UEFA EURO 2020 - Qualification Thread || Northern Ireland || 8 Oct 2:45 PM EST|| Grbavica

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosanski Bomber, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Going to be really disappointed if I don't see any banners referencing cake, family, and gifts.

2. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Can’t say I know we have striker like that in particular because I don’t watch much football outside of the top 5 leagues.

Koljić, while he plays in the Romanian league, has an excellent goal scoring record and is still pretty young. I’d like to give him a look.

3. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So here’s the lineup (not sure if it’s exactly this formation though):

Šehić
    Todorović - Bičo - Zukanović - Ćivić
    Bešić
    Pjanić - Sarić
    Gojak
    Višća - Džeko

————

Not sure how Sarić continues to get into the lineup...

4. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Wow up 1-0 at halftime from a great team goal, Džeko finishing it off.

We’ve legitimately been the better team for 30-35 minutes but cooled off a bit after the goal.

Gojak has been amazing. Pjanić, Džeko and Šehić really good as well.

5. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    This team will never change. Amazing how they constantly collapse again and again. At the same times too.

Cimirot and Saric are ********ing terrible... I have no idea how we can't find a better player to play than a 28 year old who plays club soccer in South Korea. We have so many talented youngsters on the bench and they continuously rot while these awful veterans run around like idiots with absolutely 0 skill.

Why no Milosevic? If we're going to lose every game anyway... how could it possibly hurt to sit some of these crappy vets on the bench for some youth? I'm honestly even stunned that Gojak and Todorovic are getting opportunities..

6. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    On a side note, we've got quite the gem in Gojak, how lucky we are! This kid is a monster and just keeps getting better and has not taken a step back as his competition has increased.

Just turned 22 four months ago and playing 70+ minutes away at Italy in a Euro qualifier, Europa league with Zagreb in the months prior, etc. The experience he's getting right now in these important, pressure-filled games is going to be incredible for him.

If only we could completely rid the starting 11 of players like Saric, etc, and give some meaningful minutes to guys like Milosevic, etc.

Young Zmaj repped this.
  7. spuzzaccute

spuzzaccute Member

Nov 5, 2013
    switzerland
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Momci don't worry ima jos 6 utakmica. Bit ce 2 mjesto za BiH. Mark my words

8. čarobnjak

čarobnjak Member+

Apr 22, 2014
    Finland
    Club:
    FK Velez
    #133 čarobnjak, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    The Tampere experience was more than disappointing. Our midfield consisting of Saric - Besic - Cimirot vs Finland made my eyes bleed. Arajuuri, Kamara & Pukki showing our scrubs how it's done.

At least they showed some sort of effort in Italy.

Hope for better things to come in September. Guys like Saric shouldn't even see any playing time before the likes of Gojak, Vrancic and Krunic.

Mid prio: Pjanic -> Besic -> Krunic -> Gojak/Vrancic -> Cimirot -> Saric

Duljevic hit the gym and improve your stamina you fat c*nt.

Sudžuka and bosna10 repped this.
  9. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Gojak is the truth. Give this kid the keys to the NT and just let him do whatever the F he wants out there. Our best "prospect" in a long, long time.

How he hasn't been scooped up by a club in one of the big Euro leagues yet is beyond me. But hopefully he gets a chance to shine in the Champions Leagues matches for Zagreb, he's been coming off the bench recently

10. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Gojak MOTM yesterday. But honestly with the way we have been playing I'm not confident we will beat Greece in Athens nor beat Italy in Zenica. We will have to go through the playoffs most likely. I have no faith in this group to pull off a result in Athens especially. We have dug ourselves into a huge hole with the results in Zenica and Helsinki. We needed the win against Greece and at least a draw in Helsinki to have a chance of securing 2nd place. Now we are in the position of being forced to win every single match in order to control our destiny which is very unrealistic to expect when you drop points in 3 of the 5 games.

Finland has only dropped points against Italy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying

Predictions:

Group A: England, Czech Republic
    Group B: Portugal, Ukraine
    Group C: Germany, Netherlands
    Group D: Denmark, Switzerland
    Group E: Croatia, Slovakia
    Group F: Spain, Sweden
    Group G: Poland, Austria
    Group H: France, Turkey
    Group I: Belgium, Russia
    Group J: Italy, Finland

Playoffs:
    League A Path: Iceland, Bosnia, Wales, Ireland
    League B Path: Northern Ireland, Scotland, Norway, Serbia
    League C: Path: Bulgaria, Israel, Hungary
    League D: Georgia, Northern Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus

11. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Just a heads up, we can’t move to the League A Play-Off path because we are group winners and moving to the next league could punish us by giving us tougher teams. All Group winners stay in their league, so we can only play League B or C (technically League D but extremely unlikely) teams in the Playoff.

12. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Great first half(good portion of it) in terms of quick pace and passing. Few good chances too. Second half for most part was fairly poor until the last 15-20 minutes(that goal that deflected gave us more room as they tried to open up a bit and that led to more goals for us).

Overall i was happy with Gojak and Milosevic as well. Pjanic was kinda bad with so many misplaced passes.

This team needs to be way better defensively if they want to win all or most of their remaining games. There is obvious talent offensively but until they become more organized, more compact and smart on the defensive end, it just won't be enough to move on.

13. Young Zmaj

Young Zmaj Member

Juventus
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 7, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Big game. Not sure why Cimirot is starting, can’t remember him having a good game in the NT. Nonetheless, I’m predicting a 2-1 win. They’re missing their goalscorer vs. Italy due to the red card.

14. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    GOJAK!! Bravoo

15. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    To be fair, he saved a goal so far today. But yeah, I agree.. he should not be playing over Krunic

16. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Cimirot playing very good defense so far tbh

17. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Gotta convert these chances but we look as solid all-around as we have looked in a long time. Very patient on the ball, making the right passes and not bad defensively

18. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What a complete 180 from the first half... another terrible second-half (early) showing. In ten minutes thus far I don't think we've had enough possession to complete a single pass once.

19. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Zukanovic and Visca terrible

20. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nothing but missed opportunity after missed opportunity and the end-result is once again the same... other team ends up with the goal and the whole game ends up a disappointment.

21. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    ******** I SPOKE TOO SOON. GOJAKKK LETS GOOOO

22. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Embarrassing defending

23. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Besic is laughably bad, no idea how he's playing over Krunic. Absolutely awful.

24. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If we can't beat a team like Armenia, then we absolutely do not deserve to qualify and would get embarrassed playing the type of teams that we'd play in the actual tourney.

25. thedragon10

thedragon10 Member

Oct 15, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Armenia lost at home 1-0 to Gibraltar...... giving up 3 goals to this squad is beyond embarrassing.