UK Viewers: Libertadores on Channel 4

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by learysi, Jun 4, 2005.

1. learysi

learysi New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    reading, uk
    At last some proper coverage of the Copa Libertadores for British viewers!
    Channel 4 are showing extended highlights of some of the games. Last night was Atl Paranaense v Santos, tonight it's Chivas v Boca. Last week they showed Sao Paulo v Palmeiras (awful game).
    Shame they didn't show the group phase but at least we'll be able to see the finals.

2. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    Wow, I think thats real good news. I'm not in Europe, but I think this will be a great opportunity for Europeans to truly become fans of Latin soccer. Is there a rule that it only has to be a one-way avenue from South America to Europe?

I was always a fan of European soccer, never much a fan for Latin club soccer... UNTIL I started learning about the tradition of South American teams and then watching the emotion in Copa Libertadores elimination stages. Now, I seriously believe that Copa Libertadores (the elimination stages) is a much better quality than UEFA Champions League. However, UEFA CL is claimed as more exciting because of all the media hype, money, and show put into the torney. They're both great though.

Will you get the chance to the complete semi-final matches of the Copa Libs in the UK? We might possibly see Brazil's top 2 teams, Argentina's top team (River), and Mexico's second top team. It will be amazing.