UEFA Women's under 17/19 Championship

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Lusankya, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #726 Batfink, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    Don't play innocent here... until I highlighted it, you didn't even know this was her first time with the U-17's, or that she was a 15 yo either; and as usual your need to criticize is laced with so much hypocrisy, it's ridiculous for me to masquerade what your doing here is anything like a reasonable analysis of an individuals ability.

There's an entire section in this thread where you talk about the unrecognizable three year development in a completely one dimensional U-19 Blackstenius, but can't even recognize the attributes/differences a 15 yo Bühl's style of play provides her team, vs what a more direct Sanders playing style #9 does for her team.

I've previously made it clear that I thought a forward like Oshoala receiving a golden ball was a complete joke given the obvious limitations in her game, but you chose to call out Bühl for increasingly patchy reasoning that went from supposedly not being as tactically mature as Gwinn (a winger), to not being effective enough within a team work ethic, even though Germany created double the chances of every one of it's opponents in Belarus..:confused:
    Huh... lol. England's attack couldn't get past Linder in any 1v1 encounter, with their first three pass sequence of the match resulting in a counter attack goal, due to Germany losing the ball in mid-field transition, as Linder was seeking to join the attack and found here self out of position for the one and only time in the match.

In a game you think they were "outmuscled in basically every physical confrontation", Germany out shot England 25-10 lol; and even if both teams took all their best chances, the score would have been closer to 8-4, making a complete mockery of the idea this game was ever close on issues of basic athleticism. The final scoreline didn't reflect the general play here...

2. newage

newage Red Card

Sep 25, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Interesting draw

gricio61 and debzy repped this.
  3. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Indeed. It looks like a better draw for Norway than last year when we were grouped with Spain, Germany and England.

4. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    @Batfink ,so according to you I'm nothing more than an incorrigible Germany's hater....:ROFLMAO:
    :ROFLMAO::speechless::speechless:....Let's just stop here it's getting ridiculous.

Yes very interesting indeed:thumbsup:.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, i'm just crazy as there's never been any other examples of this possibly taking place... cough, cough... the 2013 women's Euro's...:whistling:
    In a non WC qualification year, I bet they'll be some surprise results here; but won't this also be the last chance for a few names from France, Spain, Germany, to make their nations future U-20 rosters...?

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Spoke with FFF, they are well aware that players release for U20 World Cup is not compulsory and compromise has to be reached.

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  7. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So Euro U19 is happening in Slovakia these days, eight teams qualify for the final tournament and were divided in two groups, and here is how the group stage ended .
    Group A: France 6 pts, Netherlands 6 pts, Norway 4 pts, Slovakia 1 pt .
    Group B: Spain 9 pts, Switzerland 6 pts, Germany 3 pts, Austria 0 pt.

The semi-final will be:
    France vs Switzerland ; Spain vs Netherlands . Both games to be played on July 28th

Goalscorers so far:
    1) Katoto (fra), Roord (neth) 4 goals
    3 ) N. Garcia (spa), L. Garcia (spa), Zehnder (swi) 3 goals

My thoughts:
    No big surprise so far, Spain is massive favorite having the best attack (10 goals scored) and best defense (0 conceited) so far, plus their group is the same vice-world champion two years ago.....curiosity Spain only have one Euro U19 title ,won in 2004, for five final played...
    France as I said not long ago has a very talented squad, our 96' and 97' will be the core of les Blueues very soon and Marie-Antoinette Katoto may be THAT lethal striker we were wainting for a very long time.
    Germany's team as I said to the Germans here...btw where are they gone?..lol....wasn't impressive at all two years ago so they being eliminated in group stage is no a surprise at all....

8. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    It should read Norway 3 pts and Slovakia 0. This match was abandoned because of rain. Since France and Netherlands got the easy obtainable result (2-1) both teams needed to progress, there was no need to replay Nor-Slo.

debzy and blissett repped this.
  9. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Semi-final results:

France - Switzerland : 3-1 ; Mateo 2x, Katoto / Reuteler
    Spain - Netherlands : 4-3 ; Sandra Hernandez 3x, Cazalla / Admiraal, Roord, Hendriks

Final :
    Spain vs France

I saw the France's semi and I didn't really like our team performance, yes we have a trememdous forward line, and a striker hungry to score...something very new on French football...but our passing abilities and many tactical/technical mistakes really annoyed me. We were down one to nil at half time against a just above average Swiss team, and the introduction of Clara Mateo, one of France most interesting new faces, changed the game....Some will congratulate coach Eyquem for this but imho once again he get the starting eleven completely wrong....point of view.
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the second semi-final but Sandra Hernandez scoring three goals doesn't surprise me at all, she's the most talented teenage CM worldwide extraordinary talent and Spain are surper favorite to win the trophy .

Notes: this will be Spain third Euro U19 final in a row, and they lost the two precedent...
    The final is on Sunday.

10. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    FINAL result:

France - Spain : 2-1 ; Geyoro, Katoto / Lucia Garcia

CHAMPIONNES!!!! Yes we made it , France is European Under 19 champions for the fourth times!!
    In a game which will be remember for a very long time because of the UEFA decison (in agreement with both federation) to play in a waterlogged pitch were frankly to play football was impraticable....Anyway, what is done is done so FRANCE won!!!
    The game went as expected, Spain dominating hanks to their superb passing abilities but too slow they couldn't break France's strong resistance and a not so inspired Sandra Hernandez, a very wasteful Nahikari Garcia (what a miss:eek:) and the rest of the team unable to match France physicality.....were the reason the Iberian won their third final in the row.
    I really liked France , yes we were dominated but we knew we couldn't match the Spaniard tiki taka but our girls were focus enough to make it useless...also helped by the weather I have to say....but what I really love was the fact that finally France SEIZE THE MOMENT......USA arguably the all-time best nation in women's soccer won so many games because they better than anyone knows how to do it...same with Germany's victory in Europe...to seize the moment is the difference between strong and top teams, glad France new generation was able to do it, very encouraging for the future.
    Last but not least Marie-Antoinette Katoto is top scorer of the competition with six goals, she succeed to Blackstenius (2015), Miedema (2014) and Bremer (2013) all scored 6 goals also...not a bad company.
    FRANCE 2016 UNDER 19 CHAMPION.
    [​IMG]

gricio61, Bleed Blue and blissett repped this.
  11. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    omg poor Spain... =-( Boo.

12. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    What a miss at the end. That will haunt her for a long time. The same player also missed a PK, right? Not a good day for her.

blissett repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I edit this to: "...were the reason why the Iberian lost their their third final in a row". ;)

debzy repped this.
  14. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    This match was played in some SERIOUS weather.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gricio61 and debzy repped this.
  15. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    This was a great match:

gricio61, Bleed Blue and debzy repped this.
  16. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  17. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    We have our new Global Masked Murderer.

[​IMG]

18. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  19. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks! I didn't realized it...Anyway, alking about the "absurdity" to continue the game despite the pitch condition, we have to say this was the decision of both federation in agreement with UEFA...in my opinion mostly because FFF and RFEF already booked flight, hotels etc...and they certainly didn't want to pay more or to lose money...

gricio61 repped this.
  20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #745 shlj, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    The 2016/17 qualification have already started at U17 and U19 levels.

U17

Qualifying round :

The top two in each group and the third-placed team with the best record against the leading pair in their section accompany top seeds Spain into the 24-team elite round draw on 11 November.

Elite round

In the elite round next spring, the six group winners and the runners-up with the best record against the sides first and third in their section join hosts the Czech Republic in the finals from 2–14 May.

U19

Qualifying round

The qualifying round, played in September, is made up of 11 groups of four teams playing in one-venue mini-tournaments. The group winners plus the ten runners-up with the best record against the teams first and third in their section advancing to the elite round alongside three nations given byes, seeds France, England and Germany.

Elite round

In the elite round, played in April, those 24 teams go into six mini-tournament groups of four. The group winners and the runners-up with the best record against the sides first and third in their pool join the hosts at the finals.

Final tournament: 820 August, Northern Ireland

At the final tournament the contenders are split into two groups of four, the top two progressing to the semis, with the final to follow. In odd-numbered years the competition acts as a qualifier for the following year's FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup (ie the 2017 EURO will lead to the 2018 World Cup).

flax and blissett repped this.
  21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    At U19 level there is a curious situation in Group 4 as the top two teams Serbia and Scotland did not play their decisive game as the Scottish players and coaching staff got sick. Probably food poisoning.

It made the Serbian press who said the Scottish girls were drunk and hangover and the Scottish FA actually made a statement due to the Scottish press starting to spread the rumours from Serbia.

gricio61 repped this.
  22. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #747 shlj, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    I see Bremmer is in the Germany U20 World Cup squad, Batfink was right all the way ... http://www.dfb.de/u-20-frauen/team-und-trainer/?no_cache=1

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    do you mean Bremmer is NOT on the squad? Also missing from their team(from reading the Bundesliga threat) are Schuler, Gasper & Rauch, 3 top talents currently in the league

24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes, my post was full of irony. Obviously, the DFB had to follow the FIFA regulations. I know the FFF worked hard to secure the players release for the tournament.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, problem with your rather weak gloating though, is that Germany's latest U-20 squad has a lot more than one (more like 5) curious omissions here, in a year the senior team decided to go an Olympic's and leave Bremer at home, all in view of her supposedly taking a leadership role with the U-20's in their next WC tournament...:confused:

So I'm not the only person to follow the German scene finding this recent U-20 news rather perplexing, as names like Freigang (the long time U-19/20 captain), Schüller, Rauch, Schwalm, Gasper, and Bremer, have been significantly better performers at higher levels than various names randomly chosen by Meinert for this latest WC effort.

I mean, for a solid U-19 team simply lacking goals, knowing Germany have chosen to omit 6 established creative/attacking talents from their latest U-20 squad is crazy; Oh, and this prior to the recent news Nina Ehegötz just tore her ACL too.