UFC 113 machida vs Shogun [R]

Discussion in 'MMA' started by SportsGuru, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Main card:

205 lbs.: Lyoto Machida (C) vs. Mauricio Rua - for UFC LHW Championship
    170 lbs.: Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley
    155 lbs.: Sam Stout vs. Jeremy Stephens
    265 lbs.: Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione
    185 lbs.: Patrick Côté vs. Alan Belcher

Under card:

185 lbs.: Tim Credeur vs. Tom Lawlor
    170 lbs.: Marcus Davis vs. Jonathan Goulet
    170 lbs.: T.J. Grant vs. Johny Hendricks
    265 lbs.: Joey Beltran vs. Chad Corvin
    170 lbs.: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Mike Guymon
    185 lbs.: Nick Catone vs. John Salter

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: UFC 113 machida vs Shogun

Decent card. The Main Event is the real deal. Expect it to be another close decision.

3. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

Looking forward to this one. The main should be good, as should Daley/Koscheck.

The Countdown on Spike TV for this one is pretty good - you should all check it out if possible.

4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali

I found this video from MaXxed Footie Forums & will share it w/ you. It's totally hilarious:
    [ame="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd3tdk_hitler-reacts-to-ufc-113-machida-vs_shortfilms"]Dailymotion - Hitler reacts to UFC 113 Machida vs Shogun - a Film & TV video@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video@@AMEPARAM@@video[/ame]

5. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've all watched the show by now, right?

6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I have & would love to discuss. So much happened on Sat. nite. Good stories all around.

7. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    A lot to talk about, but not much good... I thought it was an average show. The main event was kind of anti-climatic.

8. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I don't know. Daley was a win away from a title shot. Now he is out of the UFC. Kimbo??? Is underachiever a good enough word??? Shogun??? Man, watchout!!! I don't who can beat him at the moment. There was some other good fights too. I think I am about to run off now to grab the latest addition of Maxim. Arianny is the covergirl
    [​IMG]

9. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've added an [R] so we can discuss.

-- While I totally get Daley's being cut - sucker-punching after the bell is cowardly and not the image MMA wants to project - it definitely seems like a double-standard when they're about to bring in Jake Shields. Maybe Dana doesn't care because he's trying to screw Strikeforce, but he's not being consistent.

-- Koscheck going back and forth with GSP on a whole season of TUF will be fun.

-- Kimbo, quite frankly, isn't good enough at this point to hang in the Heavyweight division - Mitrione has improved, but isn't a world-beater or anything. And at 36, will Kimbo get there before his physical skills start to fade? They've already gotten some ratings out of him.

-- All hail Shogun. Now, let's see how Rampage/Rashad goes to determine his #1 contender.

-- On that note, 5 of the last 7 Light-Heavy title fights have resulted in a title change. I'm just saying.

10. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I guess thats what I mean. A lot of the things to talk about are negative... Daley's dumb ass, Kimbo's confirmed suckiness, and an interesting fighter like Machida getting put to sleep. Just left a sour taste in my mouth...