UEFA WCL 2011-12: CSHVSM, PK-35, K/G, LdB, wtf?

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Dear unknown woman who was sitting next to me at the Frankfurt match this week,

When we were remarking on the many fouls PSG committed, I nodded wisely and told you that they had played equally hard against Potsdam last season. I realise now that it was Juvisy at the time, not PSG. Apologies.

(If fouls is the only tactic French teams can think of to counter German teams, I have to admit I'm not too impressed. I hope all Frankfurt players will return safe and sound from Paris next week. :rolleyes:)

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well I think the referee Iringhova was poor and favored the home side :p hence many fouls from PSG players who have a couple of injuries due to the game.
    Did you see the 3 PSG fans, I was standing behind them during the game.

3. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I agree she was poor, I do not agree she favoured the home side. :cool:

I remember seeing a familiar face I couldn't quite place, but I don't remember where. :D

4. welshfan

welshfan Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds familiar thinking of Juvisy, but weird, almost shocking when talking about Paris:eek:

I would rather think that they were tired, as the schedule has been pretty hard for french teams playing CL lately, with a match every 3 days.

Those two weeks:

PSG-OL, Frankfurt-PSG, PSG-Juvisy, PSG-Frankfurt

Also, keep in mind that many PSG players only discover CL for the first time this season, so they might have been nervous. In addition, many of their key players are just back from injuries. Thinking about last weekend when they played Lyon, you could see that both team were a bit low.

Anyway, we'll see how they will look like on Wednesday.

*And flashes of Behringer not being an angel either come to my mind too:rolleyes:

5. shreddir

shreddir Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Dammit, I missed this broadcast. Didn't know til I read this thread. Kept thinking that the away leg in Paris was the first match so I didn't keep track of the Hessischer Rundfunk tv guide. I hope somebody can tell me when the home broadcast for the semis will be... assuming Frankfurt doesn't meltdown in Paris:rolleyes:

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Only a miracle would see PSG through, they are playong the BIG local derby today having played the WCL game Wednesday and OL last Sunday, they will have nothing in the tank tonight. Most of the team is still amateur and they train in the evening after work.

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  8. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I don't think it will. The Kopparbergs/Göteborg match is on tomorrow.

9. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oops. :D But then they shouldn't say "09 nov" next to it in the listing on their website. :rolleyes:

(Worse, it means I won't have an excuse to leave work reasonably early today. :()

10. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I think you'll find that "09 nov" is the publishing date :p. The actual match info in the top right-hand box is less specific: "tomorrow" :D.

Incidentally, it shouldn't be geo-blocked: the article mentions how positive it'll be for the Danish club's supporters to be able to see the match online.

11. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I have found that now, thanks very much. :p

QUOTE=Smulan;24668278]Incidentally, it shouldn't be geo-blocked: the article mentions how positive it'll be for the Danish club's supporters to see the match.[/QUOTE]
    OK, let's get constructive here. If I would like to see an entertaining match but have to choose: this one, or Glasgow-Potsdam?

12. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    What an amateur! "Choose"? :confused: The only right way to do it is to have the computer screen (Göteborg-Hjörring) on the coffee table in front of the TV (Glasgow-Potsdam).

If you need to get creative, then two computer screens + a subscription to the Eurosport Player.

13. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    No way - I'd get so muddled up that Nagasato and Anonma would end up scoring on Göteborg. I'm sure you don't want me to risk that. :eek:

(On the other hand, maybe Glasgow-Hjörring would be a less lethal combination than Potsdam?)

14. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Livestream for PSG-Frankfurt tonight (yes, I'm sure it's tonight :p) as from 8.45pm

And Lyon-Prague - on now, although a bit shaky for me :rolleyes:

Lara Dickenmann just said at half time that if the coach gets excited on the sideline, they know it's just what he's like, he always wants 100%, they don't even listen anymore and just play their game. :p

"Le but", they said, they're going to show, so I'm guessing it's 1-0 at half time.

