UEFA Nations League

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by CShine, Oct 10, 2013.

1. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    UEFA scheduling is simply insane

2. Mwah, donot think one of those unless injured want to miss this "NL semi final".

3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    All the English players in the champions League final will be available for england...which is bad news for the Dutch ;)

HomietheClown repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Even Kane?

5. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Possibly depends if he is fit

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Just seems a bit unlikely he will be fit to play two pressure pact games like that in 5 days after such a long layoff.
    Maybe I can see it if he comes off the bench in both.

roverman repped this.
  7. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Hope so we need him

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think Spurs needs him more than England does. Which probably means he plays balls out for them and will be too tired for England. But we shall see. It is a very intriguing dynamic we have literally never seen before due to this tournament being in the inaugural season.

9. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Yep but kane is captain. I'm pretty certain he would love to captain england to a major trophy

HomietheClown repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I agree. He is probably trying his best to play in both and will probably not admit it but his mind is focused on both too.
    Tough situation.

roverman repped this.
  11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is Tottenham's first CL Final, and it's a chance for them to prove how good they are after having Modric and Bale leave and win CLs with Real Madrid. Furthermore, rival Arsenal has never won the CL. Of the 12 CLs won by English clubs, Chelsea in 2012 was the only time it was won by a club in London. I'm including when it was the European Cup.

12. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Yes

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I dimno, Moura did very well in Kane’s absence. So well, it could even be a mistake to start Kane against Liverpool who can’t be fully fit.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I think that Lucas Moura match was more of a fluke than anything. Maybe fluke is not the right word but it was more the exception to the rule.
    The way they looked at Hotspur stadium against Ajax was pretty anemic without Kane.
    I think they can obviously do so much more with him om the field and play off him with his good passing.

On the other hand I can see England maybe put Rashford up front and still win against the Netherlands.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You’re imagining a fully healthy Kane, which won’t be the case though.

Fyi. Moura stepped-in for more than just that one match. He combined really well with Son against Man City too. Son also excelled w/o Kane slowing things down. In any case, it probably doesn’t matter who plays up front for Spurs against Liverpool. :(

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Even the threat of Kane at 75% can change things for Spurs and the dynamic of the game.

But England to me is talented and versatile enough to win without him in my eyes. Especially if Sterling and maybe a guy like Sancho can run on the wings and attack with reckless abandon.

That said, the Netherlands are a good young team and can win too. It will be great to see him play both games in some capacity.

roverman repped this.
  17. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  18. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    get the fvk in :ROFLMAO::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::ROFLMAO::thumbsup:

19. jcsc

jcsc Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I've been there. :)

Attached Files:

20. Nice scarfe as a memorability:thumbsup:

21. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON