That is because they are never physics or math majors. They always major in Bu11 Sh1t fields like political science or MBA etc. In other words their academic career is far too flattering on surface compared to their real intelligence level.

5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    That made absolutely zero sense...

GoYoungrokba, skim172, doraemon and 2 others repped this.
  6. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i dont see a universe where this guy manages korea in the world cup (either he fails to qualify or is let go before) so i suppose thats a positive

Seol Korea and chook90 repped this.
  7. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    It's going to be:

Qatar (June 13), Uzbek vs Iran
    Iran (Aug 31), Uzbek vs China
    Uzbekistan (Sep 5)

Uzbek plays Iran June 12, while we get last placed Qatar. If they win/draw and we lose/draw I feel Uli goes.

8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Currently a hot topic discussion going around - Stielike's questionable mentality. In the quoted picture above that I've posted a few months ago, is a capture of Stielike's reply to the media's questioning of the 6-1 loss to Spain during a friendly match 2016/06/01. He's quoted saying:

"Even if we're to play with 5 Goal Keepers and 6 defenders vs Spain, we're still a losing team."

"Spain is team that's in a far more different class/level than us. I don't know if we'll even be able to beat Spain within the next 20 years."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Hoe-taek, International Friendly 1990/02/22: Korea 1-1 Spain
    Kim Ho, 1994 FIFA World Cup USA: Korea 2-2 Spain
    Gus Hiddink, 2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan: Korea 0-0(5 PK 3) Spain
    Huh Jung-moo, International Friendly 2010/06/03: Korea 0-1 Spain

We're definitely no world beater, but can't necessarily say that we won't manage to even get our first win vs Spain within the next 20 years or so.

killaorca repped this.
  9. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    so how exactly is he helping lol

Seol Korea repped this.
  10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, that's the irony of 100% of his piss-poor media skills; says one thing or another but hasn't done shit about improving/helping.

11. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I will forgive Uli of all of his transgressions if he gives us the 2017 EAFF Cup.

12. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    #1563 killaorca, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    bump, people that voted no should change it to yes.
    BTW, I bet you after Stielike is sacked, he'll say some butt hurt comments about us. Just watch.

chook90, DHMGKorea, soul24rage and 3 others repped this.
  14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I'm still piss at the KFA fckers. Why the hell did they risk keeping Stielike when the team has been heading to a downward spiral. What made them think Stielike will turn things around???

chook90, DHMGKorea, soul24rage and 2 others repped this.
  15. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Their inabilities

16. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    The KFA is a joke of an organization that's run behind closed doors by a bunch of clueless old men. It's not the 80s anymore. Football in Korea is big enough where it doesn't need a bunch of idiotic businessmen and chaebols meddling in positions where they don't belong. Get the Hyundai family and the KFA old guard out of this organization so we can have some real elections and grassroots administration from real footballers. The KFA NEEDS more transparency and accountability.

killaorca repped this.
  17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Wish someone like Lee Yongpyo and Park Jisung got in charge. I wouldn't even mind Cha Bumkun.

18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Looks like Le Guen might be heading to Bursaspor. Fcuking KFA, for every time they stall, another decent name gets taken away.

zdrstvte and chook90 repped this.
  19. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    People are so naive. Chung Mongkyu is the real culprit. He does not care about Korean football; he just uses his office to further his career in AFC and FIFA and ultimately Korean politics. He chairs the AFC referee committee and Korea get more bad calls from the referees since his appointment.

Why? he won't do sh1t because all he wants is to be a good boy to AFC arabs who may hand out a few FIFA and AFC positions.

Also he wants to be seen as the "big man" who trusts "his men" to the end.
    This mentality may be hard to understand for oversea Koreans or foreigners, but it is a cultural thing pervading Korean organized crime syndicates which big corporations emulate.

He will have to fire Stielike this time but he will eschew any reference to his responsibility in this debacle. People should hold a candlelight vigil to throw him out as well.

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I suppose you came off from reading that Jung Mong-kyu rejected Lee Yong-soo's proposal to sack Stielike back in April?

"축구협회는 지난 4월 슈틸리케 감독을 경질하려고 했다. 당시 한국은 중국 원정에서 0-1로 패한 뒤 시리아를 1-0으로 간신히 꺾은 직후였다. 이용수 기술위원장이 경질을 결정한 뒤 정몽규 축구협회장에게 보고했지만 정 회장은 이를 거부했다. 그러나 지금 같은 상황 속에서 정 회장이 슈틸리케 감독을 한 번 더 지지하기는 힘들어 보인다. 이용수 위원장도 함께 자리에서 물러날 것으로 전망된다."

GoYoungrokba repped this.
  21. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    No, I read that in April. I suspected who Jung was even before that. Read what I have been writing about Jung. People just say "fire Shitlike and Yongsu" but they don't really know the real bad guy. They think Jung's position in AFC and FIFA will bring something good so they want him to stay but they are very mistaken.

The three stooges, Shitlike, Yongsu and Mongkyu should go at once.

22. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    The real story was that the advisory committee recommended to fire Shitlike but Lee Yongsoo, the chair of that committe, was opposed to it. He managed to convince other members to be on his side and reported to Jung as the committee being half and half. Jung took Lee's side.

23. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

24. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shaking my head at the 26.7% and 17.8% votes for "no" and "wait" respectively.

This better be result of negligence (as I understand it's pointless to even express votes to sack this Shithead-- it's obviously yes at this point) rather than genuine support for keeping Shitlicker.

25. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mr stielike made history with korean football by losing to qatar in 33 years and losing to china for the first time in a competitive match.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.