UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifications | Play-offs | 13 November 2015: Republic of Ireland

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosnian Diamond, Jan 30, 2014.

1. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well they beat us so i guess you can say that.

In your above post that Medophile quoted, you talk about heart yet a lot of our heart was out on the field making mistakes(Spahic, Kola, Vranjes, Lulic, etc) are all players who play with heart. Which one were we missing? Heart or skill? Coach's job is to find the right balance(right amount of heart and combine it with skilled guys) within that group and put that out on the field in a way where it can mix well. These qualifications were a perfect example on how important good coaching is(i recently started seeing it with my other team as well..very shitty team with a great coach getting it done the right way). I honestly don't think we are THAT bad(both work ethic or talent) but there are a few players on there i would try to change(position wise..Lulic good example) and some i'd never call again(Ibisevic, Salihovic, Zec, because they don't bring anything you can't get from others like Hodzic, Cimirot, Djuric, etc). And of course Spahic should just retire already. Someone good enough will eventually come along.

PlavoSarajevo repped this.
  2. PjanicBoy8

PjanicBoy8 Member+

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I also have to ask why Bicakcic never got a chance to play? I think he would of done a lot better than Vranjes at RB who ********ed up way too many times this game imo

3. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You have heart and you have a very good manager. Don't let him go. Also, I hope you value players like Walters and Whelan, because they are a hell of a lot more worth than primadonnas like Medunjanin and the likes on our team.

Good luck in the Euros, I think a lot of Bosnians will cheer for you like always. :inlove:

4. BosanskiRambo

BosanskiRambo Member+

Manchester City
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Jun 4, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Give it a break man. Vranjes did alright

Medophile, Mustafa Filipovic and FCBM repped this.
  5. PlavoSarajevo

PlavoSarajevo Member+

Mar 23, 2012
    San Jose
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Not fair to single one guy out our whole team was absolute shit.

I wouldn't give a single player on our team a rating higher than 5

bosna10 repped this.
  6. Besic17

Besic17 Member+

Feb 24, 2015
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It was by far the worst team we could have faced out of the four.

But then again we would probably have bottled it against Norway as well.

7. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Kolasinac played the best I have seen from him in a good while. Nothing special, but he has been shocking at times since the injury. He at least has the right mentality. We can forget outplaying teams anymore, we have to fight like dogs. Just don't have the quality anymore.

The attack we used to have with Dzeko, Ibisevic, Medunjanin, Salihovic, Misimovic and Pjanic on top form was something few teams could match. That's why we were amongst the highest scoring teams always and would put a minimum of 3 and often 5 or more against weaker sides. Now every single game is a struggle, and the only ones left of the guys mentioned above are Pjanic and Dzeko. And they aren't performing like they used to for the NT either.

And then you actually have to give it to Susic that he was always offensive. Way too much often, but we always had a go. This time I felt like we lost without a real fight.

8. ZukaToDzeko

ZukaToDzeko Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    you know.... people got on him so much, but surely he's good enough to be our #1 option off the bench... being a Bundesliga regular (more or less) and all..... and since Sunjic was out, you'd think he'd be the 1st guy off the bench....

as they say, hindsight...........

by the way, more importantly than anything on the pitch.... let's absolutely NOT forget about the idiots who yelled during the moment of silence.... that's a bigger problem than anything on the pitch, EASILY..... simply retarded, and MUST!!!! be fixed...... and who better to police that than our own fans.....

9. ZukaToDzeko

ZukaToDzeko Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I will also say that Lulic fought hard again... set up the only goal we scored in this tie....all the while, he was facing their best player in their squad. The fact that he prevented Coleman from pushing up and wreaking havoc on our side is a big win for Lulic in that matchup.... he made Coleman respect his speed, and made him stay back on their half the whole tie....

it is what it is... he didn't play well at all, certainly... but he's getting WAY too much criticism, unfairly IMO......

The CB position and quite frankly, Mesa, are the two biggest culprits, if you MUST find a scapegoat.....

Mesa for not getting the tactics or lineup correct, and CB (Sunjic in Zenica on the goal, and Zukanovic today.... not to mention Spahic.......)

10. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Who would you have back and who would you let go? Maybe add someone else too.

I hate having these Vranjes conversations so at this point i wish they would just stop calling him. Not because i think he's a shit player, he's not, but more for stability around the team(those fans will never stop and that'll never be good for anyone).

Right now my list of who stays is this(also where they should play).

GK...Begovic(not overly happy with his play so needs someone to push him and not give him every start)
    GK...Sehic ??
    GK...Husic(yes he's young and doesn't play for a great team but being in Germany under17 is better than most of our guys have accomplished..at least we can see what he can bring to us..push the others)

LB...Lulic/Kolasinac/Hajradinovic(Rotate these guys because they are pretty much the same when it comes to work ethic, good speed, physicality. They'll work their asses off and even on a rare occasion put a good cross in.

CB...Sunjic/Besic/Bico/Cocalic(Why Besic? I've been saying the same thing over and over, if you have 1 immobile CB(hopefully a smart one though), it's ok as long as you partner him with someone quick. We don't have that now so best solution would be to put Besic there. He's done well there and i believe he can do a good job. We won't miss out much at DM as i'll explain further.

