UEFA WCL 2011-12: CSHVSM, PK-35, K/G, LdB, wtf?

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Neulengbach kept a blog of their trip to Kazakhstan, which includes a live ticker of the match (in German). The first half hour seems to have been rather uneventful, while Neulengbach dominated the match for much of the rest - but that may be just their view, of course. :cool:;)

2. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Bristol tied Voronezh 1-1, and the players volunteered to forego appearance money and win bonuses for the two-legged tie to help the club finance their European adventure. (BBC source)

And (thanks @ mumf) here is the Stabaek goal against Frankfurt :)mad:):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY08PyUcQSE"]PDJ: 2011-09-29 - UWCL - Dekkerhus vs Frankfurt GOAL - YouTube[/ame]

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That game was extremely poor at time. Long ball hoofing and second balls.
    Only mono-dimensional running in straight line. Voronezh had 3 players basically ( Conti, Boquete and Danilova).

4. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Heeheehee! (ahem) What I meant to say was, Oh dear, sorry, Micol, that's, umm, that's really tough. heeheehee Perhaps next time you bump into Nadine, you can remind her that she has Feet, and they are used for Moving Her Body Around On The Field. Not of course that it matters, when your well-intentioned defenders betray you so thoroughly... still, it looks better if you jump a little at things like that... Those Stabaek jerseys are pretty cool, though, as someone else pointed out.

Meanwhile, the Swedish team formerly known as LdB Malmö has lost its away leg in Italy. I re-propose the name 'WTF Malmö' for them.

5. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here the highlights of the Tavagnacco-Malmoe match:http://youtu.be/P3NmJCcO-Ww

Looks like that just before the Malmoe goal a corner kick hasn't been mistakenly given to Tavagnacco, so the girls complained with the referee :(
    Anyway, great performance of an all-italian team at their first international match :)
    Can't wait to see how will perform in the Sweden, will be a tough job :cool:

6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Makes an odd contrast with this week's news in the men's CL - the stories around Tevez's refusing to come in off the bench when the manager subbed him on. Salary = 250K euros per WEEK.

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  8. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I'm getting Hessischer Rundfunk's livestream in excellent quality at the moment, without using a VPN. In other words, the match between Frankfurt and Stabaek should be available internationally here in just a few minutes.

1 person likes this.
  9. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Works in the USA! w00t.

Missed the Frankfurt goal, though.

10. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    It came from an absolutely beautiful cross from Behringer.

11. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay for her. You know she's one of my favorite Germans.

12. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But apparently Stabaek missed a penalty. :eek:
    Really a close match, but now Frankfurt are leading 2:0 so i guess they'll make it. One goal of Stabaek can still change everything, though.

13. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Angerer gives and Angerer takes away.

ooh. Now things get interesting for the last 10. (or more, there should be a good bit of stoppage)

14. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought it was done and over after the 3:0, but now it will still be exciting for the last minutes.

Or not, a few seconds after her substitution Crnogorcevic scores the 4:1.

15. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or not. 4-1. I think those were her first touches of the ball. Stabaek unlucky w/ the deflection, of course.

And the manager apparently hurt his ankle in the celebration. haha

16. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Angerer came out and flat out tackled the attacking player from behind after she beat her. Should have earned a red card but just the penalty was given.

It was a poorly taken PK that Angerer easily saved.

17. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She didn't even get a yellow, did she? (If so, I missed it) I was surprised to see no card.

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    20 minutes into the Potsdam match and I'm feeling considerable discomfort. I wonder how Eurosport picked this match to be broadcast?! Painful, painful, painful. Last season's fourth-placed team in Iceland is unlikely to be much of a match for Potsdam :eek:.

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Arsenal - Bobruichanka 6-0. The only interesting point was 3 17 years old getting a few minutes for Arsenal. It might be their only ones for a long time as the oldies will be back on the pitch for the next round.

20. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well the Scottish NT has done wonders this year. Any internationals on the Glasgow team?

I do see that Valur had more shots on goal and more corners, but conceded an early OG.

22. welshfan

welshfan Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few actually. Leanne and Jane Ross (not related as far I know). Jane scored a few goals with the NT those past months. Also Christie Murray and Joane Love. All Scottland internationals.
    But I may forget someone.

23. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
  24. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Dear regulars and other folks,

"Scottland" was a role-playing site formerly run by a Canadian comedian called Scott. "Scottland" is not a country in Europe. Scots are admittedly Scottish, but they're not from Scottland.

Incidentally, in the Scotland team there's another Ross that's a bubbler. Following Scotland PBPs is already enough of a challenge ("Ross? Have they cloned her?!"). I don't think we can cope with 3 at one time.

Otherwise I'm suitably gobsmacked by a Glasgow City player named "Danica Dalziel". A free dinner is offered to the only non-Scot (apart from northern Englanders) who can pronounce her second name.

25. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    That simultaneously pleasant but alarming feeling stirring in your chest? It's called 'pride in your hometown team.' Who do they play next, Potsdam? Yeah. Don't you trouble your pretty little head about it any further, the feeling will go away soon. (Mind you, I'll be right there in the first row cheering for Glasgow. "Anyone but Potsdam", that's my motto.)

... taken over to the Trash.