UEFA Nations League

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by CShine, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy 2010 was actually not as bad as people say either. Their problem was the squad included many older players that really shouldn't have been playing at that level anymore and got outpaced so many times. Some of the younger players were quite inexperienced with the national team as well. Pirlo and Buffon were the best players in that squad and they were injured for 2 games. There was also some very controversial decisions in the Slovakia game, but I believe they would have as well beaten quite a few teams in the Round of 16. Although I must admit the draw with New Zealand was quite atrocious. That was a game we should have won.

France 2010, oh my goodness. A complete disaster. Honestly I could even say they were the weakest team in the whole tournament. That team had so much conflicts in the dressing room, were not even training properly. It was one of the biggest messes I have ever seen in any national team. Even North Korea possibly would have given them a good fight in that tournament. I understand South Africa were hosts but not only did they beat France, they were by far the better side in the game and completely dominated them. Not to take anything away from South Africa, but seriously when a team like that dominates a team that were runners up of the last World Cup, that is a sign of a serious problem.

2. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Winner of the group with Portugal, Italy and Poland to host the Final Four main event.

- semis on 5 & 6 June 2019 (pairings to be drawn in early December 2018; probably together with the regular ECQ 2020 draw)
    - final (+ 3rd place play-off) on 9 June 2019

https://www.uefa.com/uefanationsleague/news/newsid=2543176.html#/

3. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sorry to interrupt and go off topic but I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing a prediction contest for the upcoming World Cup. It basically consists of predicting the results of each match, from group play all the way to the final. Different points will be awarded based on whether you predicted the outcome (who won or was it a tie?) or the exact result (including penalties after extra-time). Depending on how much interest there is, I might do a second one starting from the Knockout Stages. Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested and please feel free to tell others (the more the better).

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BocaFan repped this.
  5. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    How do you get tickets for matches to these games?

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
  7. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    No

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
  9. jcsc

jcsc Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I can download.

10. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    Do u know if these games will be shown on tv in USA? Germany has such a tough group :/

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yes, on ESPN. Some of the matches will only be available on ESPN+($5/month).

12. Germanyfan1993

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jun 17, 2018
    Great! Do we have an idea of when espn will release the schedule of what games will be shown? I’m pumped for this.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I don't think its been announced but ESPN is usually pretty good with these things. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they even show some of the League D games.

14. papapaul

papapaul New Member

Barcelona
    Nigeria
    Jul 22, 2018
    I believe we need a change like this. something radical. I will follow this with huge interest. please share all info you find.

PP
    Freelance Sports Journalist
    https://africanbettingguide.com

15. Nick Kharchenko

FC Baltika, Kaliningrad, Russia
    Russia
    Oct 20, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Russian FanIDs will be valid till the end of the year.

All Sweden fans are welcomed to visit Kaliningrad for Nations League match against Russia. And everyone else too :)

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I'm not sure about that. I received an email telling me that people have to leave Russia by 25 July if they entered the country with their FanID.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Schedule starting to come out now. Germany x France & Italy v Poland, both on espn2 live.

Will be interesting to see how games ESPN Plus shows. Nothing listed yet.

18. Hallur Hansson

Hallur Hansson New Member

AC Horsens
    Faroe Islands
    Jun 11, 2018
    I'm more excited for the stage that the small nations will be getting. I know that the teams in group A are good, but I can't wait for the Faroe Islands to show the world what they can do!
    fsf.fo

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I agree. Well, not sure I would go that far, but I am more interested in the league B and C teams than the league A games in general.

Not sure that all teams in league A will be alright. I could see Holland, Iceland and Poland failing to qualify for the Euros if they finish among the worst third-place teams in their NL group.

20. There's only one place per division to the Euros. There still is the normal qualifying rounds.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I know.

But if you do poorly in the NL you will get a tougher group in the normal qualifying. And for the 3 teams I listed , I am not sure they are good enough to qualify through a difficult group.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Predictions anyone?

Here are mine for group winners and overall league winner in the case of league A & D (since several league B and C teams will qualify for the Euros, there isn't really an overall winner in those leagues).

League D group-winners: Georgia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Macedonia => Macedonia

League C group-winners: Scotland, Greece, Slovenia, Serbia => N/A

League B group-winners: Denmark, No. Ireland, Sweden, Ukraine => N/A

League A group-winners: France, Belgium, Portugal, Spain => Belgium

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    ESPN schedule starting to come out now (more no doubt will be added in due time):

6 Sept

9:50a: Kazakhstan v Georgia ESPN+
    11:50a: Armenia v Liechtenstein ESPN+
    2:30p: Germany v France ESPN2
    2:35p: Latvia v Andorra ESPN3
    2:35pGibraltar v FYR ESPN+
    2:35p: Slovenia v Bulgaria ESPN+
    2:35p: Norway v Cyprus ESPN+
    2:35p: Wales v Ireland ESPN+
    2:35p: Czech Republic v Ukraine ESPN+

7 Sept

2:30p: Italy v Poland ESPN2

8 Sept

8:50a: No. Ireland v Bosnia ESPNEWS
    11:50a: Finland v Hungary ESPN3
    11:50a: Switzerland v Iceland ESPN+
    11:50 a: Belarus v San Marion ESPN+
    2:35p: Estonia v Greece ESPN3
    2:35p: England v Spain ESPN+
    2:35p: Luxembourg v Moldova ESPN+

9 Sept

8:50a: Ukraine v Slovaka ESPN3
    11:50a: Bulgaria v Norway ESPNEWS
    2:30p: Cyprus v Slovenia ESPNEWS

10 Sept

2:30p: Sweden v Turkey ESPNEWS

11 Sept

2:30p: Spain v Croatia ESPN2
    2:35p: San Marino v Luxembourg ESPN3

24. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's 7 games on TV, 5 games for free online on ESPN3, and 11 games requiring buying ESPN+.

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    More games will be added to ESPN+, I'm fairly sure.