UEFA WCL 2014-15: Strange encounters with elegant females

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Fair result, the only way PSG will lose is .if they underestimate Wolfsburg and are already thinking about Berlin or if they start to show nerves. Just as Wolfsburg past their test,which for me was in winter 2012 when they beat Potsdam in the last minute, this might be PSG`s test, if they are ready to step it up. Of course Frankfurt will probably be waiting and Krahn vs Sasic should also be fun:p

2. silver_eagle

silver_eagle New Member

Apr 11, 2015
    There was a huge discussion about Wolfsburg's absences but we shouldn't forget that PSG was also unable to start with their best XI on the pitch and players like Georges or Alushi can contribute a lot when playing well. Still, with both Kessler and Goessling injured I was surprised to see Simic starting on the bench.

It's safe to say that so far the score is Kellermann 0, Benstiti 2. I used to admire Kellermann's coaching style (well, to some extent I still do) but this time his side was outplayed both tactically and mentally and he was unable to respond to it. PSG's midfield dominated the game and dictated the tempo for the most part of the game. Cruz and Seger showed class today but the whole side together with their coach deserve credit for the win. It's still way too early to cross Wolfsburg out but if they don't come up with a proper response to PSG's play next week, they will watch the Berlin final on TV/from the stands.

3. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Hadn't known it was her last home game. Bummer; she's been fun. But it does explain the fuss when she came off the field – with all the hugging and hand-slapping, I thought, well, surely all that was a little excessive, for a late-game sub in what's looking like a devastating loss...

An announcer might have helped me avoid that confusion, but that unimportant issue to one side, I also quite enjoyed having no commentary.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  4. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well I couldn't watch the game but many people criticized the French league saying that OL and PSG dominance will affect their competitiveness in the WCL..and all the bla bla....well they got their answers;).
    The second leg will be fun to watch anything still can happen.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Didn't see the game either, but I'm not surprised about the reports coming back suggesting that Wolfsburg's entire game plan/central mid-field, got exposed once more in match vs decent opposition; it's not the first time we've seen this.

Not having either Goeßling - Keßler, as a duo who's become so integral to making their coaches often reckless 4-2-4 approach work correctly, was always going to be a big task in the first leg vs PSG; but knowing this Wolfsburg side over the past few years, I don't think them being 2-0 down at the half way stage of this two game semi final, will signal their imminent demise either.

Many people criticized the French league...? I'm not seeing any of that talk coming from the regular Euro league aficionado's around here....:unsure:

6. silver_eagle

silver_eagle New Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Meanwhile, Frankfurt added another 7-0 win to their Champions League tally.

It's a shame that LFC got knocked out of the competition by Brøndby despite being the better team. Would be interesting to see the Linköping side in the semifinal against Frankfurt. It's likely the semi would be over after first leg anyway but I don't see LFC allowing so many goals even when facing a top-class opposition. On the other hand, a Sunday trip to Germany would probably result in losing some valuable points against Hammarby in the next league game.

7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #57 Smulan, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    I didn't until it actually happened either. There were standing ovations - the entire crowd got up and applauded and cheered, as well as the on-camera hand slapping. I was feeling very anti the whole event by then, but I can now at least say that I stuck it out until I saw Martina Müller cheered off the pitch during her last home game. For me, that's biiiiiig!

Weltmann and jocasta repped this.
  8. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Congratz to PSG. Taking both games in account they deserved it.I am also very proud of Wolfsburg,who showed again why they have been the Comeback Queens of Club football. They truly almost did the impossible and if you have to go out ,then like that. Remind everyone why you can never be sure against them,until the final whistle blows. :cool:Müller,Müller,Müller...oh how I and Wolfsburg are going to miss her. Legend !!! I hope she can leave football with at least a CL place for Wolfsburg, since there is a big possibility that the Wolves will not be qualified for next years CL on the last match day. That will be a hot game in Frankfurt. Congratz of course also to Frankfurt eventhough the aren`t my favorite team:p They could really win the double.Who would have thought??? And Paris could be on the verge to do something historical. I wonder who Lyon fans will be rooting for.The arche enemy or the french team? Since I truly don`t have any preferences, may the best team win. I will be watching the game live in Berlin and my chill modus will be very high. No stress. I hope I can enjoy a good game,some sunshine and a cold beer:cool::cool::cool:.. Women`s Champions League.....LOVE IT!!!

gricio61, debzy and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lots of Lyon fans on twitter were rooting for Wolfsburg... they don't like Paris

10. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Probably like Wolfsburg and Potsdam fans who don`t like each other very much. Losing Seger on that yellow, will not make things easier for PSG. Of course Frankfurt don`t have Fishlock,so that might cancel eachother out. Could be a interesting battle between Maroszan and Cruz in the midfield.

11. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    lol loosers.....ridicule.
    After what both finalist showed in semis, Frankfurt is clearly the archi favourite but anything could happen.

12. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Something as to be said about yesterday match and what happened outside the stadium.

These people are Ultra from PSG men who have been banned from men's football now they "support" the women team...... we all know more than female football they are interest in defy PSG owner . I know for sure they'll be there in Berlin so guys pay attention.

gricio61 repped this.
  13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Just a couple of notes regarding the next two tournaments :

2015/16 : UEFA has introduced a rule that teams from the same country cannot meet each other before the quarter finals article 15.03
    206/17 : country ranked 1-12 will have two teams in the competition while it was 1-8 until now, the 12 countries are ( per ranking)
    Germany, France, Sweden, England, Russia, Spain, Danemark, Italy, Austria, Czech Republik, Scotland and Norway

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope for Frankfurt to win this year cause Germany then would have 3 participants and given the Buli's strenght rightfully so.

15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Celia with the 1:0 against her maybe new club?

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Frankfurt won due to Islacker golazo. Have we all lost Simon?

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Best thing about it is that now three German teams will compete in next season's CL.

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Besides, you scored 14 goals - the most in this year's CL....."
    Sasic: "I dont care. I just wanna touch that thing now."

#thatswhatshereallysaid

lunatica repped this.
  21. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't like Germany's stranglehold on Europe, but given their strength, three CL teams does certainly seem fairest...

22. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :( Reports are that Laudehr will miss the WC.

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How? just 19 minutes ago she tweeted that shes about to get the MRT. How can there be already any reliable info out there?

24. silver_eagle

silver_eagle New Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Would be extremely disappointing for Germany if they lost a few key players right before a major tournament again. My fingers are crossed for her and I still hope the rumors about her missing the World Cup will not be confirmed.

25. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Yes, it is the only country that have more than two teams that can currently win WCL without a miracle (France have two and Sweden one the rest of Europe currently none).