UEFA Women's Champions League 2018/19

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by pauley, Jun 9, 2018.

1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    Today is final day, or soon it will be.

UEFA's match stream is currently available in some countries - most of Africa/Asia/Oceania, plus in Canada, Ireland, the UK and a few others

Geoblock map on Polsy.org.uk:
    View attachment 153927

TV coverage list:
    https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/news/newsid=2605036.html (Archived)

This is the first stand-alone Women's Champions League final, in a separate week and country from the men's final. The last time was the home-and-away final of the 2009 UEFA Women's Cup, Duisburg v Perm.

Not sure why there's a match preview on the money-hungry Forbes.com. Maybe women's football will make the big bucks after all. The site has probably also deemed Lieke Martens the 7th most influential baller in the money biz, or some nonsense.

Previous meetings, in the 2017/18 quarter-final:

Lyon 2 - 1 Barcelona, 1st leg
    https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/videos/711594/olympique-lyon-v-fc-barcelona-women-all-to-play-for-2-1

FC Barcelona - O. Lyonnais (0-1), agg 1-3
    - youtube.com/watch?v=ppvKgnBARIY
    [​IMG]

puyol, blissett and L'orange repped this.
  2. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Annoying that I don't think it will be possible to watch this game in the U.S. I'm pulling for Barcelona but think that Lyon will probably win again as it has more attacking talent than Barca--and Barca will be without Hamraoui, its good (French) holding midfielder. I'm not too familiar with Barca's personnel, but I have to think that the Spanish side is going to miss Hamraoui's physical presence in front of the back line.

blissett repped this.
  3. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa

L'orange repped this.
  4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The stadium is nice. Press conference were boring to be honest.

Attached Files:

blissett and sbahnhof repped this.
  5. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Many thanks!

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope Italian TV will broadcast the match, but, since there is no Italian team or player involved, I am not holding my breath.

Apperently, judging from this list, the match will be brodcast in Italy by Sky Italia, that's a pay-TV (that I didn't subscribe to), so I doubt it will be possible for me watching it in TV. I'll have to be content with some streaming feed, I guess (not the UEFA official one, that's of course geo-blocked in Italy). :coffee:

7. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    More about the game from Lieke Martens (and others)

- https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/17/lyon-barcelona-womens-champions-league-final

So, Hegerberg could move from Lyon to Barça... and Martens could move from Barça to Lyon. If you believe the rumour mill.

blissett repped this.
  8. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the USA, the game will apparrently be streamed here:
    https://live.bleacherreport.com/
    The page says "Free"
    I have not used Bleacher Report LIve, and I had trouble accessing some free content yesterday. However I am going to give it a shot at noon.

9. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017

But then Le Sommer would have to move, too, since she plays in the same position as Martens! And I don't see her moving. It's clear that WoSo needs a few more top clubs so that the top players are not rotating among a handful of teams.

jnielsen, sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any hint for Europe-based people without direct-access to the match? Unlike last year, when I comfortably watched the game in TV, this year it will be only broadacast on pay-TV here in Italy, so I more or less lost my hope to watch it live. I looked around the net, but I didn't find any streaming feed, so, unless someone here can help me, I suppose I'll have to miss the match... :unsure:

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Found this link, not sure if it will work by the time the game starts, in 10 minutes...

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    blissett repped this.
  14. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    Here comes the cavalry. :p
    Have you tried www.goltelevision.com>live ?.

blissett repped this.
  15. Tapas&Fútbol

Tapas&Fútbol Member

Real Betis
    Spain
    Apr 11, 2019
    Seville (Spain)
    Wonderful news: Patri Guijarro has received the medical clearance and will be on the bench for Barça Femeni. Patriiiiiiii de mi vida :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sorry, @Tapas&Fútbol, but I'll root for OL! :p

Looks like my streaming feed is working and I only missed a pair minutes: can anyone post the starting line-up? I notice Van de Sanden on the pitch for OL, that's not so usual these days (last year she had started the final on the bench, but she had turned the game on its head later on, when she had been subbed-in.

Tapas&Fútbol repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, I had just written that and Van de Sanden finds Maroszan with a perfect assist in the box at 4'! 1-0 for OL already!

sbahnhof repped this.
  18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Barcelona doesn't seem to have any answer to Shanice Van de Sanden raiding the Right-Side: a new run + assist in the box at 13', and this time it's Hegerberg tapping-in for 2-0.

Van de Sanden looks as fast and devastating as last year, Barcelona can't seem to reach OL's final 15 meters and the final seems as good as finished at 15' already. Everything is possible, sure, but I've got the feeling that in the end the score could become embarassing for Barça. :coffee:

Does anyone know who's making the color-commentary in English? I seemed to heard that she's a former player.

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, it's becoming embarassing. 3-0 at 18'. :coffee:

This time the assists was from the Left, Majri; the scorer was the same as previous goal, Hegerberg.

Will OL go to 6-0 and then they'll stop pushing? :cautious:

20. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had to open Bleacher Report in Safari (not Firefox). I had to sign up (free) and then after logging in, it worked.
    Lyon 3-0 Barca OH MY. I don't think all the futzing around to get the stream was worth it.

blissett repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I retrieved line-ups:

OL
    Bouhaddi -
    Bronze - Renard - 'Mbock-Bathy - Majri -
    Fishlock - Henry - Maroszan -
    Van de Sanden - Hegerberg - Le Sommer

Barcelona
    Panos -
    Ouahabi - Maria Leon - Pereira - Torrejon -
    Mariona - Alexia Putellas - Aitana Bonmati - Vicky Losada
    Martens - Duggan

JanBalk and Stokstaartje95 repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bronze crosses from the Right-Side (almost the position of a CK), GK Panos misses the ball, Hegerberg eludes her marker and easily taps in for the 4-0 at 40'.

Barcelona is so vulnerable on their sides it's not even funny.

Ballon d'Or Hegerberg with an hat-trick and many people right now probably thinking at how much WWC will miss her. :coffee:

23. Stokstaartje95

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    I was ready for an interesting match. We all know Lyon is way, way better, but well... One miss by Duggan, and 4 goals later in 30 minutes :p Now just enjoying the show :thumbsup:

sbahnhof, Tapas&Fútbol and blissett repped this.
  24. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States