UEFA Women's Champions League 2016/17

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by pauley, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Will90

Will90 Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shocking penalty from PSG keeper, not even on target...

2. Will90

Will90 Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Heart break for PSG again. They shouldve scored in normal time and prevented this.

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, who would have guessed that the game-winner goal in this final would have been by... Bouhaddi??? :laugh:

jnielsen repped this.
  4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't understand why did Lyon sub out Ada so early, the rest of the game they lack of the central forward. Le Sommer serves better as a 2nd striker.

5. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hegerberg apparently came down with an illness last night.

blissett repped this.
  6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, it had been mentioned somewhere that Hegerberg wasn't ok, and actually it showed: that rebound she missed, while alone in front of the goal, couldn't have been possibly missed by an healthy and "true" Hegerberg.

7. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Booooooooooooo! :thumbsdown: I couldn't watch but I was pulling for PSG. Pity about the Pks. SMH.

8. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    Ada in post-match interview to Norwegian media:

"I'm lost for words and my body is totally drained. I couldn't make the runs I usually do. It's been some tough hours leading up to this game. I pondered.. should I play or shouldn't I? But heck..It's the Champions League final. You just go for it."

gricio61, blissett and 59Amerinorsk repped this.
  9. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also why did PSG sub out Shirley Cruz so early? She was keep making threat.

10. jnielsen

jnielsen Member+

May 12, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why was Morgan subbed out so early? Was she already injured and thought she could make a go of it, or did she get injured in the match?

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They were both injured, I guess. For Morgan, there's no doubt: her problem at the hamstring, that had kept her out in the past month, came back at the beginning of the game and there was nothing she could do about it; obviously, her recovery from that injury had been rushed to try to have her ready for this final, but it was a gamble that didn't pay.

About Cruz, I watched the game and quite everyone was agreeing that she was the best player on the pitch, when she was subbed out. There wasn't a "glaring" injury, but she was touching her leg with a grimace, while coming out of the pitch, and I have to suppose that she had an injury too, or she was exhausted, because in fact taking her out of the pitch wouldn't have made sense otherwise. :cautious:

gricio61 repped this.
  12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    got to wonder; why PSG didn't prepare their GK better? They must of known that Lyon was more than happy to oblige to take this game to a PK shoot out especially with all the size able sharp shooting reps their players had/ But her dives were so ill timed, it was liked she telegraphed which way she was heading before the ball left the penalty kickers foot.......and then that horrible kick she took at the end..wft!

and anybody else think Jill Ellis got her 3 back inspiration from Lyon?(but gee Jill, it's about possessing the ball as well!)

13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, actually it seems to me that, at least in first half, OL was playing with a 4-back line and it was PSG who was playing with 3 at the back. Only later in 2nd half, when OL was trying to push for the win (actually I don't think they were happy at all to drag the game to penalty shootout :cautious:) they tried a 3-back line, with 'Mbock-Bathy, Renard and Buchanan, but it was a temporary thing.

Hey, hotjam2, given your shiny new avatar (after years of "no avatar"), I've got a rough idea of who you could be rooting for in the men's Champions' League final... ;)

14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if Majri made up the back 4 than she was AWOL! Or mostly attacking up the left side. The way I saw it; a 3 back(Mbock, Renard & Buchanan) a triangular middle( Kumagai, Abily & Marozsan) and oddly, 3 starting central strikers who seemed to get in each other way more than anything

and.......yep, got to put my game face on(avatar)

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this was the all-star squad sd chosen by UEFA based on the entire CL season. Sorry Bauser, no Ada or Caro. Totally agree with the two Canadians & Pernille Harder, simply the best player in the whole freaking world!
    656-UWCL-TOTS-3.jpg

blissett repped this.
  16. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    #266 Bauser, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Caro only played two games in that tournament. Hardly enough to qualify for an all-star squad anyway. And strikers are always measured on goals in the latter stages in these teams, so Ada's omission wasn't shocking either given Lyon's goal-drought in the big games.

Edit: Caro had 4 games 1 goal, 1 assist. She also played the Chelsea games,

But Harder had only two games and no goal impact. Her inclusion is odd even if her overall season has been strong.

blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any post-game interviews/reactions around in the net, apart from UEFA website official ones?

18. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I trust the judgement from the good folks of UEFA, lol. But don't get me wrong, a healthy Caro is currently my pick as 2nd best player in the world, it's just when you got the two best playing side by side at Wolfsburg, well you can see just how much Pernile stole the thunder from Caro. Not just with this UEFA all-star list, but in last week's German Cup final, where Pernile scored on two incredible difficult headers.. Don't know who won the Bundsliga MVP, but I would say it's a toss up between Pernile & Lina Magull(am I right anybody?).

Ada might of gotten on the all-star list, but missing that ridiculous easy sitter in the finals, pretty much ruined her chances and made it's more on the blooper highlights

Oh well, Ada & Caro are in good company cuz.........................sorry, wwc_movement, Alex Morgan & Carli Lloyd didn't make the all-star list either!

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, off-topic on this thread, but it looks like your change of avatar was a lucky charm for your team! :giggle:

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The difference on a Norwegian euro squad and a Norwegian winning euro squad is Caro Hansen. I think much relies on Caro if we are gonna make it to the latter games in the Netherlands.

Bauser repped this.
  21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Two first goal for Real yesterday were deflection goals. Poor Buffon, I was cheering for Juventus yesterday mainly because of him. Maybe next year...

22. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As a hardcore RM fan and a fan of USWNT, I'm very happy to see this end, while feel bad for the PSG women.

23. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm not a huge fan of either team, but wince Lyon has won so much already I was kinda hoping for PSG to win. Feel bad for them, and particularly for their 'keeper.... She was so visibly devastated at the result of the PK shootout; despite keeping Lyon off the scoresheet completely through regulation, I get the feeling that the loss - and the failure to assure UWCL play next season - isn't going to leave her. 'Keepers are very mentally-oriented players after all.

I'm also morbidly interested in what this does to PSG's roster from an administrative standpoint. I don't know what the current contract situations are for everyone on the team, but considering the generally-nomadic nature of WoSo, I wonder how many players will leave (or not) without another round of UWCL slated for next year.

blissett repped this.
  24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can send you the audio of Alex Morgan's mixed zone ... there were Norwegain guys who interviewed Nordheim and Hegerberg plus a good bunch of French people.

Here is an interview with Abily, you can clearly see me in the background

Gilmoy, blissett and Thomsen repped this.
  25. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Boulleau just extended her contract with PSG.

Overall how do you guys compare Marozsan with Necib? I think Marozan is more directly and powerful.