Here is another stream, it seems.

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Back from Arsenal- Vallecano , got bored but a good 5-1 win.

16. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oh dear, Frankfurt. It's just as well that I probably won't get to see their next match live. Potsdam will eat them for Sunday lunch. :rolleyes:

17. shreddir

shreddir Member

Mar 15, 2005
    One of the turning points for me was at 27:03 when Nonna Debonne #8 facing a clear breakaway stuck her thigh out and sent FFC goal scorer Ana-Maria Crnogorcevic cartwheeling onto her right shoulder. Ana ended up be stretchered off. Jessica Langstrom subs in and doesn't do a whole lot to get into dangerous attacking positions for Fatmire Bajramaj #19 pass to. Lira starts playing like rubbish... over hitting the ball, over the bar etc. That subbing of Ria Percival for Marozsán didn't do much good on the right wing? I wish my Aly Krieger would've blasted the ball off #10's legs over the endline after winning that ball in the corner so Angerer would have a simple goal kick. Instead she knocks the ball upfield into a huge open space where PSG #3 Laure Boulleau (mmm,,what a hottie) ran on and served a great ball to American Ally Long who heads the ball off of FFC's Kumagai's back for an own goal. Speaking of our American players, Eli Masar had a great assist heading that ball back to Ally Long who blasted the ball past Angerer for PSG's first goal. You can't miss Eli on the pitch wearing that bright white headband. Also speaking of Saki Kumagai, I've noticed she's been beat a lot lately not only tonight but at the Freiburg loss too. She might get burned vs Potsdam?
    On the subject of "enforcers" where was Behringer? Since I all I could watch was the Eurosport stream in Romanian(?) I couldn't make out whether she was banned on yellow cards or something:confused:

18. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Here are video clips that I see:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXarOEwg4JQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M8aTxyA810

19. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    She had an OK ten minutes at the start of the second half, I thought.

I think Marozsán isn't back 100% yet after her injury; she has been subbed out regularly in the last few matches. I quite like Percival, I think she works very hard, but she hasn't been getting a lot of praise overall.

Indeed. I thought she was doing very well there in the corner, until I saw that Boulleau was on the end of that pass. :rolleyes:

She played well both against Wolfsburg and in the first PSG match, but the last two matches have been a disappointment. I do fear for her on Sunday. I was half expecting Kahlert to leave her out of the starting line-up today. But I guess he needs Weber on at least one, if not two other positions. :rolleyes:

Being rested for the Potsdam match. Although the missed penalty against Freiburg may have helped that decision. ;)

20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Something very strange happened at the Arsenal home game. The tie was played at Borehamwood FC the usual home of the ladies that has about 500 seating and 3500 standing. Just before ko we were told to move away from the standing area and sit. :confused:

I had never heard of any UEFA supervisor forcing everybody to go in the seating area and live 3/4 of the ground empty. As a result watching a game with the sun in your face and hearing people moaning and abusing opposition plus some horrible singing from fans just pissed me off. :mad: After the game I thought I would have been better off flying to Paris to watch PSG Frankfurt.

21. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yeah, I was really worried when Annie MacMittag scored the opening goal for Turbine Glasgow. I thought Kopparbergs-Hjørring was done for, but then that Yuki Dalzielsen chick and those Kirkøski twins turned the tide. And Fortuna Potsdam really has a hard road ahead if they want to beat Göteborg City FC.

22. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The draw is on Thursday and there are 2 clear favorites and 6 outsiders, so it would be good if Potsdam and OL are drawn together. :p

23. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    OK, kiddies, the fun of the draw starts here live at 12.30 CET (i.e. in 14 minutes).

24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Can I have :

Brondby - Arsenal
    Rossiyanka - OL
    Postdam - Frankfurt
    Malmo -Goteborg

That would be good for our country UEFA coefficient :D

25. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Damn! Was this a request show? I missed my chance!