Post-match: Uli Stielike on trial.

Discussion in 'Korea' started by killaorca, Jun 1, 2016.

?

Should we fire him? The prayer to KNT god.

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Wait

17 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Lol I don't know if Enes be a good choice for PR reason imo. But I saw his instagram posts and he's a fan of FC Seoul. He should know football.

2. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    We dream about Gunes but I fear that the KFA guys are too pussy to hire a foreign manager. So it might be Shin tae Yong vs Kim Hak Bum vs the shitty rest.

chook90 repped this.
  3. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I doubt Gunes will take the risk right now. It'd be much better for both sides if we go for him after 2018.

chook90 repped this.
  4. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Take your pick:

1. Claudio Ranieri
    2, Şenol Güneş
    3, Luiz Felipe Scolari
    4, Paul Le Guen
    5. Juande Ramos
    6. Eric Gerets
    7. 슈근혜

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Apparently, there's a rumor that Klinsmann is interested in the KNT job, and the push came from Cha Bum-kun lol.

chook90, killaorca and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  6. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Don't know if German temperament meshes with Koreans esp given current shiho le situation we are in. We need someone with some fire in the belly

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    LOL NOOO

Seol Korea repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    i'll go with gunes

Seol Korea, hanul21 and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  9. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Senol Günes, L F Scolari, Paul Le Guen

Senol Gunes

Like:

Of the managers on that shortlist, Gunes has the most real experience working with Korean football (FC Seoul). Though more than a decade has passed, in 2002 World Cup Gunes led Turkey to the 3rd place. He also has had success in European level club football. He seems to be the type of manager who can bring positive changes to a team with given resources, although I am not sure how fast he can bring those changes.

Concern:

It's been a while since Gunes worked in Korea. I do not know how much he kept tabs on Korean football. However, there is a possibility that he has maintained his interest in Korean football and tracked the career development of now-Euro-based players he used to work with in FC Seoul (KSY, LCY,PCY) and the state of national team. Does he have enough know-how to make us into top team in AFC? How has his career progressed since mid 2000s? Did he keep up with contemporary international football?

Luiz Felipe Scolari

Like:

His success at international level is indisputable imo. Yes he did work with top teams, but I don't think that should reduce his pedigree significantly. He also has experience working with top clubs in Europe, Brazil, and Asia.

Concern:

Not a problem of him per se, but I am not sure if KFA can afford to hire him. Based on the staff at Guangzhou and Brazil, it seems Scolari likes to bring his assistants and associates (can KFA afford all of them?). Can he bring immediate changes necessary to team at level of KNT? After working with the likes of Brazil and Portugal?

Paul Le Guen

Like:

Success with French club football (consecutive championships, also believe that he pulled a struggling club up to top position). Experience working with top-level clubs. Relative to other top managers on the shortlist, PLG has good international experience with Cameroon and Oman. Qualified Oman to AC 2015. Not enough information on his past salary, but he seems like the type that prioritizes unique job experience than salary (rejected top flight offers in favor of working in Asia).

Concern:

He has not worked in east Asia. Maybe I should cut him some slack for having worked with Oman (and for what it's worth, probably analyzed Korea ahead of Asian Cup). Will he find interest in working with KNT? Can he bring immediate changes?

Honorable Mentions:

Juande Ramos: Prestigious world-class manager with plenty of experience. But none at international football. Maybe it won't matter, maybe it will. Probably too costly for KFA also.

Eric Geretz: Success in European club football (mostly Belgium it seems). Worked in Asia. International experience with Morocco in CAF. Mixed success there it seems.

Ranieri: Doubt he's interested in coming to KNT at this point in his career. Has had a long career in Italy and recently worked miracle with the historic win of Leicester City FC. But he was fired from the very fairy-tale club due to poor results and had similar fate while working with Greece NT.

10. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    When is Gunes' contract up at Besiktas?

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1511 Seol Korea, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    May 30th I believe, or when the season's over in May.

doraemon repped this.
  12. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Either STY becomes manager or Stielike stays on.

chook90 and Tiger12 repped this.
  13. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's my thought too. STY is the only qualified for this position for this kind of shitty situation that we have.

14. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    It's not too late to hire a legit manager, but this is the KFA we be talking bout. They're so predictable it's gonna be STY

chook90 repped this.
  15. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    It wont be STY. The WC doesnt even end till 6/11.

16. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Lucky number seven :rolleyes:

chook90 repped this.
  17. Tiger12

Tiger12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    100% agree with everyone here regarding Steilike, but the players regressed quite of bit too.

18. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    STY was adamantly opposed to taking the post especially during this turmoil for very good reasons. Watching HMB during his tenure being numero uno. He took his hat out of the circle early. He ain't stupid and that's why Stielike is still here. Those international manager choices are further away than some here might want to admit.

This is a shit circus we are being witness to.

jessypjs and chook90 repped this.
  19. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Agreed. The core veterans are all mentally frail and that can't be pinned on what's his face.

20. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Besides KSY, LCY is half-dead, KJC still seems like a 22 yr old kid trying to make it in Bundesliga. JDW still reminds me of a prospect with people yelling in my ear how good he's gonna be. SHM temper tantrum cry baby. I get leadership vibes from KTH but probably cuz he has the old school vibe but he's half blind and is like 40 yrs old.

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    kwon chang hoon showed a lot of promise I feel, if he can keep it up I can see him as our no.10. He's not as physically weak as I thought which can be useful, and he doesn't lose the ball.

If I was going to create my starting XI (only mid and fw):

SHM-JDW
    KCH
    XXX-KJC
    KSY

The XXX needs to be a player with good stamina, can dribble, pass the ball vertically, decent defence and retrieving the ball, dynamic and doesn't lose the ball, physical workhorse.

I watched Jeonnam vs Pohang and I was pretty impress with Han Chanhee, there was something about him and the way he carried himself. I thought he was head-and-shoulder above everyone on that pitch when it came to natural talent. Maybe we can try him on.

22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    that's asking a lot from a country of caliber of Korea. Best I can think of is LJS, who is currently injured.

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Or Lee Myung Joo

24. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he'll probably flop once given a chance.

25. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He'll at least do better than Ko Myung Jin.

Marco91 and chook90 repped this.