UEFA WCL 2013/14: OL or Wolfsburg douze points?

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Here are the results of the UEFA jury for the 2013/14 UEFA Women's Champions League qualifying round:
    The groups and hosts of the mini-tournaments to be played from 8-13 August.

And I have a question: womensoccer.de says that if Glasgow and Racibórz were to advance to the next round (which, in the case of Glasgow, of course nobody would dare to doubt, especially if they had to fear Smulan's wrath), then Tyresö would not be seeded. What's that got to do with the price of whisky and vodka? o_O

2. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    They have to play *Twente*. Oooh, I have a bad feeling about this. And they haven't even started announcing karaoke nights and bake sales yet to scrape together the pennies.

Wonder what the status on Lindner is? Has she retired (again)? She pops up as "Academic Support & Welfare Officer" :ROFLMAO: on the staff page, but the players' list isn't showing.

3. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    HA!!! Glasgow and Racibórz are through and have "unseeded" Tyresö! Oh my.

Seeded
    Olympique Lyon
    1. FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Arsenal LFC
    WFC Rossiyanka
    ASD Torres Calcio
    VfL Wolfsburg
    Brøndby IF
    LdB Malmö
    AC Sparta Praha
    Fortuna Hjørring
    Paris Saint-Germain FC
    SV Neulengbach
    FK Zorkiy
    Glasgow City LFC
    Birmingham City LFC
    RTP Unia Racibórz

Unseeded
    Tyresö FF
    FC Zürich Frauen
    R. Standard de Liège
    UPC Tavagnacco
    Apollon Limassol LFC
    WFC SSHVSM
    MTK Hungária FC
    FC Barcelona
    Lillestrøm SK
    PK-35 Vantaa
    Thór/KA
    FSK St. Pölten-Spratzern
    ŽFK Spartak
    FC Twente
    Pärnu JK
    Konak Belediyespor

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Fun times on the 5th of September who will get Tyreso ? 6,66% chance for each seeded team and 0% for Malmo of course.

5. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    This is the reason Tyresö recruited three more USWNT players (and one Norwegian :))for the fall .
    So far it looks as 1/3 chance Tyresö will get trough the first round easy, 1/3 that they will have to work for it but have no real problem and 1/3 that they will get a real fight that they may very well lose.

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Tyresö has problems. Marta is sufferinga discal hernia and will be out for one month at least, apparently. Could be more.

7. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think it would be funny if Tyreso could get Lyon in the first round and Wolfsburg in the second round for example.

8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Actually, that could be the best news for Tyresö, no ? I mean, better to play them when they are in full rythm (Tyresö) and the others just beginning their season, rather than meet them in SF when out of the season and Lyon and Wolfsburg at full speed (remember Malmö and Göteborg last season)... :sneaky:

9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That would also do for Arsenal if Tyreso can get rid of those two on the way ;)

10. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Right ! ;)

11. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Better than in the Quarterfinals yes (where both Malmö and Göteborg and pretty much all Swedish team for the last fiver years or so have been eliminated). But normally it would be even better to meet them in Semi or Final when the Swedish season have started, but now when Tyresö have 3 extra USWNT players for the fall that they may not be able to keep the next season it probably is in their interest to get the hardest game as soon as possible.

Gromit06 repped this.
  12. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Yes, I wrote SF by pure mistake, I meant QF of course, thank you for the correction !

13. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Am I playing in any of the Champions League matches about to be drawn at www.uefa.com? No, I am not. So why am I all nervous and jittery?! :eek:

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  14. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I wonder. Because all of this talking and explaining on the livestream is making me all sleepy.

15. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    What a belter! Tyresö v. PSG. Oh my.

16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    So bad.... :(

17. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    WTF is that dismembered logo all about?! Hideous.

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And Angerer has a hat on. Hoorah!

Jenson repped this.
  19. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    She alwayshas a hat on (but on the field) ;)

Jenson repped this.
  20. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    She made it! :eek:
    I wasn't expecting that. Congrats. :)

Also, the November round will probably see Wolfsburg-Malmö and Potsdam-OL. Not bad either... :confused:

21. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    #21 jocasta, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    That hat! Oh my, that hat! Congrats, Micol! (who, as the local partisan, I quite without just cause hold responsible for both Angerer's winning ways and fashion sense)

http://www.uefa.com/women/news/newsid=1990073.html#angerer wins best womens player award

Best quote: "It’s special to win this award as a goalkeeper, it's really fantastic. My playing style is that I don't stay stuck on the line, so perhaps you can't talk about a goalkeeper now, but a 'goal player'." Sing it, sister!

And Oh My to that as well.

22. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

I love the expressions on those two faces.

blissett, debzy, Jenson and 1 other person repped this.
  23. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Actually, the really awful thing was that Schelin applauded when it was announced... and Goessling just froze. It took her ages to realise that she was being less gracious than we're used to Marta being.

And I did get the "Neid has supported me despite...". Is anybody surprised, given the amount of players Frankfurt has bludgeoned into submission previously?

24. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do Goessling not like Angerer? Or was she just *that* convinced she had the award in the bag that she couldn't cope right away?

25. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    The latter is most likely, I'd say. Given the achievements in terms of awards... Well, it ended up being a EUROs prize.