PBP: Ukraine vs France: June 15 - Donbass Arena [R]

Discussion in 'Group D - Ukraine, Sweden, France, England' started by JaredSS07, Jun 12, 2012.

1. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    Ukraine vs France
    June 15, 18.00 CET
    Donbass Arena

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This game worries me the most. I am hoping for something like 1:1.

3. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Do you support France or the Ukraine? I was just commenting to my brother that it was at this very same Donbass Arena that France beat Ukraine 4-1 ina friendly last June. I know that Ukraine have the wind at their backs after their win versus Sweden last night, but France should still able to take all three points. Andrii Shevchenko looks rejuvenated, but at 35 years of age, there is only so much that he can still offer to his countrymen. The key to a France victory will be to score an early goal which will silence what is sure to be a very vocal crowd, and to ensure that people like Ribery, Malouda(if he plays), Benzema, and Nasri play as a unit. Having M'Vila back in central midfield will be a major boost. If Blanc doesn't include Ben Arfa in the starting line-up, then he needs to give him around 30 minutes in the second half to be an impact substitute. His speed and trickery can wreak havoc on the Ukrainian defence. I don't think their players will be able to keep up with him...

4. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That match was at 1-1 after 86 minutes, so the final scoreline was a bit harsh to Ukraine and should not confuse anyone. This was a closely-fought friendly encounter, in which both teams were employing experimental rosters.

The two times France visited Ukraine for an official match the teams drew. 0-0 in 1999 (Euro 2000 Qualification) and 2-2 in 2007 (Euro 2008 Qualification).

5. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm aware of that. That 4-1 victory was perhaps France's best performance in the Blanc era, in my opinion. Games against Eastern European competition are never easy, especially away from home. I do feel that France are superior to Ukraine both in terms of experience and technical ability, and provided that Blanc gets his tactics right, Les Bleus should walk away with all three points...

6. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I do not think anyone can "walk away with all three points" against Ukraine in Kyiv. France are a better team and should, perhaps, win but they are not walking away with three points. They will have to fight for them. France never "walked away with three points" in Kyiv.

Maybe "walking away with three points" means something totally different to you than it does to me?

7. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    By "walking away" I mean emerge victorious. I too expect it to be a hard fought game...

8. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really excited to see this one. I love an underdog, but I know how tough the French are...

1:1 tie, Shevchenko scrapping his way a little closer to a Golden Boot!

9. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nobody's gonna walk over the Ukraine.

But France walking away from a hard-fought game with a victory is what I see in the future. Blanc's France is in my book the 4th-likeliest side to lift the trophy. They're quality.

10. LivescoreX

LivescoreX New Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I agree no one can walk over Ukraine on their field but still I think Ukraine will have lot of problems in this match. Not that hey are not good in attack I doubt theire defense. I find one good betting tip for this match and I agree with him in short:
    If Ukraine have lot of problems defending Ibrahimovic that was attacking alone most of time how they wil cope with Benzema, Ribery, Nasri 90 minutes?

11. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Ukraine don't win tonight, then we will go into the final round of games with not a single team guaranteed a place in the quarterfinals so far, can you believe it? Really looking forward to this game, as well as the final round of matches. Enjoy the thrills why it lasts though.. next Euro we go to 24 teams and third place teams going through so it won't be as exciting..

12. Michael Brownrigg

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Would love to see Ukraine sink the France from an English point of view - because hopefully that would be their only upset of the tournament!

13. Falcon_11

Falcon_11 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think this will be another 1-1, same as Sweden-England..
    It doesn't make any sense.. 16 teams is perfect for a euro. And I've never liked the idea of a nr.3 going to the 2nd round.

14. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Anyone wants to predict the final score for this one?

15. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    wow , insane rain + lightning = ref had to suspend it

16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The game has been stopped because of the weather.

17. LovingPortugal

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That thunder was impressive.

18. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone recall a match in a major tourney being suspended by weather? Scratching my head at the moment . . . .

Wonder what the logistics will allow.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    That pitch is going to need some time to drain. Right now it's a pool. I think the ref suspended it only when the lightning started. I guess there may be always a chance of a bolt reaching the open pitch.

PS: Tymoschuk and Ribéry chatting in the tunnel, dripping wet. Funny moment.

20. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have got to be kidding me!

EDIT: 8pm local (1pm EDT) at the absolute earliest.

21. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    awesome , all the fans are dancing and having fun :D

22. gummy-bear83

gummy-bear83 Member

May 24, 2010
    Piombino, Tuscany.
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    omg what a thunderstorm! the match won't restart until the rain intensity doesn't get lower...

23. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    they just announced they will suspend it for 40min and decide afterwards what happens

24. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can play in the rain. It all depends on lightning moving out and pitch conditions.

25. LovingPortugal

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That was cool. :D