RB...Vranjes/Mujdza (Vranjes should probably takes this spot but then again as i explained above it's probably best he doesn't get called up any longer. Made a stupid mistake and no way fans will let it go. Just bury this so we can move on. This leaves Mujdza who has been largely ineffective for us. He is older, slower and just doesn't bring much going forward. Who else is available at this position?

DM...Cimirot/Pjanic/Vrancic/Hadzic(If Cimirot is as good as he showed for FK Sarajevo he should be adequate replacement for Besic. Dude showed solid work rate, difficult to knock off the ball and probably better ball control than Besic. So we still have that dimension of Pjanic and another guy controlling midfield. No scared guys giving up the ball so easily here.

AM...Hajrovic/Milosevic/Krunic(Obviously Hajrovic needs to get playing time or go someplace where he can get that. Otherwise we'll have to give the spot to someone else. Milosevic looked real good from highlights i saw and most of you rate him highly. At the very least we should see how he clicks with the rest. I don't have Modic here simply because i am not impressed much(not sure if i'm the only one but i hate the Medo type movement and doing moves on the spot..Milosevic seems to have work ethic, dribbling, shooting..everything else about him impressed me). Krunic scored some goals but his general play doesn't seem great so i'll have to see more of him to get a better idea.

LW...Armin Hodzic/Eldin Hadzic?(Hodzic can play wing i'm pretty sure so it's time he gets his shot. Killing it at Dinamo and looks like Aguero lite to me(with movement and eye for goal).

CF...Dzeko/Djuric(Self explanatory...Hodzic can be added here if there is enough competition at wing position)

RW...Visca/??(Visca so far has been just ok imo. He isn't very strong and seems to get easily outmuscled. Also quite
    easy to predict what he'll do due to lack of technical ability. I'd have him as a capable sub but then who starts? No idea what else we have at this position.

Everything else(Ibisevic, Zec, Salihovic, etc) look for better options as these guys either play for shitty teams or just don't have certain qualities(Ibisevic runs hard but that's about it...cant pass, misses so many shots, poor decision making, etc). Salihovic works hard but can't catch anyone and even things he was good at(crossing) he has lost it. Not sure what he can offer really.

anticule repped this.
  11. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Woof.

That is all.

12. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ok Pero Antic....

Anyone get that ......

13. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Pero papačoder?

14. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No.....

15. PjanicBoy8

PjanicBoy8 Member+

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  16. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wouldn't mind it too much, depending on who comes in.

17. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If only you guys played Ibricic

18. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Visca, Dzeko, and Besic stood out.
    Besic was very calm and confident on the ball. Plays very well with Pjanic.
    Dzeko showed some good hold up play. Didn't get any support up front however.
    Visca had a couple of good runs and passes. Created a few chances.

Spahic was inconsistent. Should have gotten 5 yellows and 2 reds.
    Worst player was Lulic by a mile. Ruined all chances we had, created none!

Zukanovic and Cocalic were OK. I am actually pleasantly surprised with both of them. Despite the poor result, both of them performed above expectations.

19. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We will not have any success if players like Visca are an important part of the first XI. I can tell you that much right now. He is a small time player. So weak physically. Brady bullied him. He is OK to play against shit teams and come off the bench. To be consistently in the first XI, that just shows how much trouble we are in at almost every single position.

Sudžuka repped this.
  20. PjanicBoy8

PjanicBoy8 Member+

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ive been thinking a lot tonight, and posting a ton (sorry :D). Can someone please tell me a game since Israel where we felt like we had a set tactic? Because I cant. Against Belgium we got a lucky goal from nothing that Courtouis probably could've saved and we were shit after that. We beat andorra 3-0 (LOL) we beat Wales 2-0 even though we were lost for most of the game and we barely beat Cyprus 3-2. I know you guys are saying Susic is at fault and I understand that, but Mesa has got to go. I said that at halftime this is where mesa shows his character and it shows that hes not that good of a coach. I want to see a coach like Felix Magath come in and have some ********ING BALLS AND TELL THEM IF YOU DONT ********ING PLAY YOUR HEART OUT 90 MINUTES I HAVE NO PROBLEM TAKING YOU OUT AND IM TALKING TO YOU DZEKO, PJANIC , BESIC IDC WHO IT IS AND WHAT CLUB YOU PLAY FOR. YOURE GONNA RUN FOR 90 MINUTES AND FIGHT FOR YOUR ********ING COUNTRY.

Randy Marsh repped this.
  21. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree that our biggest needs are a winger and a number 10. And I just don't see anyone. Would have to hope for Milosevic, Krunic, Hajradinovic, Hajrovic etc to explode. Would not bet on it.

We also need a RB

22. PjanicBoy8

PjanicBoy8 Member+

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Emir Dilaver

23. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Meh, I'm not seeing much difference than what Sušić brought. He's the opposite of Sušić when it comes to offensive football and questionable substitutes at times. Having said that, I hope he stays, given a healthy squad, he might have done better.

Let's just all ignore today happened and move on.

24. Randy Marsh

Randy Marsh Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well 24 playing in Hungary. Very average by all accounts. Doubt he is better than Vranjes.

25. PjanicBoy8

PjanicBoy8 Member+

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dude I dont give a ******** where anyone plays anymore. Lulic plays in Lazio and I would rather ********ing play Duljevic over him to be completely honest. Time to give these guys a shot why not? Visca was our best player by far in these two games and the guy plays in the Turkish league (Turkish league is strong but the club he plays for isnt like Besiktas or Galatasary)