UEFA CL Round of 16: Real Madrid (Home) v. Napoli (Away) @ Bernabeu [R]

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    upload_2017-2-6_18-31-29.png
    Ok starting this thread early being that there will be lots of news and other things to talk about leading up to perhaps the biggest game Napoli has played in the last 20 years !

We are going to watched my 100s of millions of people from all over the world mostly plastic fans that follow madrid because its the in thing to do...

Lets up Sarri gets this team mentally ready for this game. If we show fear in the face of facing Madrid then we wont have a chance at all.

Sacki and Retrosword repped this.
  2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Make us dream Mister!

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We still have a league which is more important for our future.

Also, where are all the people?

4. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    More important but winning real Madrid would present a greater happiness than anything for the club, it'd be magical and stay in our memories for the next decades. How often do we play a powerhouse? In recent memory, Bayern a few years ago but that was just a group game. Beating real Madrid would shuttup anyone who talks bad about Serie A

Sacki repped this.
  5. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    idk I say we'll remember our triumphs against Crotone & Pescara more than beating Real Madrid would be something for us to remember

6. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
  7. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    80,000 fans expected at the Bernabeu, man I cannot wait for this game. The atmosphere at both home and away games will be crazy

el napulitan repped this.
  8. Back2NY

Back2NY Member

Feb 2, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's going to be craaaaazy! So excited and hoping that we show up and show the world the great team we are!

el napulitan and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope maggio nutmegs Cr7.

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No pressure. We need to stay calm.

el napulitan and Sacki repped this.
  11. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good Luck Guys, Make Serie A proud.

Do you have any idea, why people are saying Real Madrid will smash you guys? I mean they are a superior team on paper, but not highly or miles superior. Say compare player by player:

Navas > Reina
    Carvajal < Hysaj (I am not sure, but I never thought Carvajal to be that good of a player. Please correct me if you think Carvajal is superior)
    Pepe < Koulibaly (Again I could be wrong as well, but I thought Koulibaly was a quick defender and can really defend well especially in 1v1 situations).
    Rams > Albiol
    Marcelo = Ghoulam
    Modric > Hamsik
    Casameiro = Diawara/Jorginho
    Kroos > Allan/Zelinski
    Ronaldo > Mertens
    Bale > Callejon
    Benzema/Morata < Milik (Milik looks really promising and this season I think he is superior to either Benzema or Morata)

Did I do this right now? I could be underestimating some Real Madrid players as its not like I watch them all the time, but I have never been impressed with any of the Real Madrid defense honestly other than Ramos.

el napulitan, CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yep, no pressure on our players. No one expects us to stand any chance against Real Madrid which means the players can play with freedom.

However if we compare the two teams it is evident that their biggest strength (crosses and set pieces) is our biggest weakness. On the other hand there will be a lot of space for Mertens, Callejon and Insigne to run into, and on the right day they can be quite lethal for any defence.
    Also looking forward to seeing how our midfield manages to deal with their midfield - are we at that level yet?
    I'm a little concerned about Reina though - letting in a cheasy knuckle shot from Bale or Ronaldo is the last thing we need this season.

Anyways not everything is so bad... we only have Milik injured whereas I've heard they have multiple injured prolific players. We'll have to check up on that.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Carvajal is the world's best right back bro... And Milik wont be playing, I can almost guarentee that. Pepe is easily as good as Ramos.
    We have to beat them on tactics, hard work and teamwork (and wok).

MiamiNative0722, Edhardy and Retrosword repped this.
  14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Milik won't start but I suppose he could come on later though. Really Carvajal is the best RB? Is he better than Alves, Lahm, Florenzi, and Juanfran?

15. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah some of your player comparisons look a bit off and regardless we all know that doesn't define who will win anyway. We aren't expected to be star studded like Madrid or barca, but we can outshine them tactically

Sacki repped this.
  16. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Jorginho vs diawara for midfield? I'd play safe and go with diawara, he has better ball retention and real Madrid will pressure you with every player which can cause jorginho problems. But then it's unlike sarri to start diawara twice in a row

17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I think so to. Jorginho is a playmaker, while Diawara is more of a defensive box to box midfielder. Against Real I'd say use Diawara.

Sacki and Retrosword repped this.
  18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Sarri wont start Jorgy because diawara is better when we have to sit deep. On the other hand jorgy could do some real damage if they play with isco-kovacic-modric because he has the same center of gravity and can get in close to them for the interceptions

19. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah I can't see him starting Jorgy either, but he won't take it well being benched two games in a row with one being vs RM. Casemiro will probably start, he's essential to their gameplan because of how much Marcelo loves to stay forward and at times even Ramos pushing up. I watched Madrid today, they were very very sloppy in possession and Ronaldo had his hands up in the air half the time in frustration, making them look very beatable. I think they'll start with Casemiro-isco-modric.

This game can throw Callejon into the spotlight. Marcelo will leave the left flank open with him going forward all the time, so Callejons's runs will be more important as ever. I won't be suprised if thats how most of our chances are created.

20. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Madrid looked very beatable against Osasuna, they reminded me of how AC Milan played against us at San Siro, they push far forward trying to get us pinned back and went off on a few counters.

Even if our style has changed, Hamsik is one of the best on the counter attack. So I think it won't be a shitshow, be a very balanced game.

Retrosword repped this.
  21. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Madrid fan here... No offense but Carvajal is one of the most underrated players in the Madrid side. I know that is because no one outside madrid fans will watch him week in week out.

Maybe a prime Lahm would have been better than him but at the current batch of RBs, he is..

Madrid is kind of hot and cold form right now but CL is something they take very seriously.. and getting a strong result at home will be their aim. Expect them to come out strong in the first 20 mins or so..

22. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Italy azzurri fan is kind of a goofball Juve fan, so don't take his opinions as collective Napoli fans opinions!

Star-Lord repped this.
  23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are the underdog so no pressure. Everyone expects us to lose.

10,000 fans will be there and Diego will stay at the same hotel.

Let's just go out there and have fun.

Forza Napoli

JCNapoli17, Back2NY, Sacki and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I don't think Pepe will be starting, with him on the verge of leaving RM at the end of the season it'll be a ramos and varane pairing. Also they played 3 ATB against Osasuna, can any Madrid fan tell me why and if they'll deploy that on Wednesday?

25. forza 4zA

forza 4zA Member+

Jul 9, 2013
    East Coast US
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Danilo is a doubt for Real but i dont know much about him

predictions are that Sarri will go with Allan and Jorgy in midfield

i like what Sarri and the players are saying about playing our normal game and testing ourselves against the best.